PDA

View Full Version : I cant play

texastc
02-09-2008, 01:52 PM
just bought a new video card GeForce 6200oc. I only have pci slots so that what i got. I installed the game, and the 1.4 patch. As soon as I run the game, pc locks with a multicolored screen and I have to shut down. I checked with the Can I play it site and it says that Im only running 92mb of video ram when my vid card is a 256mb card. It acknowledges that I have a 6200 but I dont get it. Ill do mor searchs for the answer but I figured Id ask here for maybe a quicker response. Thanks in advance.

texastc
02-09-2008, 01:52 PM
just bought a new video card GeForce 6200oc. I only have pci slots so that what i got. I installed the game, and the 1.4 patch. As soon as I run the game, pc locks with a multicolored screen and I have to shut down. I checked with the Can I play it site and it says that Im only running 92mb of video ram when my vid card is a 256mb card. It acknowledges that I have a 6200 but I dont get it. Ill do mor searchs for the answer but I figured Id ask here for maybe a quicker response. Thanks in advance.

Yooperbacker
02-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Hello texastc, After you installed your new video card did you go and see if there was an update for the driver used in your video card program? I am not sure what is wrong, just thought I would throw this in as something to check.

texastc
02-09-2008, 07:41 PM
yes, I installed driver from cd first. And after a few tries running the game I went to their website and installed the latest. I just dont understand why my 256mb card is showing only 96mb when I do the test. I know I have a lower end card but it says that its supported on this game. I can play it on my girlfriends laptop, Ill just have to go see her more often I guess

Sparhawk81
02-11-2008, 06:47 AM
I don't think she'll appreciate the fact you see her more just to play SH4... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Anyway, never trust minumum requirements reported for videogames!!! NEVER! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Try running some benchmarks... maybe your vid card is powerful enough to play SH4, but it may be a bit faulty and easily get overheated (and so it should lock your system with benchmarks too)... try also running the game both with your case open and, if possible, with a fan blowing some fresh air inside it...

Then let us know the results...