PDA

View Full Version : Fix for those with CD key problems

Tabitt
03-18-2005, 02:49 AM
Hey guys, I had the problem with my CD also, but for some weird reason, when you punch in the CD key only add the top line. Do not add the second string of code below it. Also use dashes.

Tabitt
03-18-2005, 02:49 AM
Hey guys, I had the problem with my CD also, but for some weird reason, when you punch in the CD key only add the top line. Do not add the second string of code below it. Also use dashes.

wingtip59
03-18-2005, 04:27 AM
even after entering it correctly some are still having erros as i did... its stupid that it has to check the disc each time you open the game but the only way i can get my crappy sony to read my cd key is i have to FIRST put in a dvd movie which opens up my "power dvd" software program... once i do that i can pop the game back in and then it can read it... must have something to do with codecs ???

RuKo3031973
03-18-2005, 06:42 AM
When you put the dvd in it, close everything that pops up. Then start the game with the icon on the desktop. That works fine by me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

mashkis
03-18-2005, 06:56 AM
On the UBI support site it says to enter only the first 25 letters in the key.

I tried it and it worked.

KrazyKyle84
03-18-2005, 07:18 AM
Tried all these things, still same problem. Need solutions here, getting very angry that I can't even get into the **** game...

Supr
03-18-2005, 08:07 AM
the issue i had was entering the last few numbers and letters from the bottom line. It would have been nice had they said enter the top line only(without having to go to the support site). Oh well, its pretty much the same with all the cd codes, on all games. It alwyas seems to take me two or three tries to enter them correctly.

Keledron18
03-18-2005, 08:07 AM
It could also be that crappy *coughVIRUScough* copy protection scheme Ubi decided to go with, called Starforce. It has created problems on numerous systems, literally damaging hardware (DVD-roms) beyond repair.

If ANYTHING happens to my hardware because of this copy protection scheme, the responsible party that put it in the game can replace it.

Of all the copy prot schemes out there, Ubi decides to go with the WORST one, the one that is notorious for damaging some machines beyond repair... great game guys, but really lovely planning on your part... why don't you look in to the reactions of the community before you choose a scheme that damages computers.

Supr
03-18-2005, 08:09 AM
damages computer hardware? Where did that come from. You might want to post some support for a claim like that before you get labled has a troll. Oh BTW welcome to the forums.

hobnail
03-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Just google starforce and brace for impact...

lusitania2005
03-18-2005, 03:53 PM
I just bought silent hunter 3 and the key code does not work. It is only printed on the disk, just one line. *****-*****-*****-*****
When I make an obvious mistake it immediately says error wrong key code, but when I put in the right code, it practically freezes and after 15 to 20 minutes then says error wrong key code. Just what can I do?

wolfh2o
03-18-2005, 04:02 PM
The key code is 25 digits spaced in 5, 5 digit sections like so...

Yes, when I put in the "right" code it reads the DVD for about 30secs, then says the key is wrong. When I put in a wrong code on purpose it instantly stops.

Welcome to the club...My key isin't working either.

Send a question to them with the support system and wait for a real answer like it seems everyone else is doing.

Drilling_857
03-18-2005, 04:25 PM
I just want a post from them saying they are going to fix this problem http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

But so far, not a word....
So were does that leave us....well, hanging around like a bunch of chimps.....

Pass the peanuts please http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

oscar0072004
03-19-2005, 05:55 AM
Its UBI,s biggest blunder so far! This program acutally cries to be cracked and hacked by the honoust customers who acutally payed for it! Ubi should be ashamed!

aroosendaal
03-19-2005, 06:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lusitania2005:
I just bought silent hunter 3 and the key code does not work. It is only printed on the disk, just one line. *****-*****-*****-*****
When I make an obvious mistake it immediately says error wrong key code, but when I put in the right code, it practically freezes and after 15 to 20 minutes then says error wrong key code. Just what can I do? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also had this problem it has to do something with your dvd drive (mine a pioneer dvd 115)that is not compatible with starforce, I luckily had also a NEC DVD RW drive when I installed it from this one the key was recognized, if you have an other dvd drive available you could try Good luck. (It is really a shame this protection system for people who buy a game)