PDA

View Full Version : Whould you like to see a "True Ghost" mode?

oorlogshond
12-04-2007, 02:31 AM
Hey, here's a poll about a feature that's seriously missing in the latest GR series.

oorlogshond
12-04-2007, 02:39 AM
%#&@! at the topic title! WHould=would of course (damn typos!).

BS PALADIN
12-04-2007, 03:52 AM
Sounds identical to hardcore mode on COD4. I voted yes.

RawKryptonite
12-04-2007, 07:15 AM
ABSOLUTELY.
They need to bring over several features that AA:TS has.

MeanMF
12-04-2007, 08:04 AM
Yes, but this should be the DEFAULT and the other stuff should be an optional "arcade mode". They made that mistake in AA:TS as well. Also add "first person only" to that list because without that, the rest really doesn't mean anything.

oorlogshond
12-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by MeanMF:
Yes, but this should be the DEFAULT and the other stuff should be an optional "arcade mode". They made that mistake in AA:TS as well. Also add "first person only" to that list because without that, the rest really doesn't mean anything.

You can already host(and search) games with forced first person, that option is already available. What's truly missing is a hardcore mode and i think it's a better idea to keep this seperate from the POV people like to play it at. Even in third person i think this hardcore mode would add a lot to the gameplay. And according to this poll (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3291043913/m/7031057085) both a sim/hardcore mode and the ability to play in third person seem to be popular but almost no one likes the current first person view. Important because we definitely aren't getting a gun view.

Look, i can think of a much longer list of things i'd like to see but i want something that's easy to implement(relatively speaking) and can be enjoyed by both FPV and TPV fans. If enough people are interested and vote then maybe(maybe!) Ubisoft might consider. Who knows? I dunno but guess it's worth a try.

MeanMF
12-04-2007, 08:56 AM
As long as you can see through rocks and walls, there's really no point to making the rest of the game more realistic. Do you want realism or not? "True Ghosts" can't see through walls.

oorlogshond
12-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Well, it would make the game more challenging and i think that counts for something too.

I agree and i'am aware of the problems regarding TPV but let's be a bit more pragmatic. We already have the option to play either in FPV or TPV but not in some hardcore mode.

... "True Ghosts" ...

Damn... Ghosts... of course it should be plural. *changes sig*

Cons72
12-04-2007, 10:19 AM
Regardless of POV, these things would make a better game.

i.e. I think GR:SS is better than GRAW as far as game play and "realism."

phidave
12-04-2007, 10:30 AM
I like all but the "no kill confirmation". A small pop up, similar to what COD4 in hardcore does would be just fine.

oorlogshond
12-04-2007, 10:58 AM
The only pop up i'd like to see is when you have either completed or failed the mission. Nothing until then, nada, zip, zero, zilch. No cross-com or anything that even remotely smells like it. This should be more hardcore then COD4 hardcore. This is a Clancy game afterall. Clancycore.

The way i'm suggesting this mode to be made is already a compromise. Please, for once, let's not try to water it down any further.

Like i said, similar to AA2 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8211091985/m/6751028985?r=1131061195#1131061195) (and not COD4).

AA:TS provides a more realistic experience using the "True Soldiers" server option. With True Soldiers turned on the following will happen.
--* Removes IFF/Names
----o Friendly Names still appear but only at close range <span class="ev_code_RED">(not available in COD4)</span>
--* Removes Focus Dots above enemy heads
----o Target acquisition becomes a much larger factor.
--* Removes Kill Messages in upper left (No kill confirmation) <span class="ev_code_RED">(not available in COD4)</span>
----o Players should now confirm their kills since it's a valid strategy to hit the dirt and play dead if you are receiving heavy fire.
--* Removes Radar<span class="ev_code_RED">(not available in COD4 unless it's a private match with UAV off)</span>
----o Leaves only the compass function onscreen <span class="ev_code_RED">(not available in COD4)</span>
--* Removes Objective Markers unless the "Show Objective Indicators" option is On <span class="ev_code_RED">(not available in COD4)</span>
----o Less Intel provided to the Soldiers on the ground, you must hunt down the Objectives yourself and send out Fire-Teams to recon.

Cons72
12-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Kill confirmations are for the weak. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

RawKryptonite
12-04-2007, 12:29 PM
If you want to confirm a kill, go look at the body or have a teammate do it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
If all you find is the rifle after the body disappears, that's just as good. Until it's confirmed, assume that guy is still alive and play with caution.

Hochmeister
12-06-2007, 04:29 PM
I vote Yes. I was a rabid GR player for years but I just can't get GRAW to click for me. I am not into it. My time goes into Rainbow six, which is still a little "halo" for my taste, but has some really great stuff....

Love the graphics of GRAW, but PLEASE, PLEASE produce a military shooter in the gameplay tradition of OGR 1/2.

Hoch

Admiral_Boots
12-07-2007, 12:28 AM

Exactly.

What we really need is two different games...

1. Ghost Recon, which is strictly as realistic as possible, FPV (or FPWV), no trigger zoom, no class modifiers, etc.

2. Advanced Warfighter, which includes all the unrealistic stuff, like OTS, futuristic guns, trigger zoom, drones, etc.

snapkracklepop
12-07-2007, 03:18 PM
I voted yes, but I doubt it will happen. Maybe the next game could be GR3. Or how about a remake of OGR with the expansions?

Safrole
12-08-2007, 11:03 AM
All the people who tend toward OGR and this hypothetical hardcore mode would LOVE America's Army. Oorlog I know you would and many others. People on the AA forum are looking for an answer as to whether they care if fans ship the game to other countries or not. I would be willing to facilitate this.

I love GRAW, but there's not as much nonsensical trickery in AA, because of the FPWV.

snapkracklepop
12-08-2007, 12:40 PM
I agree, it is a good game but I want my GR back.

oorlogshond
12-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Safrole:
All the people who tend toward OGR and this hypothetical hardcore mode would LOVE America's Army. Oorlog I know you would and many others. People on the AA forum are looking for an answer as to whether they care if fans ship the game to other countries or not. I would be willing to facilitate this.

I love GRAW, but there's not as much nonsensical trickery in AA, because of the FPWV.

Man, i'd love to try it out. The problem i think is not the process of buying the game (i think it can simply be ordered at Amazon or somewhere else) the problem is will it work? The box says NTSC and we need a PAL version overhere. I and others have asked this question regarding this matter months ago but never got an answer. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

But even if this problem gets solved and people in Europe and elsewhere get to play AA2, there is still GRAW2 with loads of maps that need to be be played. And i'd love to play them in some kind of "true ghosts" modus.

RawKryptonite
12-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Safrole:

THANK YOU.
I'm glad I'm not the only one preaching about it. AA:TS is what GR is supposed to be.

ZPaul2Fresh8
12-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by RawKryptonite:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Safrole:

THANK YOU.
I'm glad I'm not the only one preaching about it. AA:TS is what GR is supposed to be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AA:TS is a waste of money. Washed out graphics just like graw series, no instant kills and no appealing game modes in adversial. Not to mention lacking maps.

snapkracklepop
12-11-2007, 03:32 PM
I didn't think the visuals were too bad, there is going to be a patch for instant kills, there are alot of adversarial modes including blind siege, and I enjoy the maps, although I agree there aren't very many.

MeanMF
12-11-2007, 03:45 PM
It could always use more maps.. But even with the limited number there are more good, open maps in AA:TS than there are in GRAW 2. All of the big GRAW adversarial game types are there: SS, LMS, Siege, Blind Siege. I can also assure you that there are instant kills, having been on both ends of several. It's not nearly as frequent as in GRAW though - we'll see how different it is if they are still planning on releasing a patch.

I haven't played much adversarial though because I've been having too much fun with the co-op. There's a lot of replay value in it - way more than the co-op in GRAW. You're rewarded based on how well you complete the objectives and for getting your squad through intact, and that's hard to do on the high difficulty levels.

XxCH0NGxX
12-11-2007, 08:52 PM
I heard AA:TS didn't have instant kills. that it was just like the demo, when you got shot you automatically went to ground wounded. That's why I didnt buy the game, nor did I even bother renting it. Until I hear from numerous people that there are instant kills, they won't get any money from me on that title. Although the demo was kick ***, no instant kills equals no money from me.

MeanMF
12-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Instant kills are pretty frequent if the guy's already wounded (but not bleeding out). If he's healthy they're rare. If you set the bleedout timer to 15 seconds it might as well be a kill anyway - that's almost never enough time to get to somebody, clear the area, and medic them.

snapkracklepop
12-12-2007, 09:25 PM
If a patch does come out, they better get the news out. It seems like alot of people would buy it if not for the lack of instant kills.

oorlogshond
01-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by oorlogshond:
The only pop up i'd like to see is when you have either completed or failed the mission. Nothing until then, nada, zip, zero, zilch. No cross-com or anything that even remotely smells like it. This should be more hardcore then COD4 hardcore. This is a Clancy game afterall. Clancycore.

The way i'm suggesting this mode to be made is already a compromise. Please, for once, let's not try to water it down any further.

Like i said, similar to AA2 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8211091985/m/6751028985?r=1131061195#1131061195) (and not COD4).
AA:TS provides a more realistic experience using the "True Soldiers" server option. With True Soldiers turned on the following will happen.
--* Removes IFF/Names
----o Friendly Names still appear but only at close range <span class="ev_code_RED">(not available in COD4)</span>
--* Removes Focus Dots above enemy heads
----o Target acquisition becomes a much larger factor.
--* Removes Kill Messages in upper left (No kill confirmation) <span class="ev_code_RED">(not available in COD4)</span>
----o Players should now confirm their kills since it's a valid strategy to hit the dirt and play dead if you are receiving heavy fire.
--* Removes Radar<span class="ev_code_RED">(not available in COD4 unless it's a private match with UAV off)</span>
----o Leaves only the compass function onscreen <span class="ev_code_RED">(not available in COD4)</span>
--* Removes Objective Markers unless the "Show Objective Indicators" option is On <span class="ev_code_RED">(not available in COD4)</span>
----o Less Intel provided to the Soldiers on the ground, you must hunt down the Objectives yourself and send out Fire-Teams to recon.

Ok i'm replying to myself here because apparently i just found out that i forgot to include a feature in my poll.

Read the last feature of the 'True Soldiers' mode that's available in AA2:

--* Removes Objective Markers unless the "Show Objective Indicators" option is On[/b]

I think this would make blind siege games a lot more fun. The attacking team would have to find out where the base actually is. Right now what happens a lot in siege games is that people simply rush to the base and match ends in less then a minute(especially on smaller maps). I'm not exactly sure how this done in AA:2 but having all zones indicated on the map (without knowing wich one it is of course) sounds logical since it will be one of those anyway. Obviously without any HUD indication.

Maybe this is a question for Kimi. What do the developers think of bringing a True Ghosts mode to GRAW2? Personally i think it would spice up the gameplay quite a bit.

vyper_981
01-24-2008, 02:47 AM
well i have to say no to like getting rid of the aiming reticule and stuff because unlike most games it actually makes sense to have it because of teh cross-com which wwould give you all the stuff (except liek kill confirmation and stuff.

but everything else like running yeah, except decreaqsing running speed

hchawk1906
01-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Do you want realism or not? "True Ghosts" can't see through walls.

No, but real ghosts can fly right through them!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Thank you...I'm here 'til Thursday. Try the veal!

t3t011
01-28-2008, 07:20 PM
I agree but I want the HUD to stay, w/o the reticule of course