PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.6 tenative fixes

C1v1l1an
10-25-2004, 06:10 AM
I was reading the intended fixes list for patch 1.6 and thought I'd post on it.

I didn't think most items on this list were a priority or of major interest to most of the players I've come across.

New reticles, like Rogue Spear. Does anyone care at this point about this?

Vote Next Map. I'm sure this will be somewhat useful if not annoying as every round there will be a vote to change map. Can we have a votekick of a player running while votemap is up? If not then teamkillers will roam servers and find ones which don't have admins. They'll tk, then start a votemap so they can't be votekicked off. I personally don't care about voting a map. 10 rounds is the standard, and, whatever map is up I'll play seeing as how there's probably going to be someone on the server who really likes the map.

Automated Patch System. What patches?

ESRB Notice. Ok, now it's compliant, and parents can log on and see what their kids are getting into. I guess this has to be on the list...

Restriction Kit fix. I hope this helps someone.

Fixed Crash fix. Again, I hope this helps someone.

Still no SDK.

One very common problem is not being able to choose a team when joining a server or at the start of a round. I wouldn't consider this an optimization. I would call this a fix, though it's not on the list. Primary bug isn't on the list either.

What exacly does it mean when they say they're recompiling? Don't you have to recompile software everytime you make a change to the programming code? I mean theoretically you could just go back to the original programming code, hit the compile button, and say you just recompiled it. Please explain this to me.

C1v1l1an
10-25-2004, 06:10 AM
I was reading the intended fixes list for patch 1.6 and thought I'd post on it.

I didn't think most items on this list were a priority or of major interest to most of the players I've come across.

New reticles, like Rogue Spear. Does anyone care at this point about this?

Vote Next Map. I'm sure this will be somewhat useful if not annoying as every round there will be a vote to change map. Can we have a votekick of a player running while votemap is up? If not then teamkillers will roam servers and find ones which don't have admins. They'll tk, then start a votemap so they can't be votekicked off. I personally don't care about voting a map. 10 rounds is the standard, and, whatever map is up I'll play seeing as how there's probably going to be someone on the server who really likes the map.

Automated Patch System. What patches?

ESRB Notice. Ok, now it's compliant, and parents can log on and see what their kids are getting into. I guess this has to be on the list...

Restriction Kit fix. I hope this helps someone.

Fixed Crash fix. Again, I hope this helps someone.

Still no SDK.

One very common problem is not being able to choose a team when joining a server or at the start of a round. I wouldn't consider this an optimization. I would call this a fix, though it's not on the list. Primary bug isn't on the list either.

What exacly does it mean when they say they're recompiling? Don't you have to recompile software everytime you make a change to the programming code? I mean theoretically you could just go back to the original programming code, hit the compile button, and say you just recompiled it. Please explain this to me.

MT_Bever
10-25-2004, 06:38 AM
I know this discussion should be in the sticky, but anyways..

the votemap function sounds nice and all, but will probably never effect me. i'm not one to have many e-friends so i mainly just join random servers that have a low ping and a good map. so i typically never join a server where i'll want to change a map because i wouldn't have joined the server in the first place if it was a bad map. i'm not one that plays in the same server all day where people might want to keep changing the map once the map rotation hits a bad map. I always join a server that has a map i like and leave once that map or maps i liked are done and on to a new server.

to sum this up, to use the change map feature i'd have to be in a server playing a map that i didn't like and if i didn't like it i wouldn't have joined in the first place...

after reading that it was kinda confusing. any one get what i'm saying?

Jackal4ever
10-25-2004, 07:21 AM
Yeah, a bit http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Philipz
10-25-2004, 09:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by C1v1l1an:

What exacly does it mean when they say they're recompiling? Don't you have to recompile software everytime you make a change to the programming code? I mean theoretically you could just go back to the original programming code, hit the compile button, and say you just recompiled it. Please explain this to me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The choosing a team bug, all-be-it relatively common for us peons to get this bug, UBI has basically said that they were unable to re-create any packet loss related bugs. This means that this will never get fixed along with frag lock, double-nade bug, scope bug, etc. etc..

All the patches that have been released have been compiled/re-compiled.

sls1aw
10-25-2004, 10:42 AM
"The choosing a team bug, all-be-it relatively common for us peons to get this bug, UBI has basically said that they were unable to re-create any packet loss related bugs. This means that this will never get fixed along with frag lock, double-nade bug, scope bug, etc. etc.."

lol yeah it's kinda funny. Poor guys with there new 3.6 xeon computers sittin on there OC3 connections.. And couldn't drop any packets.

How bout they bring the **** game home. & try a 3.0 prescott cpu. And a Cable connection. then join a server ;/

But they kinda did half **** try & fix the frag lock. Before when you got a frag lock. hit the console key, Or lay down. And the bug was gone. Now you get frag lock.. you have to suicide to fix it lmao

2 steps forward, 10 steps back GJ

Ofcr_Lawless
10-25-2004, 11:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>lol yeah it's kinda funny. Poor guys with there new 3.6 xeon computers sittin on there OC3 connections.. And couldn't drop any packets.

How bout they bring the **** game home. & try a 3.0 prescott cpu. And a Cable connection. then join a server ;/ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I can't be that simple. I have a cable connection and I had a P4 2.4 and never got the bugs you guys do. I now have a P4 3.0HT and still nothing.

C1v1l1an
10-25-2004, 10:00 PM
Did the new rets really take 8 months?

1.56 to 1.6? So does each 0.1 of that fix represent each point added? I haven't noticed any benefits from clicking complile again.

Full_Breach
10-25-2004, 10:43 PM
I agree, how Dumb do we really look? This is a Manager somewhere thinking no one will notice that there is no substance to this patch. This is worse than no patch at all, and my faith in UBI is now completly gone. I make this pledge to UBI: I will buy another UBI game when you fix this one. As far as I'm concerned I and many others have been beta testing UBI Software for close to 2 years. I purchased RVS the first week it came out.. I will not bother trying to get my money back as I feel a dump coming on, and can put my game and manual to good use.

Full_Breach
10-25-2004, 10:48 PM
Oh Yeah... How long before they try and cover up this thread as well??? do they think that covering up the communities opinion boads well for there customer relations and future buyers?

Me thinks not.