PDA

View Full Version : multiplayer- new profile

retep1951
06-14-2007, 07:41 AM
i thought i'd give multi player a try but it didn't like my login and suggested i create a new profile - but such an option does not exist as far as i can see

retep1951
06-14-2007, 07:41 AM
i thought i'd give multi player a try but it didn't like my login and suggested i create a new profile - but such an option does not exist as far as i can see

pennyuk
06-14-2007, 10:00 AM
When you log in to the BBGC Login box,there is an option called New Login use that

retep1951
06-15-2007, 07:50 AM
i tried that but it doesn't like that either and still says create new profile

pennyuk
06-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Not sure which nickname you are trying to use,Im assuming this one you are using on here?,the BBGC wont accept it(UBI reserve all nicks registered in BBGC,but it doesnt work the other way round).If you havent already done so you need to create a nickname and password to use on the server,chances are retep1951 wont have been taken.

retep1951
06-17-2007, 05:05 AM
i've tried a name that could not possibly have been taken but it still won't accept it

pennyuk
06-17-2007, 06:18 AM
I cant help you if you dont explain what you have tried to do,no nickname will work until you activate it,are you trying to say the nickname you made was taken?

retep1951
06-18-2007, 05:06 AM
no, because the whole business is totally obscure, followimbg what you said i just kept trying new names until something worked but nothing works everi never had this trouble with any other multiplayer game

pennyuk
06-18-2007, 08:47 AM
I just created a new nick to try it out and its working fine,I really have no idea where the problem lies.

retep1951
06-19-2007, 11:10 AM
i just keep trying new names on the understanding that i cannot use retep1951 but none of them work there is absolutely no explanation anywher of why or what is wrong hence i am one very unhappy customer

pennyuk
06-19-2007, 01:22 PM
I made yet another profile to test it,and all working fine,I chose the number after yours,but it will never be used.

From the email I received to activate the BBGC profile

Dear retep1952,
welcome to the BLUE BYTE community.
By clicking on the link above, you can activate your BBGC PROFILE.
You can also activate your BBGC PROFILE manually with your personal ID number (PIN) listed above. Simply enter this number in the registration box the next time you log in.
Your nickname has now been reserved for you and can be used, for example, in the forums where you will now be identified as a registered BBGC member.

I truly have no idea why you are having any problem,I have now made 2 in 2 days.

retep1951
06-22-2007, 06:33 AM
i hace no way of contacting blu byte ubisoft - whatever they call themselves if i try my email bounce

pennyuk
06-22-2007, 07:10 AM
From everything you have posted it is obvious you arent doing this right,so here are the steps you take to make a Profile for BBGC,to allow you into the lobby.

Load S4 and get to this screen
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/Zazzoo25/login.jpg

use the create new profile button centre bottom

This will bring this screen up

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/Zazzoo25/login2.jpg

Fill in the boxes if the nickname you have chosen is already taken when you hit the submit button it will tell you,if all is ok you will be told on the next screen that an email has been sent to you.The email contains a link and a PIN number,if the link doesn work you use the PIN to manually validate it.

retep1951
06-23-2007, 06:35 AM
whats the lobby?

pennyuk
06-23-2007, 06:58 AM
The place you join to connect to the games server.

retep1951
06-28-2007, 02:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pennyuk:
I made yet another profile to test it,and all working fine,I chose the number after yours,but it will never be used.

Dear retep1952,

fair enough but how do they know where to send the email- given that i cannot use the login i use for this?
You can also activate your BBGC PROFILE manually with your personal ID number (PIN) listed above. Simply enter this number in the registration box the next time you log in.
Your nickname has now been reserved for you and can be used, for example, in the forums where you will now be identified as a registered BBGC member.

I truly have no idea why you are having any problem,I have now made 2 in 2 days. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pennyuk
06-28-2007, 03:32 PM
and?

megg
02-04-2008, 02:28 PM
Post by retep1951

because the multiplayer bit does not like any name i try i thought i'd pick a bew onre at random but it does not like that either-- surely blubyte have the most opaque multiplayer system in the world and it is imposible to contact themor am i doomed nevertotry the muliplayer bit?

pennyuk
02-04-2008, 02:43 PM
We went through this before,I made the nick retep1950 with no problems,I clearly don`t know where you are going wrong.

The company BlueByte no longer exists hence not being able to contact them on any of their old email addresses

retep1951
02-04-2008, 02:43 PM
whats the difference between a new logi and a new profile? it talks about a new profile button but no such button existsits a shame i can't play multiplayer as i was just getting a grip on the game
is there a list of walkthroughs somewherebecause romans mission1 has no iron ore or gold on it anywhere

inever came across a more irritating game in my life- thre designers jolly well deserved to go bust

retep1951
02-05-2008, 07:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pennyuk:
Not sure which nickname you are trying to use,Im assuming this one you are using on here?,the BBGC wont accept it(UBI reserve all nicks registered in BBGC,but it doesnt work the other way round).If you havent already done so you need to create a nickname and password to use on the server,chances are retep1951 wont have been taken. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks but what is a new profile? there is no new profile button-- just to be clear i understand- i have to pick an unused name- ie make one up -it won't accept retep1951 and it suggests i click the new profile button BUT NO SUCH BUTTON EXISTS it is a very stupid system

pennyuk
02-05-2008, 11:26 AM
If you have downloaded the BBGC (BlueByte Gaming Channel) double click that,if not select Multiplayer from the games main menu

You will see this box on your screen
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/Zazzoo25/bbgc1.jpg

Select the centre button NEW LOGIN

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/Zazzoo25/login2.jpg

On this screen create a player name you want to use in the Lobby to play.

The next screen tells you that its been successful and you need to go and click a link on the email that will be sent to you,to activate the profile and allow you to enter.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/Zazzoo25/login3.jpg

retep1951
02-06-2008, 03:37 AM

Dear retep1952,

I truly have no idea why you are having any problem,I have now made 2 in 2 days. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok i have loaded the game and cannot find any create new profile button anywhere- di assume you mean after choosing mumtiplayer- there is no create new profile button on that screen or any other any where

pennyuk
02-06-2008, 04:39 AM
When you installed the game and it asked if you wanted to install the Gaming Lobby did you allow it to? or did you decline it?.

Go here
http://www.bluebyte.net/eng/support/faq.asp?id=''
On the left click play and chat
Download bbgcinstall_full.exe (1.06 MB).It also tells you how to install it.

If you click log in on the left of that same page you can also create a nickname BUT I wont guarantee it will work doing it via that website,its better to do it as I showed you.

megg
02-06-2008, 04:56 AM
retep, when you open your game and click on multiplayer, then you have to choose the icon of the pc and the world globe - that brings you to the login screen.

That is if you installed the BBGC when you originally put S4 on your pc.