PDA

View Full Version : Suicidal Tendencies of Ezio/Altair

EG NeoMorph
12-30-2011, 02:40 PM
Let me start by saying I like the series but for the one fact. I am fed up of climbing a tower or something and then suddenly get killed because Ezio, instead of climbing up, does a 180 and jumps into thin air and falls to his death. WHY couldn't you have made it so that that jump is only possible when there is something to jump to?

Happened in AC2, Brotherhood and now Revelations. Kind of silly ignoring the complaints from reviewers who say the same thing isn't it?

kriegerdesgottes
12-30-2011, 02:43 PM
I have found that this almost never happens to me because I've been playing these games for so long but when it does..I just use my parachute.

My Only Home
12-30-2011, 04:21 PM
That happens to me so much more often in Revelations then any other, and it really is starting to tick me off. Time and time again instead of jumping to the roof I'm pointing him towards, he jumps off of the roof and either severely damages or kills himself... With each AC the controls hit a tiny bit more buggy.

InfectedNation
12-31-2011, 04:53 AM
More you play the less this happens.

MaKaVeLiTL
12-31-2011, 07:58 AM
It happens when you press A (X on PS3) it's not hard really is it to figure out not to press A unless your also moving upwards, it's never happened to me.

lukaszep
12-31-2011, 11:13 AM
A lot of people move the L stick on the controller when trying to do a backwards jump, which is the cause of a lot of um, 'suicides'.

notafanboy
12-31-2011, 11:37 AM
just donīt tap A(or X on the ps3)while climbing, simple really.

Inorganic9_2
12-31-2011, 11:59 AM
I don't even understand how you manage to do this...

LordWolv
12-31-2011, 12:05 PM
That's why you should always carry at least one parachute; but yes, the more experienced you are the less this is going to happen.

CkSwtos
12-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by InfectedNation:
More you play the less this happens.

That. There more you get used to the controls the more professional climber you become.

rafiqul84
12-31-2011, 04:05 PM
Ezio will jump according to the camera angle ; if the camera is facing Ezio sideways as he climbs even if you direct all your controls in an upward manner the "jump button" will make him jump according to camera. Use the "center camera" button - (click your right analogue stick) more often and it wont happen to you

MasterAssasin84
01-01-2012, 07:03 AM
As stated try not to tap a when climbing i did it once in brotherhood.

EG NeoMorph
01-01-2012, 08:32 AM
LOL... I bet it is to do with my nerves misfiring as usual. Ever since I dislocated my damned thumb playing COD4 (the joys of Joint Hypermobility Syndrome) it damaged the nerves and sometimes it fires on its own. I bet it's hitting the A button slightly while I'm climbing.

I just couldn't figure out why it happened when I was trying to climb up and he jumped right into my face as it were. I thought you had to look side on and then hold the left thumbstick left or right for that to happen. Guess not. It just gets soooooo annoying when you nearly make it and then Ezio decides to go skydiving.

Assassin_M
01-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Ohhhhhhh, so the Title of this thread was just sarcasm ?

PhiIs1618033
01-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by rafiqul84:
Ezio will jump according to the camera angle ; if the camera is facing Ezio sideways as he climbs even if you direct all your controls in an upward manner the "jump button" will make him jump according to camera. Use the "center camera" button - (click your right analogue stick) more often and it wont happen to you
Nope, not according to camera angle. Ezio jumps according to the way the left stick if pointed.
If it isn't pointed anywhere (it's left alone), then Ezio will perform a back eject, he will jump straight back.
If it's pointed towards the wall, forward, Ezio will try to perform a climb leap. Be careful when the camera is not set directly behind Ezio (the position where it goes when you center it), because that's really glitchy.
If it's pointed anywhere else, Ezio will jump in that direction.