PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell 1 Not Loading

PoisonSerpent
12-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Hello,

I bought Splinter Cell 1 for the PC, and it worked perfectly, but my computer got a virus, and I rebuilt a new one. I tried to play it, and when I go to load the training level, it freezes at "Press Fire to Begin" When I press it, I hear sound, but it just stays at the same screen. Here are the specs of my computer:

AMD Athlon x64 Dual-Core Processor
2048MB of RAM (2.048GB)
Windows XP Home
ATI Radeon 3100 Series (700MB RAM)
AOpen 18x CD/DVDR+W Drive (That shouldn't be a problem, I installed it full.)
SoundBlaster Live! 24-bit sound card

Should I install the support software? I didn't know what it was, so I didn't install it.

Sorry if there's a post that has the answer I need in it, I searched for "training not loading" and "training" and nothing came up that had my problem.

PoisonSerpent
12-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Hello,

I bought Splinter Cell 1 for the PC, and it worked perfectly, but my computer got a virus, and I rebuilt a new one. I tried to play it, and when I go to load the training level, it freezes at "Press Fire to Begin" When I press it, I hear sound, but it just stays at the same screen. Here are the specs of my computer:

AMD Athlon x64 Dual-Core Processor
2048MB of RAM (2.048GB)
Windows XP Home
ATI Radeon 3100 Series (700MB RAM)
AOpen 18x CD/DVDR+W Drive (That shouldn't be a problem, I installed it full.)
SoundBlaster Live! 24-bit sound card

Should I install the support software? I didn't know what it was, so I didn't install it.

Sorry if there's a post that has the answer I need in it, I searched for "training not loading" and "training" and nothing came up that had my problem.

jzorro
12-07-2008, 02:08 PM
IS this a PC or a laptop? From looking it up, the ATI 3100 series is not a graphica card but an integrated graphics chipset- and a budget one at that. Most games do not work or if at all work poorly with integrated graphics. Try shutting down all extra programs when you run the game including antivirus and turn the resolution on the game way down. The first game is not that demanding on systems-it may work on some- but the rest will definately NOT work on integrated graphics. If you want to play games, get a real video card installed.

The biggest problem with them is that they have to share the system memory. Even though you do have a pretty decent set-up the graphics is what is holding you back here. The video portion is trying to access the memory the same time as the rest of the game program and it cannot handle all the information at once- that is why most video cards include their own seperate memory.

PoisonSerpent
12-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Never mind. Mods can go ahead and close this. I need a new graphics card, b/c the one I was going to install, I can't, because my motherboard won't take a PCI graphics card. Grr, http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif.

jzorro
12-08-2008, 02:05 AM
There is PCI which is really old, AGP- starting to fade away (I just retired my AGP machine), and PCI Express for video cards. If you want to play games I would get the best one you can afford that will fit into your machine.