PDA

View Full Version : population limit

pidane1966
09-30-2007, 09:50 AM
is there any way to get your population limit higher then 200 and your storage limit higher then 2000?

pidane1966
09-30-2007, 09:50 AM
is there any way to get your population limit higher then 200 and your storage limit higher then 2000?

zy1980core
09-30-2007, 12:03 PM
I do not think so. Maybe some who knows how could MoD the game?

Or they could add a sandbox mode.

pidane1966
09-30-2007, 12:07 PM
yeh cause well the storage limit isn't that big of a problem but in my oppinion the settler limit(200) is really low

wowcurses
09-30-2007, 07:35 PM
i don't see a problem with a cap of 200 yet, i have maxed out the rank and all. maby it's because i don't build 3 or so of each building..

though the cap for an army is abit low.

even in single player it's hard to defend your land knowing if you place some men on each tower. then having enough men to attack with is very hard since you don't get enough.

citybuilder
10-01-2007, 12:32 PM
It all depends on how large you want or can build your city. As it is now with one warehouse it seems that 200 cap on population is okay since gathering resources from the far reaches of the map is comptely inefficient so really, how many butchers do you really need in the main settlement area?

I think as the game is now, the 200 cap for the peeps is okay, but like others, the military cap is slightly low if you wish to have more grandiose battles. But if everybody is capped for the military then regardless if you are on the offense or defense, you both have equal amounts of soldiers to work with, so it should be balanced in that what the opponent throws at you, you should be able to counter if your troops are in the correct location to where your opponent is likely to strike.

Think about it this way, if they upped the military limit, then your opponent has more troops to throw at you too. So it's a never ending situation, and the only real option would be to make the cap at some really outragous amount and then it's the person that can click the fastest to build the right buildings that will have the advantage because he'll be able to build more troops than his opponent which will boil it down to what it is now and just be he who has the most troops will usually win. So really adding more troops only makes the battles seem much larger and take a slight bit longer while one side or the other dies.

That's my take on it. Seems they have kept it low enough to try to make multiplayer more feasible in time it takes complete a MP game.

pidane1966
10-02-2007, 06:56 AM
i wanted higher pop cap cause i like building huge cities now im restricted to a small town maybe the pop limit would be good if resource gathering buildings diddnt count

citybuilder
10-02-2007, 08:05 AM
One of the things of it is, that some of the natural resources eventually run out, like metal and rocks. So eventually you are going to scrap the associated buildings so that will atleast free up some of your pop cap when you bulldoze those buildings. So there will be more of the other types of buildings you'll be able to build if you so choose, but I don't think you'll ever get to build a really large settlement in this game unfortunately.