PDA

View Full Version : Ranking - what counts and what doesn't

DiogoQuental
11-28-2010, 07:11 AM
Hi All!

Anyone knows how is the ranking calculated?
What counts and what doesn't?

Any clues?

Wishes of good fights,
Diogo

DiogoQuental
11-28-2010, 07:11 AM
Hi All!

Anyone knows how is the ranking calculated?
What counts and what doesn't?

Any clues?

Wishes of good fights,
Diogo

Decina
11-29-2010, 07:09 AM
Military: number of soldiers produced, military VPs (Generalissimo, Field Marshal, Domination etc.)

Trade: number of trading posts conquered, number of traders produced, trade VPs (N/S trading post etc.)

Religion: number of clerics produced, church VPs (Genious, Fountain of Knowledge, Abbey etc.)

DiogoQuental
12-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Hi Decina!

Well, if you are right, then we should go down in the ranking if we don't play... I don't see it happening.

I believe it is more a measure of performance.

Anyone really knows?

Snuffynator
12-05-2010, 11:50 AM
I believe you mean "Rating" or "Glicko Rating"?
we'll. i have nothing sure info. But I think it has something to do with how "Good" or "Bad" player you beat or get beated by.
So Let's say you play against 3 players and they all have better Rating than you do. If you win, your Rating goes up more than it would if all your opponents had smaller Rating than you.
Also, works vice versa. If you lose against player who is much better than you will lose less points comapared to situation if you lose against player with lower points than you.

So... that was pretty messy explanation...
in nutshell... If you win players better than you, you will have bigger "Reward".
And smaller "Reward" if you win bad players. Same vice versa.

Look Wikipedia for Glicko Rating. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Oh, and if you really ment ranking. Player with best Rating is Ranked #1 and so on.