PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Theory and COnviction Dev Team

Isanator
02-18-2010, 09:21 PM
I had a question, did the people who made Chaos Theory (the Dev team as in people) also make Conviction?

If not, then they really should of had the old dev team, I mean, I don't have that big of a problem with the new way Splinter Cell went, but I honestly think if they had the Dev team who did Chaos Theory do Convictions, it would be much better. It would take keen and stealth, and they could still have the great storyline and twists, but more realistic, you know? Your Sam Fisher, a real person, not a Hollywood predator who can do everything.

Andrewoid
02-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Isanator:
I had a question, did the people who made Chaos Theory (the Dev team as in people) also make Conviction?

If not, then they really should of had the old dev team, I mean, I don't have that big of a problem with the new way Splinter Cell went, but I honestly think if they had the Dev team who did Chaos Theory do Convictions, it would be much better. It would take keen and stealth, and they could still have the great storyline and twists, but more realistic, you know? Your Sam Fisher, a real person, not a Hollywood predator who can do everything.
I might be wrong on this. But the development team who made Rainbow Six: Vegas, were involved when Conviction was changing from the 07 version.

stavros_27
02-18-2010, 10:53 PM
The CT team(Montreal) was making the original Conviction with Sam looking nothing like a guy who lived in the gutter and randomly smashed laptops to create distractions in the streets.

Once Ubi saw a big public backlash they went into hiding and change COnviction to what we have today. It was still developed in Montreal but it looks like the people creative leaders/producers of the new Conviction came from the Rainbow Six series.

oO_ShadowFox_Oo
02-18-2010, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by stavros_27:
The CT team(Montreal) was making the original Conviction with Sam looking nothing like a guy who lived in the gutter and randomly smashed laptops to create distractions in the streets.

Once Ubi saw a big public backlash they went into hiding and change COnviction to what we have today. It was still developed in Montreal but it looks like the people creative leaders/producers of the new Conviction came from the Rainbow Six series.

There are a few teams at Montreal and there was a big shift in leads from old Conviction, who was mostly made up of the CT team, to the current team we have now, which is mostly comprised of the senior devs from Rainbow Six: Vegas.

There are some leads on the team that were involved in CT (I believe) but it is mostly comprised of the Vegas team.

Joshua Morrison
02-18-2010, 11:26 PM
And I don't like Vegas.... it's sad when you have the 360 to work with and the Rainbow Six for N64 is way better...hahahaha http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Jazz117Volkov
02-19-2010, 01:51 AM
I enjoy Vegas as an action game, but as far as R6 games go none have been able to touch Raven Shield and its expansions IMO.
I still play them a lot.

HorTyS
02-19-2010, 01:58 AM
one of the higher up guys who was creative director on Chaos Theory (Clint Hocking) was the creative director for Far Cry 2, & i don't know what he's working on now (FarCry 3 maybe?) but all i know is one guy who was always involved in Montreal's Splinter Cell outings, Mathieu Ferland was one of the senior guys on the older version of conviction & it seems he is no longer attached to the project... Maxime Beland (conviction's Creative director) & Alex Parizeau (senior producer)or whatever it is are both guys from the RB6 vegas teams though...

Aj6627
02-19-2010, 02:08 AM
Unfortunately the senior Vegas devs wanted to ruin another series, so they went to SC.http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

HorTyS
02-19-2010, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Aj6627:
Unfortunately the senior Vegas devs wanted to ruin another series, so they went to SC.http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

well whether or not they 'ruined' splinter cell is a matter of opinion. personally i was never really into the RB6 games, so i didn't really care about them changing up the game, but i AM a big fan of splinter cell, however i don't feel that this admittedly drastic change to the game is 'ruining' it. clearly significantly different, but IMO, not in a bad way...

Aveelo
02-19-2010, 02:34 AM

ruin LOL http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif You Jk Man ?

Aj6627
02-19-2010, 03:45 AM
No I'm not joking. They took Rainbow Six so far away from its roots that they started to add CoD features into Vegas 2.(eg. the grenade indicator)

Also, before that Rainbow Six had never had boss battles. In Vegas 2 the final level had a boss battle.(the helicopter)

They are also taking the SC series so far from its roots that I wouldn't even call it Splinter Cell with Conviction.

Andrewoid
02-19-2010, 04:21 AM
No I'm not joking. They took Rainbow Six so far away from its roots that they started to add CoD features into Vegas 2.(eg. the grenade indicator)

Also, before that Rainbow Six had never had boss battles. In Vegas 2 the final level had a boss battle.(the helicopter)

They are also taking the SC series so far from its roots that I wouldn't even call it Splinter Cell with Conviction.
Dude, the grenade indicator may have been in COD, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be put it any other games when in fact, it's useful.

Aj6627
02-19-2010, 04:37 AM
It makes the game too easy. You should have to pay attention for grenades and not have their location automatically given to you.

Andrewoid
02-19-2010, 04:39 AM
It makes the game too easy. You should have to pay attention for grenades and not have their location automatically given to you.
Well it does decrease the challenge, so I partially agree. Hopefully the harder the difficulty, the less indications of anything.

nightFOXninja
02-19-2010, 04:48 AM
Regenerating health is also a useful gameplay mechanic, that doesn't mean it has any place in a supposed squad based, tactical shooter.

qJohnnyp
02-19-2010, 06:27 AM
I share this opinion. They may be good action game developers, but a new IP should have been for them to toy with, not old franchises.

peyton18allday
02-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Aj, no one (including you), have played conviction yet. so you don't know if they ruined it or not. (honestly IMHO, i love the way it looks). it's deff. not the same SC we know and love, but i think it's an awesome change. wait for April 13th. and then decide for yourself, don't make the "they ruined the game" comment already, before you've played it, because it's just not valid. sry. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DeafAtheist
02-19-2010, 11:11 AM
While I'm a lightsider and I like much of how the new game looks I DO have issues with it...

-I don't like the regenerating health. Strategically placed med kits is better for Splinter Cell. It might work for a game like Red Faction: Guerrilla, but not Splinter Cell.

-While I don't think it's been confirmed by the devs there's speculation of unlimited ammo clips for the handgun and if this is true that sucks too. Strategically placed ammo pick ups is better. Unlimited ammo is even worse when we now have a game where enemy weapons can be picked up and used.

-Elimination of old school stealth moves like body moving, whistling, throwing objects, split jump...etc. While I like the ability to utilize more action in Conviction that doesn't mean the old school stealth should be eliminated. Having both in the game would appeal to a wider audience and give the single player campaign more replay value.

Despite my dislike of these things I DO like how the game looks and I'm hoping that despite the regenerating health and the assumed unlimited ammo the game has been developed well enough around those things to make it sufficiently challenging enough to make up for them.