PDA

View Full Version : What SWSB needs to tackle Stoked.

blackflare567
10-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Im wondering what SWBS can do or has that can tackle Stoked?Any clues or suggestions?

blackflare567
10-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Im wondering what SWBS can do or has that can tackle Stoked?Any clues or suggestions?

P-DRIZZL3
10-05-2008, 08:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blackflare567:
Im wondering what SWBS can do or has that can tackle Stoked?Any clues or suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>hot women.

Frozen_Nature1
10-05-2008, 11:19 PM
avalanches and park riding though the park riding is a disappointment.

Rebel4Liberty
10-06-2008, 12:28 AM
Well despite what some think about Stoked its going to be HARD to tackle, earning sponsors and climbing the ranks to better bigger sponsors to compete in ONLINE competitions against other players. Just this reason alone is why I am psyched for Stoked. I've waited a long time to see this kind of feature actually be implemented in a snowboarding game, regardless of its moon like gravity or speed of physics. This is indeed a first time concept. Would be nice to see SWS have some kind of online comps too, not just face off challenges. Possible patch feature later maybe for SWS? I can only hope IF Stoked does well with this type of feature

blackflare567
10-06-2008, 03:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by P-DRIZZL3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blackflare567:
Im wondering what SWBS can do or has that can tackle Stoked?Any clues or suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>hot women. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ya Man!!!Hot snowboarding chicks and SWSB is golden!

r1dePrkCty
10-06-2008, 03:38 PM
All it needs is realism in the style of the rider. Ubi claims that it's shauns style but it's clearly not. Everything looks forced, not smooth like it should be. Stoked looks more natural which for me gives it a big advantage.

P-DRIZZL3
10-06-2008, 06:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r1dePrkCty:
All it needs is realism in the style of the rider. Ubi claims that it's shauns style but it's clearly not. Everything looks forced, not smooth like it should be. Stoked looks more natural which for me gives it a big advantage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>it sure is lovely that Stoked doesn't have any advertising what-so-ever, that website has had the same stuff up for like 2 months now. Its a shame they don't have forums so we would have a few less people that are dead-set on bashing SWSB and upsizing everything they see in Stoked. Seriously. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Frozen_Nature1
10-06-2008, 07:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by P-DRIZZL3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r1dePrkCty:
All it needs is realism in the style of the rider. Ubi claims that it's shauns style but it's clearly not. Everything looks forced, not smooth like it should be. Stoked looks more natural which for me gives it a big advantage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>it sure is lovely that Stoked doesn't have any advertising what-so-ever, that website has had the same stuff up for like 2 months now. Its a shame they don't have forums so we would have a few less people that are dead-set on bashing SWSB and upsizing everything they see in Stoked. Seriously. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

do you know what a fan boy is?

P-DRIZZL3
10-06-2008, 07:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frozen_Nature1:
All it needs is realism in the style of the rider. Ubi claims that it's shauns style but it's clearly not. Everything looks forced, not smooth like it should be. Stoked looks more natural which for me gives it a big advantage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>it sure is lovely that Stoked doesn't have any advertising what-so-ever, that website has had the same stuff up for like 2 months now. Its a shame they don't have forums so we would have a few less people that are dead-set on bashing SWSB and upsizing everything they see in Stoked. Seriously. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

do you know what a fan boy is? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>a person who is obsessed over 1, and only 1 subject or a perspective. Such as: Bashing SWSB ever since they saw advertisements for Stoked.

and honestly, both games look kick ***, but to go around romping on 1 because their post got deleted, just pure and utter pointlessness.

dBunnyz
10-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Ok Well im not here to bash Stoked or anything but for a game that says their all about realism it sure seems that their physics is kinda off... floating down a mountain is far from what happens when u hit a huge jump.... ppl can say that its to help ppl to fines their tricks and such but then ... how can they start to pull a 180 when their already on a downward fall iono if theres a sudden gust of win which gives them the desired rotations? but then talking about the rotations ive seen in their videos that even tho their already in one motion towards a back rotation they can magically stop midway thru a rotation start going back the other way..... Im not here to bash im open to both games im just saying stoked has alot of little things that make their game seem lesser then SWS but alot of ppl just overlook them seeing as SWS HAS more vids out of their gameplay atleast unlike stoked.... wonder why?

P-DRIZZL3
10-06-2008, 08:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frozen_Nature1:

do you know what a fan boy is? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>a person who is obsessed over 1, and only 1 subject or a perspective. Such as: Bashing SWSB ever since they saw advertisements for Stoked.

and honestly, both games look kick ***, but to go around romping on 1 because their post got deleted, just pure and utter pointlessness. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>ANDDDDD PLEASE Don't get me wrong, not only do both games have their pros and cons, for example, I am loving the idea of changing powder conditions in Stoked and Loving the style of SWSB, and I am, obviously, a junkie for disagreeing with people http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Rebel4Liberty
10-06-2008, 09:44 PM
OK ppl

First this is OFF TOPIC but I've been on nightmare meds so probably has made me moody why I made that horrendous post

NOW to clear the air so to speak. I'm not here to bash SWS and be a fan boy for Stoked. IF I was a fan boy I would BASH SWS regardless and NOT buy the game and say it sucked even if it was the greatest since Amped 2 when it comes out. I already have my pre-order in before I even registered for this forum.

Again what your seeing in those videos is a work-in-progress and means they have much more to do to it still, so atm it is premature to judge til its much closer to release day. I said if it still looks the same later on, well its NOT going to be that good after all and will be flawed. In all fairness SWS has a much further head start so we have to WAIT to really say its been HYPE for Stoked.

All the post I've read and many ppl saying PLEASE make a snowboarding game like SKATE, well they confirmed in one of those videos those are the controls (flick it) regardless lack of physics/animations. NOTHING can be perfect in the end, every game I've ever played has flaws. So while the physics/animations movements are flawed atm, your getting the controls everyone has been wishing for. I've never ever implied SWS is going to suck and Stoked is gonna be the best, but THEY are trying to give what players have been asking for across the board and give them their dues for trying to give us a rack of sponsors, pros and in depth online features.

I'm sorry if my post have come across as a fan boy but I thought a fan boy was for ONE game/system and bash the rest. I mean we are only getting 2 titles after 3 years from Amped 3 and not like they going to crank them out like FPS titles so let take what we can get and not complain cause there aren't gonna be anymore til 2k decides to let the cat out of the bag for Amped 4, and who knows how long that will be

Frozen_Nature1
10-06-2008, 10:04 PM

and honestly, both games look kick ***, but to go around romping on 1 because their post got deleted, just pure and utter pointlessness. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i was referring to you but w/e

dBunnyz
10-07-2008, 07:31 AM
=X last time i checked im pretty sure SWS is gonna have the flick it controls as well... i could be wrong

Rebel4Liberty
10-07-2008, 09:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dBunnyz:
=X last time i checked im pretty sure SWS is gonna have the flick it controls as well... i could be wrong </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope not "flick it". It will use the analog sticks but differently. I will say I like how will 1 will control direction and the other for tricks, but not so sure about using the trigger for jumping. I do hope there is an option to change it up. Here a quote I took off gamespy....

Most of the game is played using the analog sticks; your left analog will control direction while the right analog is used for tricks. In order to get in the position to pull off tricks you'll need to jump using the right trigger

dBunnyz
10-07-2008, 05:25 PM
i think i heard something about the left analog stick controling the upper body aka your hands and torso and the bottom half of your dude is controled by the right analog so like for rotations and tweaks etc... i could be wrong

but i also ment a system comparable to flick it seeing as skateboarding and snowboarding are completely different cause u cant flip ur snowboarding &gt;.&lt;.... unless ur playing SSX but then ur just in the wrong forums

Rebel4Liberty
10-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Hey Dbunnyz, you a have a PM