PDA

View Full Version : guards or terrest wakeing up after being unconsis for a while?

spaml
01-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Does anyone think that a guard or terrests' chod wake up after being uncosis for a while? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gifsam fisher<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

spaml
01-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Does anyone think that a guard or terrests' chod wake up after being uncosis for a while? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gifsam fisher<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

Desert Hawk
01-01-2005, 02:17 PM
Not really since You can knock people out for 30 minutes upto a couple of hours. More than enough time to complete a mission.

NSA Agent
01-01-2005, 02:36 PM
They should wake up depending on what enviromental changes happen. Example: If a Guard is knocked out, and it begins to rain, lightning and thunder starts to strike, then they should wake up. That would rock, that's just me though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I heard that the enemy A.I now remember past events when they wake up, this either means we have a time limit to how long they remained knocked out, or if an NPC discovers the body. Most likely the second statement.

Hatchetforce
01-01-2005, 04:38 PM
If you utilize a sticky shocker in PT, other guards can wake them up with only a slight shake. I agree with NSA. Environmental effects should affect the length of unconciousness as well as the means utilized in the first place. Also, when those guards awake, security should go through the roof and they should execute a very thorough search.

splinterfetus
01-01-2005, 05:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hatchetforce:
If you utilize a sticky shocker in PT, other guards can wake them up with only a slight shake. I agree with NSA. Environmental effects should affect the length of unconciousness as well as the means utilized in the forst place. Also, when those guards awake, security should go through the roof and they should execute a very thorough search. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sticky shockers can kill in CT if you hit someone standing in water or if it's raining out. The electrical current from the sticky shocker apparently kills them. The AI is also supposed to keep searching for you (if they're suspicious of an intruder) until either you or the guard is dead/incapacitated. As for environmental effects, I think it would add some cool realism. Might make you think twice before you hide a body outside.

chaos_theory16
01-01-2005, 10:21 PM
In the Splinter Cell book, Sam had knocked a guard or driver unconcious. After about 10 minutes, the guard or driver was back on his feet. Near the end of the book, that caused a big problem when he became concious again after Fisher knocked him out.

PhilosopherCop
01-02-2005, 05:22 AM
Could be intresting with the enviroment playing a part

Knot3D
01-02-2005, 05:36 AM
I like it the way MGS2 has it : You'd shoot a guard with a tranquilizer dart and he'd fall asleep with a set amount of time per dart.

Of course, SC:CT doesn't use tranq darts : Sam knocks 'em out or sticky shocks them.
Depending on the scale of the CT level you're in imo guards in that area, should awake quicker or slower :

* small area - guard awakes after 2 to 5 minutes
* medium area - guard awakes after 5 to 10 minutes
* big area - guard awakes after 15 to 25 minutes

all minutes in realtime gameplay.

Of course, on top of this 'system', external factors could influence the amount of time guards stay unconscious as well. As hinted : weather, but I would also like other guards randomnly discovering the unconscious guards.

I like stuff like this better than gamedesign where a mission has a time limit.

DraSTIk88
01-02-2005, 05:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NSA Agent:
They should wake up depending on what enviromental changes happen. Example: If a Guard is knocked out, and it begins to rain, lightning and thunder starts to strike, then they should wake up. That would rock, that's just me though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I heard that the enemy A.I now remember past events when they wake up, this either means we have a time limit to how long they remained knocked out, or if an NPC discovers the body. Most likely the second statement. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There not sleeping so why should it be like that?

Knot3D
01-02-2005, 05:52 AM
In the gameworld :

sleeping = unconscious and vice versa

either way the guard will not be aware of Sam, unless he still remembers he was knocked out by Sam.

If Sam had snuck upon the guard from behind and then knocked him out ; the guard might not remember by who or what he was knocked out in the first place.

zephyrus17
01-02-2005, 06:55 AM
But, well, a guard being shot with a Sticky means the electric current will be circulation continuously? If so, wouldn't that mean that any other guard that rouses him/her would also get an electric current? (Especially in the rain.)

The_Hazard
01-02-2005, 07:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zephyrus17:
But, well, a guard being shot with a Sticky means the electric current will be circulation continuously? If so, wouldn't that mean that any other guard that rouses him/her would also get an electric current? (Especially in the rain.) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe some static electricity.
Sticky shocker just delivers the victim a electric charge just high enough to make them lose conscience. When that's done, it's just empty. There may be some static residue, but not a strong, flowing electric current.

Hatchetforce
01-02-2005, 07:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by splinterfetus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hatchetforce:
If you utilize a sticky shocker in PT, other guards can wake them up with only a slight shake. I agree with NSA. Environmental effects should affect the length of unconciousness as well as the means utilized in the forst place. Also, when those guards awake, security should go through the roof and they should execute a very thorough search. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sticky shockers can kill in CT if you hit someone standing in water or if it's raining out. The electrical current from the sticky shocker apparently kills them. The AI is also supposed to keep searching for you (if they're suspicious of an intruder) until either you or the guard is dead/incapacitated. As for environmental effects, I think it would add some cool realism. Might make you think twice before you hide a body outside. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly my point. Here is a case of a sticky shocker possessing varying levels of effect depending upon how they are employed. Similar consideration should be given concerning what will wake an individual up.

cellfan88
01-02-2005, 08:30 PM
I agree with NSA, it would be realistic if the guards woke up from environmental actions.
But I also think that guards should eventually wake up afterwards, so that you cant just run way back to a place to feel safe.
I think that what the difficulty setting is set as, it should pend on how long the guards take to wake up.

spaml
01-02-2005, 10:23 PM
In the book it said that A guard would have a bad headache after he woke up and wouldn't remember Sam. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

zephyrus17
01-03-2005, 11:58 PM
If, you said is true, that would be a massively strong static current. unless you shoot at the enemy's skin, the Sticky Shocker landing on any Kevlar or cloth would have greatly reduced effectiveness.

cooldude6681
01-04-2005, 11:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zephyrus17:
If, you said is true, that would be a massively strong static current. unless you shoot at the enemy's skin, the Sticky Shocker landing on any Kevlar or cloth would have greatly reduced effectiveness. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Methinks it would be a little too complex for the devs to make the game recognize the difference between clothing and skin. Just a little.

NSA Agent
01-04-2005, 01:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>In the book it said that A guard would have a bad headache after he woke up and wouldn't remember Sam <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hm, can't see why. Unless Sam gave the soldiers amnesia with an elbow to the back of the head, a palm strike or whatever, which is very unlikely I can't see why. If you woke up in the rain with a dull headache you'd obviously be thinking how did I end up out here anyway? And I don't think you'd forget an experience such as coming across a Field Agent in the shadows.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> But I also think that guards should eventually wake up afterwards, so that you cant just run way back to a place to feel safe. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with that. Seen as SC is also designed to put a player under tension, I think that would work well because you'd be under tension constantly thinking back and hoping to god that NPC doesn't wake up in whatever time limit. But I think the new and more advanced A.I can put you under enough tension anyway, or atleast I hope. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

N-Explosion
01-04-2005, 01:28 PM
Also, when those guards awake, security should go through the roof and they should execute a very thorough search. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep...
That's about all I'm still missing...

KiggD
01-04-2005, 03:23 PM
A) If you knock a person from behind in the head, he will be down for a while. It is true. If you are just standing day dreaming then all of a sudden a whack on the back of the head? You are out COLD. I mean Sam is a strong guy and knows Martial Arts as a CIA agent.

B) BUT, I do agree with you all that they guards should wake up if rain comes.

C) If they DO have it so they wake up on their own, they should be out for three to four times as long if you hit them again. Two blows to the head hurts.

I also agree with the guards only remembering that they were attacked if they were in "combat" with fisher when fisher knocked them down. But if they are just elbowed in the head, they should probably wake up going like "Wow, what happened. Ah my head hurts I must of drinkin too much or dozed off" Else if they saw Sam before he hit them they should call their radio "I was attacked, i just woke up." Blah blah blah.

Danny

UBI will not agree to this IMO, because then players would just kill the person. And if you haven't noticed, the game is trying to make you spare the guys' lives.

black ops freak
01-04-2005, 03:29 PM
The last post is what I mostly agree with, though I can imagine that if I were suddenly knocked out by a huge guy in all black gear in a second, I might just fake being knocked out so I don't experience the attack again... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

N-Explosion
01-04-2005, 04:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by black ops freak:
The last post is what I mostly agree with, though I can imagine that if I were suddenly knocked out by a huge guy in all black gear in a second, I might just fake being knocked out so I don't experience the attack again... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO! Good one!

zephyrus17
01-04-2005, 09:26 PM
In the Splinter Cell book by David Machaels, he describes Sam Fisher as a Krav Maga master. Would this Krav Maga help in the knocking out of enemies?