PDA

View Full Version : autobattle - is it any good?

cactoblasta
04-16-2006, 04:39 AM
I've started playing the first battle of the campaign and because I don't have much clue of what units to use against what I've been letting the computer do the fighting.

I did try doing the combat myself for one battle but I lost half the army to some mages, so this part of the game doesn't seem to be for me.

Has anyone been able to beat a map by using autobattle, or is this one of those games where the auto button is a perplexing waste of space and programming resources?

cactoblasta
04-16-2006, 04:39 AM
I've started playing the first battle of the campaign and because I don't have much clue of what units to use against what I've been letting the computer do the fighting.

I did try doing the combat myself for one battle but I lost half the army to some mages, so this part of the game doesn't seem to be for me.

Has anyone been able to beat a map by using autobattle, or is this one of those games where the auto button is a perplexing waste of space and programming resources?

w0mbat84
04-16-2006, 10:48 AM
autobattle works nice in really easy battles...else you seem to get a lot higher losses then if you play them yourself.

If your getting terrible results in battle, dont give up, try some different strats, learn the different creature abilities and so on, and quite soon you will do alright...perfection cannot be reached without practice!

btw, if you get the option to pursue or leave enemies you seem to get experience anyways, quite nice as it speeds up the gameplay a lot. Though i dont know if you get full xp, guess i could check that out :P