PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer games on LAN and Online

blackrhino2010
09-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Hi, New to this and I was wondering if someone can help. I am having problems playing Multiplayer games thru LAN and Online hosted by one of my PS3s. I have two PS3 at home both connected to a Linksys WRT600N Router thru a wired connection that uses the houses electrical wired to make the connection (Radio Shack). The Router has issued each PS3 it owns IP address and it connects perfectly to router and internet. I am able to play multiplayer games thru the PS3 Online network as long as the game is hosted by someone else (not from either of my two PS3s). If I try to connect to a game hosted by one of my machines, it finds the game but does not let me log in. If I try to play thru the LAN to a game hosted by one of my two PS3 it ca not find the game. I appreciate your help.

Thanks, Pete

blackrhino2010
09-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Hi, New to this and I was wondering if someone can help. I am having problems playing Multiplayer games thru LAN and Online hosted by one of my PS3s. I have two PS3 at home both connected to a Linksys WRT600N Router thru a wired connection that uses the houses electrical wired to make the connection (Radio Shack). The Router has issued each PS3 it owns IP address and it connects perfectly to router and internet. I am able to play multiplayer games thru the PS3 Online network as long as the game is hosted by someone else (not from either of my two PS3s). If I try to connect to a game hosted by one of my machines, it finds the game but does not let me log in. If I try to play thru the LAN to a game hosted by one of my two PS3 it ca not find the game. I appreciate your help.

Thanks, Pete

EDSTEROK
09-13-2010, 06:29 AM
Have you tried hooking one of the PS3 with the wireless connection on your router?

Dirtymurph
09-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Get a static IP address for one of the PS3s(ex.192.168.1.80).Then put that PS3 in the DMZ on the router settings page.Also when you get to UPnP on the PS3 setup select disable on this PS3.Host with the PS3 that you put in the DMZ.See if that helps.