PDA

View Full Version : urban books

rajsoloman
04-22-2006, 07:02 PM
does anyone know of any urban(gangsta) themed books? im havin trouble findin some. if aanyone could help that'd be great

rajsoloman
04-22-2006, 07:02 PM
does anyone know of any urban(gangsta) themed books? im havin trouble findin some. if aanyone could help that'd be great

dragon_x_2
04-22-2006, 08:37 PM
To help Raj the wigwig:

Well, there is a GREAT book called The Outsiders. It is a gang book (but not like nowadays, with blingy bling and the chingy ching) about a social group called Greasers, who are insulted because of their economic standing and greasy hair. This only bonds them together stronger, and they form a so called gang. When one night, after the main characters get attacked by some socs, one greaser unintentionally kills a soc, and in fear, they ask the help of one of their gang members and escape to a broken down church.

It is a story about brotherly love, deciet, hate and many plot twists.

It takes place in the 50s so urban life isnt as it is today, but it is singlehandedly the greatest book on planet earth. Get it. Definately.

Amerie
04-23-2006, 11:54 AM
Oh yeah i remember reading that book like years ago. I dident like the names "greasers" and "soc" but the book was good.

waylander786
04-23-2006, 05:27 PM
Don't know if they have a book version of it but the 1979 (don't quote me on that date) film called 'The Warriors' would make an excellent read. I'm not sure if they based the film on a book or not though...

dragon_x_2
04-23-2006, 08:32 PM
THEBOOKWASAWESOM http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

mridha3
04-23-2006, 08:52 PM
Ya i read that book in school, me and krummy had to read it for class. I recomend a book thats lough ur pants off funny

The Aligator in the sewers and other folk tails, its sooo funny. Just ask akrum