PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell + Starforce ??



Tlrfreak
10-30-2005, 03:01 AM
Hey guys and gals, just got a question regarding starforce. I have 2 friends that have had alot of problems with there puters after installing and playing sh3 supposedly because of the starforce anti piracy thing.

I just bought 2 leadtek 7800GT extreams and splinter cell came packadged with them. Has anyone had any bad expiriences with this game and starforce? Am i better off just not installing the game at all and selling the 2 copies on ebay or something? I really cant risk the damage some ppl claim starforce does to computers and am wondering if anyone has had any problems with this game.

Cheers

Tlrfreak
10-30-2005, 03:01 AM
Hey guys and gals, just got a question regarding starforce. I have 2 friends that have had alot of problems with there puters after installing and playing sh3 supposedly because of the starforce anti piracy thing.

I just bought 2 leadtek 7800GT extreams and splinter cell came packadged with them. Has anyone had any bad expiriences with this game and starforce? Am i better off just not installing the game at all and selling the 2 copies on ebay or something? I really cant risk the damage some ppl claim starforce does to computers and am wondering if anyone has had any problems with this game.

Cheers

Bionic-Blob
10-30-2005, 03:04 AM
sh3?

anyway, i have heard of no damage that can be caused by starforce, merely that some people's dvd drives are not compatible with the software.

Toshi_
10-30-2005, 03:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tlrfreak:
I just bought 2 leadtek 7800GT extreams </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sonofa...!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif How much did it cost?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Anyway - no problems with Starforce. Only the disc verification pisses me off a bit... It takes a bit too much time :P

Tlrfreak
10-30-2005, 06:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toshi_:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tlrfreak:
I just bought 2 leadtek 7800GT extreams </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sonofa...!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif How much did it cost?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Anyway - no problems with Starforce. Only the disc verification pisses me off a bit... It takes a bit too much time :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool, i think to make sure, ill give one of the copies to a mate and see how it works out for him, just in case lol

The 7800s cost me AU$585 each btw. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Chimera87
10-30-2005, 06:35 AM
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">my Asus 7800GT cost only 430 Euros http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif ow wait dunno how much that is in dollars, is it the same? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif</span>

Bionic-Blob
10-30-2005, 06:45 AM
almost the same, but the exchange rates are ever changing.

Toshi_
10-30-2005, 06:47 AM
OMFG !!!! My whole PC costs less than ONE of those "shi.tty" cards http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
Me wants one !!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

BTW - Myabe Starforce is a troublemaker for legal users, but at least it creates much more difficulties for pirates http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
My friend wanted to play Trackmania Sunrise (he downloaded it from somewhere)...
He had to upgrade his Windows (also illegal copy ;P) to SP2, download some soft, burn the game on a disc, install the game, crack the game... and it still didn't work http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
It turned out that he upgraded Windows with a crappy SP2 installer and he had to reinstall Windows all over again...

Chimera87
10-30-2005, 06:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toshi_:
OMFG !!!! My whole PC costs less than ONE of those "shi.tty" cards http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
Me wants one !!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

BTW - Myabe Starforce is a troublemaker for legal users, but at least it creates much more difficulties for pirates http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
My friend wanted to play Trackmania Sunrise (he downloaded it from somewhere)...
He had to upgrade his Windows (also illegal copy ;P) to SP2, download some soft, burn the game on a disc, install the game, crack the game... and it still didn't work http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
It turned out that he upgraded Windows with a crappy SP2 installer and he had to reinstall Windows all over again... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> <span class="ev_code_WHITE">hmmm so u got a comp @ the price of my CPU only http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif</span>http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

Toshi_
10-30-2005, 09:11 AM
Well...

P4 1,8 GHz (why does it make a gap over here? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif )
uuugghhh... forgot the mainboard data http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif
512 DDR (and now TWO gaps... what's wrong with th EDIT function?)
Gigabyte Radeon 9550 (395/250) 128 MB (not done with overclocking yet http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif )
Seagate Barracuda (7200) 60 GB
other stuff like: one mouse, one keyboard http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif two drives (DVD and CD) etc...

I'll let you value it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Tlrfreak
10-30-2005, 01:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chimera87:
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">my Asus 7800GT cost only 430 Euros http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif ow wait dunno how much that is in dollars, is it the same? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually 430euros is about AU$690 hehe u can get 7800GTX for less then that here atm. AU$585 is about 364euros. The Gigabyte 7800GTs here are AU$575 (357euros) but i have heard alot of good things about the leadtek extreams so there the ones i went with.

As for the poster a few lines up with the friend with illegal windows and illegal sp2 patch and illegal game that then crashed on him....LOL no offence but thats just asking for trouble. Copy protections on games dont bother me, even if they lower the porformance of said game, i have 2 dvdrws so leaving a game cd in one all the time to be able to play doesnt bother me either, but the few reports ive heard about this starforce thing apparently messing with ppls computers is a bit unnerving.

Cheers for the responces guys