PDA

View Full Version : GRAW2 DOUBLE INSTALL..????

catwilduk
08-11-2007, 07:09 AM
hi there all
just had a thought is it possible to run 2 games of graw2 on a dedi servere box..??

if so how do you set it up ..???

as i would like to give this a try...!!!!

there must be people wondering if this is possible...

please post reply`s
so othere`s can read..

catwilduk
08-11-2007, 07:09 AM
hi there all
just had a thought is it possible to run 2 games of graw2 on a dedi servere box..??

if so how do you set it up ..???

as i would like to give this a try...!!!!

there must be people wondering if this is possible...

please post reply`s
so othere`s can read..

buttercupp
08-11-2007, 02:45 PM
At the moment, it is not possible. There's no way to change the server port number.

Maybe if you had two NIC with two different WAN IP's, that could work. I bet you'd have to have a strong CPU on the server box, though.

FI_FlimFlam
08-11-2007, 03:02 PM
I have just done some preliminary testing with Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 on a dual core box with 2 NIC's. Things look somewhat promising as that I was able to run 2 servers and have someone join and play in each. It might be a moot point if GRIN enables defining UDP ports or IP addresses for the server in the patch due out Monday.

Here's the details:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=45930

Like I said, this is PRELIMINARY. I haven't had the opportunity to test it with multiple people attemtping to join it or in a remote dedicated server environment.

This would probably also work with VMWare particularly with it being able to bridge off the Host OS's NIC so 2 network cards might not be necessary. But I haven't tried to check that.

One big downside to this method, is that you would need to own 2 legitimate Microsoft OS's. XP might be sufficient as the guest OS if you are just going to be running the dedicated server. Also I don't think this is also going to be possible if you want to run everything on your server as a service and not have a console session logged in at all times. With VMware it might be however.

buttercupp
08-11-2007, 03:41 PM
That's a great contribution, FlimFlam! Read about it earlier today on gr.net

Anxious to see what awaits Monday...hoping for a less labor intensive fix. I'm all out of energy after building my new PC and playing graw2 this week. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sleepzzz.gif