PDA

View Full Version : the game need a pach and quickly

Bethrezen1984
05-17-2006, 01:52 AM
hi ppl i love homam5 and i was in heaven when i get it. the game is super but very unbalanced
this game need a patch especialy necros but not just them :}
i want to ask when will be this patch avalible
sorry about bad english

Bethrezen1984
05-17-2006, 01:52 AM
hi ppl i love homam5 and i was in heaven when i get it. the game is super but very unbalanced
this game need a patch especialy necros but not just them :}
i want to ask when will be this patch avalible
sorry about bad english

elfen_lied
05-17-2006, 02:37 AM
I played necro on a xl map, they are very strong.

With No rest for The Wicked,vampires,necromancy and Raise dead you'll never lose troops if you play that well. You'll fetch a lot of mines and ressources quckly.

As for a patch my gripes with the game:

Bugs

1)as said in the AI topic, some problems with sprites vs undeads

2) missing artifacts descriptions, and they not always go to appropriate slots (the moonblade, a sword goes in the "special item" slot, not in the weapon one :/)

3) AI sending poor heroes walking near my leet hero=free xp

4) once elemental chains comes into play,there is some bugs in the atb bar.Creatures numbers are sometime messed. For an example 26 zombies displayed in the atb while there 2 left on the battleground

5) battle music stops when using wraith's death touch,then it starts again.

balance wishes (mostly dungeon):

-more power to destruction spells, damages are often weaker that regular hero damage

-more power to elemental chains too, they're not very interesting now that they've been dumbed down(no chains anymore, jut hit your opponent with opposite element for 10% more damage, and strange rules about element change). doesn't compares to necromancy or gating.

-irresistible magic works on my own units, I killed MY black dragons with armageddon

-crystal cost for dungeon is outsanding

-instant travel range is laughable

-on a global side, neither the manual nor the game clearly explains racial abilities (you have to guess for elemental chaining, maybe there is some subtilities to make it better, but you have no idea how).

p4eev
05-17-2006, 02:47 AM
elfen_lied
is there Hall of Fame?
and Spectral Dragons have incorporal ability?
and with black dragons it really sucks...

elfen_lied
05-17-2006, 02:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by p4eev:
elfen_lied
is there Hall of Fame?
and Spectral Dragons have incorporal ability?
and with black dragons it really sucks... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no hall of fame, upon finishing a scenario a popup says you've won and you're taken back to the menu. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
wouldn't be too hard to implement in a patch I hope.

And spectral dragons don't have incorporeal (nor wraiths).

p4eev
05-17-2006, 03:01 AM
thanks for info, elfen_lied.
so, spectral dragons are 7's level meat.
i hope they will make hall of fame in patch, however not introducing it in retail is very strange.

Romanov77
05-17-2006, 04:03 AM
On large maps the game tends to be UNPLAYABLE and choppy...

pavel44
05-17-2006, 04:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 4) once elemental chains comes into play,there is some bugs in the atb bar.Creatures numbers are sometime messed. For an example 26 zombies displayed in the atb while there 2 left on the battleground </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the demo that happened with any attack.

ShadowProject
05-17-2006, 05:02 AM
something that bothers me a bit is that you see how many units that dies of an attack in the atb bar even before the attack has been done.

KingImp
05-17-2006, 09:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elfen_lied:
no hall of fame, upon finishing a scenario a popup says you've won and you're taken back to the menu. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have got to be kidding me! Something as simple and as basic, but very much needed and they didn't bother to put it in? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

dhrddm
05-17-2006, 09:24 AM
I heard it from a friend and now, after 2 hours of play, it happened to me too... http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/dhrddm/untitled2.jpg

Plemenit
05-17-2006, 09:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elfen_lied:
I played necro on a xl map, they are very strong.

With No rest for The Wicked,vampires,necromancy and Raise dead you'll never lose troops if you play that well. You'll fetch a lot of mines and ressources quckly.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But you're playing against AI. It doesn't matter if you're Necro or not, if you're a good player you're going to win anyway against AI. You cannot base your judgments on that.

Jev0n
05-17-2006, 09:29 AM
Excellent posts here, I've experienced all of this stuff and agree with everyone. One thing I would like to add is to maybe look into the computer and how they handle the Phantom Force when that spell is cast.. makes fighting the AI even more predictable.

The missing artifact descriptions are particularily annoying!! So easy to add them, where the hell are they??? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Yeah I dunno wtf happened to the high scores... those were fun and as someone else mentioned in another thread, they're as much a part of Heroes as the horse cursor!

WTB a patch asap... thanks

zhukaSS
05-17-2006, 03:40 PM
I must admit that game seriously is in big need of a patch. I getted game yesterday and I must say there is a lot of bugs or things that needs tweaking.
For tweaking part - druids/mages and others(if any, didnt saw them all yet) spell damage should be fixed, now 2 druids stacked in one stack do like 45% less damage than 1 and 1 druid in different slots http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Light and dark highest level spells which do damage only to opposite factions, should have higher damage.
Now for bugs part, whats sadly mostly comes in multiplayer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif ghost mode possess(?) ability forced me and my friend to see only empty battlefield when he fighted neutral creeps and we had to restart. Ghost can explore unexplored parts of map(most likely that influenced first bug). Sometimes(even without ghost mode) when you are attacking another player hero game will get you in empty battlefield and you will have to restart game. Sometimes multiplayer game crashes due unknown circumates. Sometimes with certain people there is delay in multiplayer games combat(against monsters). As for campaign, getting in some neutral monster populiation in autopath direction for your hero crashes game. AI needs serious improvement(or at least good old go for a kill tactic), as now seeing pixies that are waiting whole combat while my hero shoots at them isnt that fun. Some of the bugs was already mentioned here, just added those who found myself, maybe will find more http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Anyway, thanks for a great game ubi!

thorheim
05-17-2006, 03:56 PM
I dont understand why they made the town UI worse, in beta you could see the stats off all creatures in buying screen, BUT NOW! you have to buy buildings to be able to see unit/unit stats really annoying, if one have doubt about what uppgrade building to get you cant compare http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif bad bad bad...

thorheim
05-17-2006, 04:23 PM
And after playing awhile it seems necromancy is still bugged? Getting 100% of things i kill ressurected...

pharen
05-17-2006, 06:04 PM
The patch should support bigger maps for player maps (Collosal) Very Big..is not as big as Very Big was in heroes 3..the biggest map should take 8-12 hours to complete if made great http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Greets. Rise

rrace
05-17-2006, 07:14 PM
C'mon you guys.. there's a bug in it that makes my system freeze and crash, sometimes even having to hard restart it! It's not that hard to patch it, is it?

OoNebsoO
05-17-2006, 07:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thorheim:
And after playing awhile it seems necromancy is still bugged? Getting 100% of things i kill ressurected... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's hit point based now. So, prolly you killed critters with enough hit points to get as many skeletons as them.

Ryza82
05-17-2006, 11:27 PM
Although necro have weaker creatures, I find that they have the best 2 magic schools at their disposal (dark and summoning). Plus they get an extra dragon a week so that kind of evens things in the level 7 creature department. Pity dragons and wrights do not have incorporal ability though.

p4eev
05-18-2006, 02:37 AM
AI is too weak, skills are kinda unbalanced. single maps are too easy at heroic. and with all these things like Hall of Fame, artifact discriptions etc. tha game looks like unfinished! damn. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
and new maps lost one thing - adventuring (like it was in homm3).
the game should be finished in retail version. so patch should be done asap. atm i dunno why i bought it.

interesting what will be with russian version, because i heard that russian version went gold later than version that is distributed by Ubisoft and in this time still was developed. if i understood right from Nival forums there will be some differences between these 2 versions.

joasoze
05-18-2006, 04:21 AM
I think you are too pesimistic. I have played on two big maps on normal and I find quite a challenge. Yes there are balancing issues, some heroes are stronger than others, the game is a bit choppy, but as a single player experience its quite good for me at least http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

p4eev
05-18-2006, 05:03 AM
joasoze
yeah, i understand that for others it can be difference expirience (easy or hard).

btw, at Nival forums, one person said that Spectral Dragons have incorporal ability in russian retail version (ther is some kind of presentation last days from publisher of HoMM5 in Russia). if this is truth it's quite interesting.

akrav
05-18-2006, 05:07 AM
hmm interesting.

Shredst0r
05-18-2006, 05:29 AM
indeed. the game does need some patching in different matters. especially on the ballance stage.

while playing i experienced the same might vs magic unbalance as in heroes3.
lets say there are 2 heroes fighting eachother.
same level, same creatures, but different orientation: 1st might oriented, 2nd magic oriented.

Not even regarding the different skills or abilities they could have the might hero is by far stronger.
the initiative of some creatures is so high that they get to attack even before the magic hero is able to cast his first spell. even before the second cast the battle could be almost over with no chance for the magic hero to win.
spell casting is pretty strong overall but when it comes to hero vs hero something has to be improved for the magic hero. sorcery should give a much more increased boost to heroes initiative, otherwise the battle is lost before it has begun.

based on my own experience: i played dungeon vs sylvan: sylvan&gt;&gt;dungeon

Jolly-Joker
05-18-2006, 05:54 AM
Err, what's the might and what's the magic hero?
Sylvan: Defense and Knowledge
Dungeon: Attack and Power

Shredst0r
05-18-2006, 06:02 AM
well ok.
dungeon: magic(13spell/6knowledge/empowered spells/master of lightnings/ chainlighting) (i)

sylvan: might (7attack/12defense)

all my magic abilities were almost useless as i was able to cast 2 spells before the battle was over.

imo hero initiative should be higher for all heroes(maybe initiative=herolvl?) so that the might vs magic becomes even.

Jolly-Joker
05-18-2006, 06:28 AM
How were the other attributes? The Ranger will have had high Knowledge, but low power. The Dungeon hero should have a high attack skill and a low defense. Was the Ranger all in all better?

Shredst0r
05-18-2006, 06:35 AM
sylvan heroe had like 7or8 knowledge and low spellpower. i had both some attack (4) and def(1)we both had some dragons, shadow vs green about equal size but he got to attack first with green so he almost destroyed my shadow. then his shooters came to act and battle was over before i could do anything.

and i cant remeber all skills but i didnt powered up only magic abilities: i also had advanced luck, offence with frenzy and some others besides the magic abilities like spell cost reduced and maste lightnig/master fire

akrav
05-18-2006, 06:44 AM
you were using undead and dungeon troops together = bad morale for dungeon.
- shadow dragons in a 1:1 comparison with any other dragon are inferior in every single way(2-3 times less dmg when green hits 2 units, lower hp...).

also dont get to conclusions based on one battle, imho atm mages rule so much, mass summoning, mass images, mass raising dead...

usually if both sides have nearly equal forces, the battle doesnt finish before your hero gets a 2-4 turns and your hero should have major impact in those turns, also a mage with expert sorcery gets alot of turns.

Shredst0r
05-18-2006, 06:53 AM
well could be that i ll have to play some more games to get a good feeling about ballance, but these were my first impressions.
i lost that battle so overhelming althought army forces were nearly equal that i had to do a post http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jolly-Joker
05-18-2006, 06:54 AM
Err, Shadow Dragons are Dungeon troops.
Anyway, it looks like the Ranger was the better hero; he probably had a very good attack artifact. I count 24 skill points for you and nigh on 30 for the Ranger. Moreover, under normal circumstances your Bloodfuries would be the first unit to go and your Assssins would go before the Rangers's shooters as well. So he may has had an initiative boosting artifact as well.
For me it looks like your hero simply was outclassed.

akrav
05-18-2006, 07:57 AM
omg lol thought he was playing inferno for sec, so thought he was refering to spectre dragons, sorry for the confusion.

shadow dragons are quite good.

anyway atm I think the 2 strongest spells in the game are both summoning and raising, once heroes get over 100 mana, you cant beat the hero who creates over 4500 hp worth of units out of thin air, and his summons would usually kill your units, so best case scenario you kill all his real units and he kills all your units and both heroes die.

DarkMystery1979
05-18-2006, 02:42 PM
mass summoning, mass raising dead? looks like i did miss something http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
05-18-2006, 02:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Romanov77:
On large maps the game tends to be UNPLAYABLE and choppy... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's most likely a problem with your computer. I don't have ANY lagging problems. And I certainly don't have a top-of-the-line computer...thats for SURE. Check out your video settings for some adjustments.

Digital_Justice
05-18-2006, 08:16 PM
One thing I've found annoying is that during battles it's quite easy to misclick with potentially devastating consequences. eg, moving my big stack of hunters up next to a unit instead of shooting the unit. It would be nice if there was an option to have movement be a two stage process during battles, the same as it is on the adventure map.

Final_Boss
05-18-2006, 08:43 PM
I think that necromancers are weak heroes because they are too focused in the spell power, too much to be a faction who can´t obtain destructive spells in his mage guild.

A standar necromancer (now):
AT-0 DF-1 SP-3 KW-1

A suggestion (for the patch):
AT-0 DF-2 SP-2 KW-1

pavel44
05-18-2006, 09:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Final_Boss:
I think that necromancers are weak heroes because they are too focused in the spell power, too much to be a faction who can´t obtain destructive spells in his mage guild.

A standar necromancer (now):
AT-0 DF-1 SP-3 KW-1

A suggestion (for the patch):
AT-0 DF-2 SP-2 KW-1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think this is more like it:
AT-1 DF-0 SP-2 KW-2

Necromancer should have poor defense; good spellpower and knowledge; and decent attack.