PDA

View Full Version : Political bullsnot

Pointsman2012
01-01-2012, 12:01 PM
So I've waded through the moderately pain-in-the- registration process in order to have my say. I've been through AC, AC2, and now I'm in Brotherhood. There are some things I like about the games, and some things I don't like. For one thing, I don't see how it's fun to follow an NPC through crowded streets for hours on end. The thing that's really been annoying me though is the left-wing agenda exhibited in the Truth sequences, where conservatives are consistently portrayed as tools of evil. "It's only a game!", they'll protest, but you know those Canadian hipsters living in their Mom's basement who developed these games really believe in that Marxist crap. Ubisoft insists on putting that silly- disclaimer on religious sensitivity at the beginning of every game, then goes on to insult over half the populace. If they ever spent any time in the real world they would change their tune. I spend a lot of money on games every year, but from now on Ubisoft is not getting any of it, at least until they grow up.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

ProdiGurl
01-01-2012, 12:06 PM
The thing that's really been annoying me though is the left-wing agenda exhibited in the Truth sequences, where conservatives are consistently portrayed as tools of evil.

Can you elaborate a little more on this?

misterB2001
01-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Cool story, Bro.

smengler
01-01-2012, 12:11 PM
those Canadian hipsters living in their Mom's basement who developed these games really believe in that Marxist crap

Igloos don't have basements. Get your facts straight next time.

Assassin_M
01-01-2012, 12:13 PM
This is new http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

brick177
01-01-2012, 12:14 PM
How is the Truth sequence a left-wing agenda? And where are conservatives portrayed as tools of evil? It portrays monarchs and medieval church leaders as tools of evil because if you know anything bout history you would know that they were all power hungry and opposed to the freedoms that the modern world is founded on.

So, you are basically saying that somehow oppression is conservative and freedom is liberal, which doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Pointsman2012
01-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Can you elaborate a little more on this?

How is the Truth sequence a left-wing agenda? And where are conservatives portrayed as tools of evil?

Two things so far. When they were talking about the history of Aventino, they said that the Romans didn't build a wall around it until after it had been invaded, which was somehow just like the US finally reforming the health care system. However you feel about Obamacare, this is just total non sequitir. Obviously the developers just had to get their Alinsyite licks in. The second thing was when they basically called the Citizen's United Supreme Court case a Templar plot, and went so far as to infer that John Roberts' appointment as Chief Justice was arranged by the same evil consortium. I appreciate that fiction is fiction, but the Ubisoft developers have really gone out of their way to paint conservatives as evil.

masterfenix2009
01-01-2012, 12:37 PM
You do realize that the Templars are not evil right?

Pointsman2012
01-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Igloos don't have basements. Get your facts straight next time.

Sure they do. You have to have some place to keep your muktuk and old Playboys.

brick177
01-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by assassino151:
You do realize that the Templars are not evil right?

Good point. They do explain quite a bit that the Assassins and the Templars both want the same thing, peace on Earth. The Templars believe the best way to do it is by control and the Assassins believe it is through knowledge. So it really isn't a good vs. evil thing.

And yes Shaun Hastings had a couple of jabs with Healthcare and the Supreme Court. (Although, as an attorney, I would argue there is nothing liberal about disliking Citizen's United, it was an activist decision that ignores the original intent of the US constitution). But to say the whole series leans one way is a bit much.

smengler
01-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Pointsman2012:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Igloos don't have basements. Get your facts straight next time.

Sure they do. You have to have some place to keep your muktuk and old Playboys. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, we keep them outside with our sled dogs. The sled dogs are good at keeping the polar bears away.

YuurHeen
01-01-2012, 01:15 PM
the funny thing is that people that are right winged think they get attacked the most. (part of the way of thinking) So whatever i say wouldn't matter.

but then again conservatives can also be left-winged. right winged people can be liberal.
religons have nothing to do with any of these except that more religous people tend to be conservative than the otherway around while jesus was a liberal.

anyway as far as i can see most media is created by artistic people who are mostly left and liberal so why bother with any media except for your fox news.

freddie_1897
01-01-2012, 01:19 PM
you do raise some good points, however i would advise you to try and find some other way of getting your point across other than by insulting the people who made it and exaggerating things.

Pointsman2012
01-01-2012, 02:09 PM
you do raise some good points, however i would advise you to try and find some other way of getting your point across other than by insulting the people who made it and exaggerating things.

Why not? They had no problem with insulting me.

I would argue there is nothing liberal about disliking Citizen's United, it was an activist decision that ignores the original intent of the US constitution).

Your opinion. Have you ever heard the aphorism that the remedy for speech you don't like is more speech, not less? The left really would like to shut out all argument against them. Where in the constitution is the guarantee of free speech for unions, but none for businesses?

Look, the point is, I play games to escape from reality for a little while. When some developer injects his poorly thought out political agenda in a way that interrupts my buzz and detracts from the game, then I am justified in criticizing him.

Black_Widow9
01-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums
The Disclaimer is there for a reason because of people's different beliefs. Anyone is bound to become offended by anything and that is why it is in place. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

You are also allowed your opinion but please ensure it stays within the Forum Rules. No insults or language please.
Thanks

ProdiGurl
01-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Yuur :
while jesus was a liberal.

SO not true if anyone takes the time to actually read the Bible & the claims Jesus made in accordance w/ the Old Testament.

Maybe the term "liberal" should be defined because the Liberal definition I'm thinking of does not fit Him.

the funny thing is that people that are right winged think they get attacked the most.
Which is....... a form of an attack right there, but you'll deny that, right? lol
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Good point. They do explain quite a bit that the Assassins and the Templars both want the same thing, peace on Earth. The Templars believe the best way to do it is by control and the Assassins believe it is through knowledge. So it really isn't a good vs. evil thing.

The way they go about things to keep that control is the evil tho. I mean what about the Assassination attempt in ACII?

Betraying Ezio's father . . they threatened that man's family which forced him to betray them & have them hanged - letting the real murderer go free...
Alot of what they were plotting was kept secret - then there was that pagan orgy party in ACB.. hardly anything an actual Christian would condone.
Cesare was committing incest w/ his sister......
?

Suppressing people isn't exactly biblical either as far as the New Testament...
I dunno, I think they're pretty malevolent.

But with that said and even it were true, it doesn't necessarily mean UBI has some left wing agenda either.
I don't pick one up in the game and I'm very Politically motivated - and moderately conservative.

freddie_1897
01-01-2012, 05:07 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pointsman2012:
[QUOTE] you do raise some good points, however i would advise you to try and find some other way of getting your point across other than by insulting the people who made it and exaggerating things.[QUOTE]
[QUOTE] Why not? They had no problem with insulting me.[QUOTE]

The thing is that so far, it's only you who finds this a insult, it's really not that big a deal and you're making a giant fuss over it, your insult was not based on any truth at all, it's a complete lie and to be honest, it makes you seem like an immature a-hole

DoubleclickTF
01-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Yes, they do. And I love it.

Having Bush, Thatcher, Henry Ford and various other conservatives as Templars makes perfect sense, and putting Mossadegh and Allende as Assassins is one of the ballsiest things I've seen in a piece of North American fiction for a while.

Do you have any idea how many games and movies left-wing people sit through silently which present a right-wing agenda? Sometimes we even complain, and it's your right to do so. Please understand however, you're complaining about one of the extremely rare cases, in a sea of CoD, Battlefield, etc.

LightRey
01-01-2012, 06:34 PM
http://d37nnnqwv9amwr.cloudfront.net/photos/images/original/000/200/420/BRTky.jpg

Jamison_J_B
01-01-2012, 07:10 PM
The only thing political, that I can think of, was in Brotherhood, when Shaun made a wisecrack about the United States Health Care system before Obamacare. I did get rubbed the wrong way there, but beyond that, I can't really think of another case.

FrankieSatt
01-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
Hello and welcome to the Forums
The Disclaimer is there for a reason because of people's different beliefs. Anyone is bound to become offended by anything and that is why it is in place. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

You are also allowed your opinion but please ensure it stays within the Forum Rules. No insults or language please.
Thanks

If you really cared you would have locked the topic instead of allowing political bashing on your forums.

donngold
01-01-2012, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
Cesare was committing incest with his sister.....

I would just like to point out that cesare wasn't a templar...that is all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jon253
01-01-2012, 10:48 PM
The part that bothered me was the Assassin Symbol under the picture of Mao. I hope they aren't suggesting he and/or the communist party was part of the Assassins.

Agentbarto
01-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Jon253:
The part that bothered me was the Assassin Symbol under the picture of Mao. I hope they aren't suggesting he and/or the communist party was part of the Assassins.

Nah, the Assassin's work far behind whatever Templar plan lies behind the scenes. Mao along with every political leader is most likely a Templar in ideology because they all support the same path towards peace; control. You could argue that some try to changes things by using the systems in place but at some point it became impossible, what with lobbying and corporate sponsorship. Kinda mirrors the world we have today eh?

CanterburyTales
01-28-2012, 12:06 AM

I really hope that they weren't trying to imply that Mao was aligned with the Assassins, because if they were, then someone needs to be given a stern talking to, considering all of the things Mao did and his alliance with Stalin (confirmed to be a Templar and to have been killed by the Assassins in AC II). I would also like to present this photo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kissinger_Mao.jpg) of Mao with Henry Kissinger (stated to be a Templar in AC: BH).

LightRey
01-28-2012, 01:37 AM
I would just like to point out that cesare wasn't a templar...that is all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

How do you figure that? He most certainly was.

SixKeys
01-28-2012, 02:43 AM
How do you figure that? He most certainly was.

Wasn't his father more into the whole Templar philosophy? Cesare just seemed to be out for revenge after Ezio tried to murder his dad. He may have supplied the Templars with funds and manpower because it's what Rodrigo wanted, but I never got the impression that Cesare himself really cared about the Templar cause. Everything he did in Brotherhood was for his own selfish purposes.

Locopells
01-28-2012, 03:07 AM
His isn't a Templar as such, more he uses his dad's connection for his own ambitions. Come to that, his dad despite being Grand Master is more about his own personal power rather then peace through control, being the Templer's main aim.

kriegerdesgottes
01-28-2012, 04:15 AM
You and I would get along quite well I think. However I think to some degree they have cut down on it a little and I do think we may be taking it a little too seriously and more important than any of that we have to remind ourselves that even IF Ubisoft is putting out some ridiculous liberal agenda as sooo many mediums unfortunately do, they really do have every right to do it. We may not agree with it, but we don't and shouldn't have the right to tell them to stop imo. I just try to enjoy the games for the things I do love....(or used to) and look past the silly fantasy land ideals of liberals.

Subject-22
01-28-2012, 05:13 AM
I dont want to live on this planet anymore

LightRey
01-28-2012, 12:01 PM
Ugh, he is a Templar in every way. The only difference between Cesare and regular Templars is that he had basically created his own separate faction within the Templars to exert his own power. He was basically playing Grand Master without actually being one and likely eventually planned to become that after conquering Italy (or at least a large part of it). Anyways, at the end of ACB it becomes quite clear that his ultimate goals were just like those of all the other Templars, which would be world peace and whatnot (under his control of course).

CkSwtos
01-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Cesare became the Grand Master of the Templar order somewhere in AC:B. It is mentioned in the novel and I think it was in the game as well. Templar ideology acording to the assassin's creed saga, is something like:

Absolute control and world domination under the Templars.

This is their ideology, but by this way, the people's free will and rights and freedom are all canceled and that is what the Assassins are trying to prevent.

They are trying to preserve human rights and freedom.

massmurdera_666
01-28-2012, 06:17 PM
why is it, during every election year, that people start becoming political analysts and try to dissect every little thing in the world to show that it fits in or doesn't fit in with their political views? the op of this thread is a lame *******. and for him to bother to register to this forum to try an start some **** to feed his ego makes him an even bigger *******. it's entertainment ******! ubisoft is trying to make this game series as immersive as possible, and if they have to bend the truth a little to get that sense then i applaud them for thinking outside the box.

LightRey
01-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Might wanna tone it down a little there BatemanKID. Swearing doesn't help anybody.