PDA

View Full Version : Sliding along walls & other free-running suggestions.

Serrachio
07-30-2011, 04:17 PM
I know this is a little nit-picky, but I notice in game that if you find yourself falling against a wall, Ezio will slide down it with his hands above his head as if he would still be falling against open space.

What I'd like to see in Revelations is if some invention for his metal cestus/glove would be possible, that would allow himself to properly use the wall to slow his descent, because it's rather annoying now to try and use the wall to lessen my fall and still take damage and possible armour breakage.

It might sound a little similar to the Prince of Persia game, but I don't get what's stopping Ezio from utilising this part of the environment to his advantage, and besides, it could maybe allow him to get to a lower level without making me rely on using up my medicine constantly and could probably allow him to jump from a wall-slide maneuver, instead of having to literally force Ezio to do a forward jump like the Virtual Training suggests, with the added benefit of not taking the brunt of gravity.

Better yet, if this could be an extra feature for the Hookblade that you might need to visit Yusuf Tazim/the inventor for, like the Leonardo Benches in Brotherhood, it would be appreciated.

While we're on the point, I'd also like it if you could actually manufacture a small hop to a lower level, because I was recently treasure hunting through the 'poor' part of Rome (near to the Travestere part where you kill the Banker), and I found it kind of annoying that when I tried to hop down to loot a chest, Ezio would jump forward and hit into the wall or jump onto some lower acrobatic part, which was something I didn't want.

Also, I found it rather redundant in both the Story and Multiplayer that Ezio (or one of the multiplayer characters) would do a tiny little hop when you jump onto a tightrope from the side, which would most likely get me killed in the multiplayer or hinder my progress across the rooftops in the Story.

I'd rather be forced to cross it from a level point where I could run across it quickly, or make the jump across it to a further part in the rope, where I could quickly turn and run.

So, those are basically the things that have been annoying me with the free-running part of the game, but do you share the same thoughts that I do?

Serrachio
07-30-2011, 04:17 PM
I know this is a little nit-picky, but I notice in game that if you find yourself falling against a wall, Ezio will slide down it with his hands above his head as if he would still be falling against open space.

What I'd like to see in Revelations is if some invention for his metal cestus/glove would be possible, that would allow himself to properly use the wall to slow his descent, because it's rather annoying now to try and use the wall to lessen my fall and still take damage and possible armour breakage.

It might sound a little similar to the Prince of Persia game, but I don't get what's stopping Ezio from utilising this part of the environment to his advantage, and besides, it could maybe allow him to get to a lower level without making me rely on using up my medicine constantly and could probably allow him to jump from a wall-slide maneuver, instead of having to literally force Ezio to do a forward jump like the Virtual Training suggests, with the added benefit of not taking the brunt of gravity.

Better yet, if this could be an extra feature for the Hookblade that you might need to visit Yusuf Tazim/the inventor for, like the Leonardo Benches in Brotherhood, it would be appreciated.

While we're on the point, I'd also like it if you could actually manufacture a small hop to a lower level, because I was recently treasure hunting through the 'poor' part of Rome (near to the Travestere part where you kill the Banker), and I found it kind of annoying that when I tried to hop down to loot a chest, Ezio would jump forward and hit into the wall or jump onto some lower acrobatic part, which was something I didn't want.

Also, I found it rather redundant in both the Story and Multiplayer that Ezio (or one of the multiplayer characters) would do a tiny little hop when you jump onto a tightrope from the side, which would most likely get me killed in the multiplayer or hinder my progress across the rooftops in the Story.

I'd rather be forced to cross it from a level point where I could run across it quickly, or make the jump across it to a further part in the rope, where I could quickly turn and run.

So, those are basically the things that have been annoying me with the free-running part of the game, but do you share the same thoughts that I do?