PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody else feel dirty using Firecrackers in Assassinate?

IBYCFOTA
03-31-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm not sure if it's just me but I kind of feel bad whenever I use firecrackers in Assassinate. Probably because it makes me rage so hard when I'm on the other end, which I have been as of late. I was actually using RR Smoke and LL Poison for a long time but as of recently my scores have started to dip and I haven't been winning as many games as I had been in the past. I attribute this mostly to one thing, that being that people are simply getting better at this game type. And as people have adjusted, more have found how useful Firecrackers is in this mode. As a result in more matches than ever it seems people are running some kind of Firecrackers setup.

It's kind of hard to blame them, it's a fantastic ability for this mode. I've even sunk to using it myself as a means of fighting fire with fire. Honestly though, it feels a little cheap at times in Assassinate and I'm beginning to reconsider if I should be using it at all. Or perhaps more accurately, if Assassinate is still worth playing as it stands now.

Part of the reason why I bring this up is because I never like to be that player that abuses an imbalance of the game at the expense of the enjoyment of others, and that's exactly what it feels like when I use Firecrackers. Am I alone in thinking this way? Maybe I'm just a soft Assassin. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

IBYCFOTA
03-31-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm not sure if it's just me but I kind of feel bad whenever I use firecrackers in Assassinate. Probably because it makes me rage so hard when I'm on the other end, which I have been as of late. I was actually using RR Smoke and LL Poison for a long time but as of recently my scores have started to dip and I haven't been winning as many games as I had been in the past. I attribute this mostly to one thing, that being that people are simply getting better at this game type. And as people have adjusted, more have found how useful Firecrackers is in this mode. As a result in more matches than ever it seems people are running some kind of Firecrackers setup.

It's kind of hard to blame them, it's a fantastic ability for this mode. I've even sunk to using it myself as a means of fighting fire with fire. Honestly though, it feels a little cheap at times in Assassinate and I'm beginning to reconsider if I should be using it at all. Or perhaps more accurately, if Assassinate is still worth playing as it stands now.

Part of the reason why I bring this up is because I never like to be that player that abuses an imbalance of the game at the expense of the enjoyment of others, and that's exactly what it feels like when I use Firecrackers. Am I alone in thinking this way? Maybe I'm just a soft Assassin. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Yonmaja
03-31-2011, 05:58 PM
Do what works, IMO.

YourInnate
03-31-2011, 06:17 PM
I started using Firecrackers in assassinate... But I offset by switching the smoke to Knives... I'll let you know how that works out.

obliviondoll
03-31-2011, 06:24 PM
I switch between FC/Smoke and FC/Knives depending how others are playing.

And I like to subvert the negative stereotype by waiting until the target's vision is almost clear before locking (give them a fighting chance).

Until I've seen that player use FC or do something really idiotic, of course.

monkeyuncle8
03-31-2011, 07:00 PM
I dont know about you but no one with fireworks kills me often. immedialy I drop a smoke punch them out and get focus + grounded. also if you want to counter it lock on to an NPC and they will react to firecrackers like players

Patita90
03-31-2011, 07:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by monkeyuncle8:
(...) also if you want to counter it lock on to an NPC and they will react to firecrackers like players </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OH! Is that so? I keep learning things about this game every day... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

obliviondoll
03-31-2011, 07:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Patita90:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by monkeyuncle8:
(...) also if you want to counter it lock on to an NPC and they will react to firecrackers like players </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OH! Is that so? I keep learning things about this game every day... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ONLY applicable in Assassinate. Set NPC as a target, and they won't panic when someone drops FC nearby. Gives you 50/50 odds on being the one not dead.

Crumplecorn
03-31-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm using FC at the moment on PC because I haven't unlocked poison yet.

It makes me feel like I really really want to unlock poison.

Firecrackers never prevent locks for me. I do tend to use them in games against good players though, because those games are too fast paced for poison, and FC is like a poor man's smoke bomb.

YourInnate
03-31-2011, 07:45 PM
I dont know about you but no one with fireworks kills me often. immedialy I drop a smoke punch them out and get focus + grounded. also if you want to counter it lock on to an NPC and they will react to firecrackers like players </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can't lock onto an npc as a reaction though. You as the "defending player" need to already be locked onto an npc for this tactic to work.

Trenixdecease
03-31-2011, 09:58 PM
I've been racking up wins in assassinate and I rarely deal with firecrackers. When I do, it's still not that great of a skill. It doesn't stop anyone from running, nor does it stop anyone from killing you. Nothing that a smoke bomb can't counter as well.

fenhin_seiryuu
03-31-2011, 10:36 PM
Challenge myself by using FC only if ALL these conditions fulfilled

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Blinded kill by FC first
<LI>Time is under 6 minutes
<LI>2~4 players is using FC (more than 4. RAGE quit http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif)
<LI>Not in podium
<LI>In the mood
[/list]

With exception : Relieving stress in Player room. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif Bang!!!

Eldest219
03-31-2011, 10:44 PM
I feel the same way using poison. I feel as though poison is just an easy +300 points that people rarely (and I stress the word 'rarely') earn.

I only use poison once or twice in assassinate. Same with the hidden gun; get first blood and I'm done using it.

After I'm done with my gun and poison class, I usually then switch to my firecracker/smokebomb class for the remainder of the session.

It's kind of like mute/smokbomb, but more effective in a variety of situations.

I dont know about you but no one with fireworks kills me often. immedialy I drop a smoke punch them out and get focus + grounded. also if you want to counter it lock on to an NPC and they will react to firecrackers like players </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh, I had no idea it worked like that. Well, shoot. That explains why killing a person left standing will sometimes be an NPC. Heh, just my luck to lose 50/50s.

I figured it was just some BS the game (just lost the game) threw at me.

ABXantos
04-01-2011, 12:11 AM
I feel dirty that people copy my firecrackers and then playing against it PLUS smoke in the same profile set http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

MosesPJ
04-01-2011, 12:27 AM
I think smoke is more annoying. Smoked, focus & posioned.

MonsterJunkese
04-01-2011, 01:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A.B.Xantos:
I feel dirty that people copy my firecrackers and then playing against it PLUS smoke in the same profile set http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I feel bad about people copying my sprint boost/decoy set but nout we can do http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

l Khasim l
04-01-2011, 02:35 AM
I don't like firecrackers, mostly because I seem to fail at using them defensively, and I prefer to discover my targets via line of sight and/or observation than tricks like TV (which is useless imo, I always kill people who use it in assassinate, the most funny ones are those that use it while not hidden at all and standing in plain sight). Smoke + poison is how I roll, sometimes mute+poison when I have good ping.

jelf22
04-01-2011, 02:50 AM
I feel dirty blending and camping around, and smoke stunning those who tried to firecracker me out.
Assassinate has turned to a camping game. Those who use firecrackers are actually people with guts. So I don't think it's dirty.