PDA

View Full Version : No gun physics?

pariah227
04-02-2004, 10:26 AM
I think far cry is an amazing game. The lighting is spectacular indoors, the outdoor enviornmen is the best ever made, and the physics on objects are just pure fun. But i dont understand why this state of the art, amazing game, has guns that float like doom. How cool would it be if when you killed a guy, his rifle toppled down the stairs he was on. This little detail is something im guessing they just overlooked, not couldnt do. Goldeneye did it, max payne did it, so it is possible, anyone else like to see this feature in future patches or mods?

pariah227
04-02-2004, 10:26 AM
I think far cry is an amazing game. The lighting is spectacular indoors, the outdoor enviornmen is the best ever made, and the physics on objects are just pure fun. But i dont understand why this state of the art, amazing game, has guns that float like doom. How cool would it be if when you killed a guy, his rifle toppled down the stairs he was on. This little detail is something im guessing they just overlooked, not couldnt do. Goldeneye did it, max payne did it, so it is possible, anyone else like to see this feature in future patches or mods?

xardy
04-02-2004, 10:46 AM
i think it was performance issue

http://www.zigma-base.com/forums/templates/subBlack3dBlue/images/logo.gif
www.zigma-base.com (http://www.zigma-base.com)

geno_604
04-02-2004, 01:17 PM
I wondered that as well, but for single player... it would have been hard to aquire guns if they were flopping everywhere.. but i would liked and still would like to see te guns get physics..

Van B.C. the place to be!

I am 89% addicted to Counterstrike. <a href="http://seanism.com/addiction/cs.php">What about you?</a>

mr.amphibian
04-02-2004, 01:49 PM
they don't have to do mad flips forty metres in the air- like in max payne / haloe they should just drop a little and hit off stuff then stay still, maybe with some fun with explosions

also, for example, shootin a guy on a tower could make him fall and his gun fly away from his suddenly flailing body then topple over the edge.

max... dearest of all my friends!

ta_erog
04-02-2004, 01:57 PM
"i think it was performance issue"
Why does every one say this??? for everying?!?!

Most of the time it is not true . .

Hilfy
04-02-2004, 02:06 PM
It's doable, I just did it with the basic p90 pickup by turning it into a rigid body. You can't pick it up but it now has physics and falls, bounces, flips etc. You should be able to edit the script for the ready to go pickup and do the same. Gonna try and mess with that now.

Skateguy
04-02-2004, 07:11 PM
yeah, just don't go the havoc way and make the frigg'n gun fly up in the air doing 60 flips and then land on the tip of the barrel and stand there like it's a crazy balancing act with automatic weaponry...

pariah227
04-02-2004, 09:59 PM
Hilfy, please let me know if you pull this off. And others, i didnt say anything about doing crazy flips. I just think it would be cool if the guns dropped to the ground, or rolled down stairs a little. Its just adds atmosphere in a way.

Hilfy
04-02-2004, 11:12 PM
I'm working on it. Going to have to make another library entry. Don't only look at the Scripts but open up those XML files too. You can edit the library entities etc directly there. Lets you change all those properties that the prefab entities are missing vs. the basic ones.

[This message was edited by Hilfy on Fri April 02 2004 at 10:39 PM.]

pariah227
04-04-2004, 10:48 AM
How close are you to getting it to work? Im pretty new to the whole scripting thing, so i cant get anything to work the way i want it to.