PDA

View Full Version : Remote explosives

XyZspineZyX
10-08-2003, 09:19 PM
Does anyone get the chance to use them? I've seen people trying to use breaching charges... But:
a) u only get 2. As opposed to 3 smoke which are more effective.

b) Why blow off the door when u can use it as a bullet shield?

c)Blowing off the door wont always stun all the people in the room if the room is too big, so u have to pick the rooms carefully. Hmmmm if you have time.

Claymores.
Chance are u will have to clear most of the bad guys out of the way so that its safe to go and place one... so whats the point? How often will a bad guy come back thru a clear area in such a way that its better to use the claykmore than your gun???

Remote charges & claymores
Probably best used in very very very organised team games. But I'm sure there are better ways to kill the enemy.

One thing I learnt from GR is that claymores are a good decoy. So shud work in RvS, too. If u say, place a charge or claymore next to a door or barrel, u can find another route to attack from.... detonate it... make the terrorists go towards the sound.... sneak in the back. This is a bit long winded, but it makes a nice alternative to just rushing in all guns blazing.

If there were vehicles like in GR u could boobytrap roads and stuff. But for now you will have to make do with blowing doors off and exposing your whole team.

XyZspineZyX
10-08-2003, 09:19 PM
Does anyone get the chance to use them? I've seen people trying to use breaching charges... But:
a) u only get 2. As opposed to 3 smoke which are more effective.

b) Why blow off the door when u can use it as a bullet shield?

c)Blowing off the door wont always stun all the people in the room if the room is too big, so u have to pick the rooms carefully. Hmmmm if you have time.

Claymores.
Chance are u will have to clear most of the bad guys out of the way so that its safe to go and place one... so whats the point? How often will a bad guy come back thru a clear area in such a way that its better to use the claykmore than your gun???

Remote charges & claymores
Probably best used in very very very organised team games. But I'm sure there are better ways to kill the enemy.

One thing I learnt from GR is that claymores are a good decoy. So shud work in RvS, too. If u say, place a charge or claymore next to a door or barrel, u can find another route to attack from.... detonate it... make the terrorists go towards the sound.... sneak in the back. This is a bit long winded, but it makes a nice alternative to just rushing in all guns blazing.

If there were vehicles like in GR u could boobytrap roads and stuff. But for now you will have to make do with blowing doors off and exposing your whole team.

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 01:58 AM
Claymores and remote charges are more used in multiplayer. not a very safe method on hostage escue missions...

breaching charges works well, IF the room is small enough /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 11:26 AM
Generally I choose them when someone keeps rushing toward where I spawn, taking the same route over and over. Gives em a nasty surprise http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2003, 08:55 PM
I've used claymores on the double doors in Presidio but that's been it. Got a lot of complaints on it even though they aren't getting hit by them.

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2003, 10:47 PM
i like remote charges the best, mainly because they can be hidden better (like on stairs or at top, you can't see them from bottom).