PDA

View Full Version : Reviving the Ghost Recon forum



XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 10:48 PM
What can be done?

Things I'd like to see, some of which there's no way would ever happen.

-#1 OT recombined with the General forum

Why? First, because we never get anyone new in the OT forum. We get lots of new people in the general forum, but hardly anyone sticks around long. Keeping the forums separate is keeping the community from it's lifeblood. If you're going to keep a forum alive then the people going in have to be at least equal and preferably greater than those going out. It would also save a lot of thread locking and moving because newbies don't know where things are supposed to go, remember the OT forum was created because some felt it would be easier on the newbies if their questions could be answered without dealing with OT stuff, I think the problem was greatly exaggerated to begin with. Now tech support on the other hand I believe should be completely separate from the OT forum, but the average thread in General these days isn't that much different from the average thread in OT, except that Ghost Recon is actually mentioned.

-#2 Consider UN-banning some of the people who were banned, even perma-banned.

Why? Well, this is a difficult one to accept/explain. I'm not saying we should let everyone back in here, but some of the people who got banned weren't really the chronic problem that they were made out to be. Some clarification, a lot of the people banned from this forum were contributing members of the forum up untill about a week from their being banned.

B2kGhost for example, was occasionally childish, but mostly contributed to the forum during his tenure here, which is to be expected he was 15 or 16 when he was banned. He was generally outspoken which is a good thing when you're trying to keep the forum alive. . . but he had some personal difficulties and took his anger out of the forum and in the course of a short time found himself banned (basically threw a fit). Now he deserved to be banned and banned for a long time. But he's had a year and a half to or 2 years to grow up. He still checks these forums every three to six months or so. He's got to be 17 or 18 now and from the time I last talked to him he's not holding any grudges or resentment anymore, and I can't really say that I'm still angry with him. There are plenty of people I wouldn't let back into this forum as well The_Shootist and Dieter's presence was all about causing problems, there's no way they should be coming back.

The other reason I don't perma-bans for members who had a bad week are a good idea is that it puts off other members. I know at least a dozen people who no longer post here because of all the banning that was going on at one point. I've left several times because of it myself, but I keep coming back. It just seems to me like all of the posters I considered really interesting (the real oddballs), whether I liked them or not, don't post here anymore, and that's a shame.

-#3 More moderators, but not yet.

If and when Ghost Recon 2 ever comes out we're going to need to have more moderators just to keep the ones we have from burning out. Moderator abandonment seems to be a huge problem with UBI's forums in general. I don't think GR is going to be a problem for a while, but I worry that when something finally does come out of RSE collective mouth that either AMD and Snipe won't be around enough or at least one of them will be so stressed out they end up alienating people. I think part of the reason we had so many people getting banned at one point was stressed out moderators rubbing people the wrong way.

-#4 A new color scheme

Black and Blue makes me sleepy, it doesn't make me feel talkative. Updating the site also attracts attention and let's people know that someone is taking care of the place.
New images up at the top of the forum would be nice once in a while too.

-#5 Clan/Team presence

Right now, we need to be doing all we can to encourage teams to be participating here. At one point competing clans were a problem here, it seems like everyone in the forum was either in the Black Watch or the Black Plague and it got to the point where it alienated those who were neither (unfortunately, by the time I realized that, it was too late). There was a reason the two clans dominated, we both used the forums as a recruiting tool without actively recruiting here. We basically used the forums to get our name out there, without putting up the "We're recruiting" signs many new clans think is a good idea. This led to a tremendous growth in both teams, unfortunately, other clans did not draw signifigantly from the forums, this polarized the forum atmosphere. Now we almost never see a clan player in these forums, and when we do it's the very rare post from someone who posted here a long time ago. We need to be encouraging team participation here while at the same time keeping them from taking over. Perhaps we could have open servers here again (I don't think the server listing forums get much attention these days and perhaps it's best to get rid (err, consolidate) them), or we could get some tournaments hosted here, even if there's no prizes (at least in material form) or they're hosted by teams or even individual members.


There are of course other limiting factors to all of these suggestions, many teams were unhappy with cheat prevention in the patches, server support etc, and many people are disapointed we haven't heard from RSE in quite some time.

What do you think?




<font color="red">Liberal Weenies! Tell it to someone who cares! Howard Dean perhaps? (http://www.actionforum.com/forum/?forum_id=223)</font>
http://p.xanga.com/AsianPrince213/profile.jpg
Return of the King. . . err, Prince.


Message Edited on 11/01/0304:50PM by Thoramir

XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 10:48 PM
What can be done?

Things I'd like to see, some of which there's no way would ever happen.

-#1 OT recombined with the General forum

Why? First, because we never get anyone new in the OT forum. We get lots of new people in the general forum, but hardly anyone sticks around long. Keeping the forums separate is keeping the community from it's lifeblood. If you're going to keep a forum alive then the people going in have to be at least equal and preferably greater than those going out. It would also save a lot of thread locking and moving because newbies don't know where things are supposed to go, remember the OT forum was created because some felt it would be easier on the newbies if their questions could be answered without dealing with OT stuff, I think the problem was greatly exaggerated to begin with. Now tech support on the other hand I believe should be completely separate from the OT forum, but the average thread in General these days isn't that much different from the average thread in OT, except that Ghost Recon is actually mentioned.

-#2 Consider UN-banning some of the people who were banned, even perma-banned.

Why? Well, this is a difficult one to accept/explain. I'm not saying we should let everyone back in here, but some of the people who got banned weren't really the chronic problem that they were made out to be. Some clarification, a lot of the people banned from this forum were contributing members of the forum up untill about a week from their being banned.

B2kGhost for example, was occasionally childish, but mostly contributed to the forum during his tenure here, which is to be expected he was 15 or 16 when he was banned. He was generally outspoken which is a good thing when you're trying to keep the forum alive. . . but he had some personal difficulties and took his anger out of the forum and in the course of a short time found himself banned (basically threw a fit). Now he deserved to be banned and banned for a long time. But he's had a year and a half to or 2 years to grow up. He still checks these forums every three to six months or so. He's got to be 17 or 18 now and from the time I last talked to him he's not holding any grudges or resentment anymore, and I can't really say that I'm still angry with him. There are plenty of people I wouldn't let back into this forum as well The_Shootist and Dieter's presence was all about causing problems, there's no way they should be coming back.

The other reason I don't perma-bans for members who had a bad week are a good idea is that it puts off other members. I know at least a dozen people who no longer post here because of all the banning that was going on at one point. I've left several times because of it myself, but I keep coming back. It just seems to me like all of the posters I considered really interesting (the real oddballs), whether I liked them or not, don't post here anymore, and that's a shame.

-#3 More moderators, but not yet.

If and when Ghost Recon 2 ever comes out we're going to need to have more moderators just to keep the ones we have from burning out. Moderator abandonment seems to be a huge problem with UBI's forums in general. I don't think GR is going to be a problem for a while, but I worry that when something finally does come out of RSE collective mouth that either AMD and Snipe won't be around enough or at least one of them will be so stressed out they end up alienating people. I think part of the reason we had so many people getting banned at one point was stressed out moderators rubbing people the wrong way.

-#4 A new color scheme

Black and Blue makes me sleepy, it doesn't make me feel talkative. Updating the site also attracts attention and let's people know that someone is taking care of the place.
New images up at the top of the forum would be nice once in a while too.

-#5 Clan/Team presence

Right now, we need to be doing all we can to encourage teams to be participating here. At one point competing clans were a problem here, it seems like everyone in the forum was either in the Black Watch or the Black Plague and it got to the point where it alienated those who were neither (unfortunately, by the time I realized that, it was too late). There was a reason the two clans dominated, we both used the forums as a recruiting tool without actively recruiting here. We basically used the forums to get our name out there, without putting up the "We're recruiting" signs many new clans think is a good idea. This led to a tremendous growth in both teams, unfortunately, other clans did not draw signifigantly from the forums, this polarized the forum atmosphere. Now we almost never see a clan player in these forums, and when we do it's the very rare post from someone who posted here a long time ago. We need to be encouraging team participation here while at the same time keeping them from taking over. Perhaps we could have open servers here again (I don't think the server listing forums get much attention these days and perhaps it's best to get rid (err, consolidate) them), or we could get some tournaments hosted here, even if there's no prizes (at least in material form) or they're hosted by teams or even individual members.


There are of course other limiting factors to all of these suggestions, many teams were unhappy with cheat prevention in the patches, server support etc, and many people are disapointed we haven't heard from RSE in quite some time.

What do you think?




<font color="red">Liberal Weenies! Tell it to someone who cares! Howard Dean perhaps? (http://www.actionforum.com/forum/?forum_id=223)</font>
http://p.xanga.com/AsianPrince213/profile.jpg
Return of the King. . . err, Prince.


Message Edited on 11/01/0304:50PM by Thoramir

XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 11:33 PM
We need MNG to post his threads here. That would liven things up a bit.


Thoramir wrote:
- #3 More moderators, but not yet.

Me! Me! Me! Although, I'd probably end up banning the lot of you. Digger and myself included.

http://kotisivu.dnainternet.net/ir25/images/4sec_v2_png.png

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 01:16 AM
Thor good input buddy and sound advice .. maybe they will listen .

http://publish.hometown.aol.com/fyredawg12/images/dagocod.jpg
Black Plague - Call of Duty Division

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 04:42 AM
To Thor,

Well thought out and written and I'm with you on changing the colour and making a new look to these forums as this is getting hard on the eyes now. I here you on your thoughts on GD and OT forum but this is my take on this and I have no problem with the current set-up. Combining the two like before can make for a fast flowing forum but in many cases someones question and points are missed or left un-answered and for that alone it's better the way it is now.(Just my Opinion)

I think the forum has dropped in numbers due to other game realises that happened after Island Thunder and at that point allot of gamers were losing interest in GR. When UBI separated the console and GR forums was the best move ever due to the flame wars they were starting and for this reason I do not want to see a forum that allows clan recruiting because of the fights and flaming that goes along with it. You only have to look back to the early days to see some of the seasoned gamers calling a new member to the forum noobs,newbie etc etc when they asked a simple question that didn't deserve this treatment. I for one have gone out of my way to welcome new comers and curve this bad habit that has been around. I can say now that many have adopted my ways and the noob calling has left and I wish to keep it that way.

I understand that there is allot of mature clans around but then there are some that I wouldn't give the time of day to. I personally hate the word clan for it breeds a gamer thinking he is better than the average person and has more clout to a non clan member. If clan members could treat everyone on a even playing field without superiority
then fine, but it will never happen. Thor I will bring this issue up as well and get some feed back from the top.

You make a very good point with the banning of previous gamers but I for one will not unban a gamer that I had no involvement in the banning and undermine another mods authority. How ever I will bring this issue up with the other mods and UBI to shed some more light on this issue as you make a valid point.

I will also add to your points that UBI must at all cost fix the problems to the hacking that goes on in the UBI game lobby and as Thor said fix the cheating problems.

<CENTER>http://www.myimgs.com/data/snipe21/Snipe21.jpg <CENTER>
<CENTER><font face="Georgia Ref"size="3"color="#8B816E">UBISoft/GR Forum Moderator</font></center><CENTER> <CENTER><A HREF="mailto:snipe21@ssth.com"><font face="Georgia Ref"size="2"color="#8B816E">Email Me</font></center><CENTER> <CENTER><A HREF="http://www.ubi.com/US/Info/TermsOfUse.htm"><font face="Georgia Ref"size="2"color="#FFFF00">UBI/Terms of Use</font></center><CENTER><CENTER><A HREF="http://www.ubi.com/US/CommunityZone/Forums/guidelines"><font face="Georgia Ref"size="2"color="#FFFF00">Forum Guidelines</font></center><CENTER>

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 05:01 AM
Snipe Thor wasnt talking about a clan forum .. at least thats not what I took it as. He is talking about getting clans involved here. In this forums Heyday The predominate clans were BW and BP simply I think this is where most of us met .. or rather got involved with one another in this gamming "world" Quite honestly both clans were active and willing participants of this community. Oh we had our spats ... and thats OK it never really got too crazy /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif but for the most part is was and still is good natured fun. But both groups were all over these forums helping folks new to the game and new to the forums. Both groups ran a server pretty much 24/7. I know we ran serveal "Noob Academies" where we specificly opened our server to show people new to the game the "tricks of the trade." BW did similiar stuff. I think thats the type of clan involvement that Thor was speaking of .. but thats just what I got out of his words you may have gotten something different we will have to wait and see what he says

http://publish.hometown.aol.com/fyredawg12/images/dagocod.jpg
Black Plague - Call of Duty Division

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 05:58 AM
Good ideas Thor! All of them...

I have never understood the reasoning behind clans not being able to recruit here, surely it benifits their game, increases sales and helps builds the community.


I remember OT and the console forums being seperated, and at the time with the turnover of threads it was a good idea, you just didn't have time to wade through all the threads, they moved too fast. Now the boards hardly move, even go a couple of days without posts in either OT or GD!

Banning members, yes the mods got real touchy at one stage, but as you say they were stressed. The time I got banned was over something pretty minor, the mod had had some bad news on the home front, he PMed me to that effect, understandable. I wonder how many others were also victims of a "bad day" and did not go to the lenghths I did to get it removed and were lost for good, As you say there were a lot members who contributed to these boards, they have a bad week and get banned, surely they deserve a 2nd chance!

We sorta got away with OT in the GD forum with Batts threads... the one that got 500+ replies, I thought that was pretty good of AMD not to lock it, our previous mods would have and killed the GD board in the process...

I think we should recombine at least the OT and GD boards. We get new guys coming in, particuarly to the GD board and see it stagnent, they post once or twice and then not again.
As you say we need to encourage posting here, if for nothing else at the moment but to encourage interest, encourage interest and the rest will follow..

I have enjoyed my time here, I'd hate to see these boards come to a halt.

Thats the reason I post crap, just to do my part to keep the boards ticking over, unfortuneatly it seems everyone has the same idea so we end up with boards full of crap!

Oh well, better than nothing/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif


http://www.arach.net.au/~allanb/gr/digger6991.jpg
<font size=-2>One more post towards "Veteran" /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
<font color="FFFF00">I would like to introduce my favourite little emoticon http://www.arach.net.au/~allanb/gr/pac1.gif I call her Pac Min. Yer, she has a problem keeping her mouth closed, but I wouldn't have it any other way...</font>
<font size=-2 color="97C9FF">Disclaimer:
Please be advised that the above post may contain traces of humour. If you suffer any adverse reactions to humour, stay calm, elevate any areas of swelling and/or ulcerations and promptly call the poisons information line...
</Font>

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 05:59 AM
Glad to hear your thoughts on the matter. In fact, I'd like to hear from everyone. I wasn't really around during most of the console vs. PC conflict and it's existence had by now, slipped my memory. Maybe instead of recombining the two, we could refocus them. One could deal exclusively with Ghost Recon related questions for anyone that needs help and the other could focus on discussion of the game as well as other topics (off topic matters). This would keep GR forum community involved in GR and attract new people who have something to say about it.

Also note: In my previous post when I referred to newbies, I wasn't using it to be insulting, but I think everyone knew that.

As far as unbanning is concerned I would hope that all the forum moderators would co-operate on those decisions, particularly those involved with their banning. Letting anyone back onto the forums, even after a year or more should be an informed decision made by the moderators as a group, since they would have to deal with the potential problems on their return. I also imagine many of those who would be least harmful in returning are also the least likely to return if they are unbanned. It's not particularly my cause to go getting everyone unbanned but I know it has put many (by many I'm not implying a majority) of the members of the board. There are a few banned people I really miss having around, and even more who left just because they were upset by someone else getting banned.
Maybe if it was the policy to review the member's ban after 6 months or a year, people would be less put off by it. Whatever develops regarding this point, it's important that all the mods agree, even if hesitantly.


I also agree with the no recruitment policy, but also think we should have a team presence on the site. A presence here is both good for the forums and good for the teams if it's done properly, and I certainly see more people in the general forum (usually) looking to join a team, not to recruit. If more teams participated here they might have a better idea of who to talk to. Another note Ghost Recon has been around so long that many of the teams are no longer squabbling. Handling team behaviour (Oh God, I'm turning British) when a sequel comes out and we are inundated by new teams is a trickier matter altogether, but it's also a possibility that appears distant on the horizon and I think we encourage their participation now (as only the teams that get along seem to have survived, well mostly) and handle new team interest in whatever manner it need be as it approaches. Note 2: I'm also not really bothered by the word 'clan' but then again, BW had a Scottish theme and we could get away with it (that and the word has a broad range of definitions, only the negative ones seem to hold true for most clans of the gaming variety).

Unfortunatly, there's only so much even the developers of the game can do to prevent cheating. Many of the requests they get from the community are either dictated from above, or are technically unfeasible or even undesirable. There are things they probably could've done, but didn't, that put a lot of people off (particularly dedicated server host), IP banning was one, not requiring a 3d accelerator a a dedicated server was another, Linux support (for servers) I understand was important to a lot of people. On the other hand, things like geometry glitches can be hard to stamp out (not always). I can't say I fault the RSE team for the lack of some of these things they don't get to make all of their own decisions about what changes are to be made.
I've certainly got enough feedback from them to know they care about the games they make. I think the best thing to do on the part of UBIsoft is to hire people (In house, or by sub-contractors) who specialize in cheat prevention. In some respects some of the cheat makers were so far beyond anything RSE could've changed to save the product from them. I'll stop this line of thought here, it's beyond the scope of this topic. Hmm, and this wasn't even a topic that usually concerns me anymore. These days, 99% of all my Ghost Recon time is single player or on a LAN.



<font color="red">Liberal Weenies! Tell it to someone who cares! Howard Dean perhaps? (http://www.actionforum.com/forum/?forum_id=223)</font>
http://p.xanga.com/AsianPrince213/profile.jpg
Return of the King. . . err, Prince.


Message Edited on 11/01/0311:59PM by Thoramir

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 06:15 AM
Of course they're good ideas, I thought of them! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Actually, I've really been thinking about it for a long time, what it takes to have a successful online community.

I probably wasn't clear enough on the clan thing in the original post. Fyredawg and I have probably seen more of the benefits of team participation in all that BW and BP did here. Unfortunately, we've also seen the downside to it as well, particularly on the BW end, but I hope I learned from many of the mistakes I made (again another topic).

Just so we're clear recruiting shouldn't be allowed here, but that doesn't mean that drawing people's interest is a bad idea. Community events are a great way to stimulate interest without plastering the board with what are effectively advertisments (and they work better too/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif ).
Example, BW announces an open server (I miss my T3 line /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif ). People come into the game (and I'm talking a full server, 32 people) and by the end of the night 3 or 4 people would want to join (without being prompted), everyone had a blast, and I didn't put out a 'hey we're recruiting' thread that didn't in effect, make the forum a highway full of billboards.

<font color="red">Liberal Weenies! Tell it to someone who cares! Howard Dean perhaps? (http://www.actionforum.com/forum/?forum_id=223)</font>
http://p.xanga.com/AsianPrince213/profile.jpg
Return of the King. . . err, Prince.

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 08:34 AM
To Thor,

On the unbanning of members I must stress that most gamers or members of these forums do not see the behind scenes antics of people who have been banned or the lead up to them getting banned. I'm not defending any mods decision but mealy pointing out that there is some pretty ruff stuff that goes on. The GR forum is pretty good with it's members and I hope that this will continue this way.

I still agree with you as you have made a valid point towards those that may have grown up or changed there ways. Most members get a warning followed my a temporary ban to which they can return. Then the drastic action is taken on some cases and a forum ban is applied with the worst cases a complete system wide ban is mounted on all UBI forums.

<CENTER>http://www.myimgs.com/data/snipe21/Snipe21.jpg <CENTER>
<CENTER><font face="Georgia Ref"size="3"color="#8B816E">UBISoft/GR Forum Moderator</font></center><CENTER> <CENTER><A HREF="mailto:snipe21@ssth.com"><font face="Georgia Ref"size="2"color="#8B816E">Email Me</font></center><CENTER> <CENTER><A HREF="http://www.ubi.com/US/Info/TermsOfUse.htm"><font face="Georgia Ref"size="2"color="#FFFF00">UBI/Terms of Use</font></center><CENTER><CENTER><A HREF="http://www.ubi.com/US/CommunityZone/Forums/guidelines"><font face="Georgia Ref"size="2"color="#FFFF00">Forum Guidelines</font></center><CENTER>

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 10:18 AM
Thoramir wrote:

- (Oh God, I'm turning British)

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif oi!!!



Snipe21 wrote:

- To Thor,

- On the unbanning of members I must stress that most gamers or members of these forums do not see the behind scenes antics of people who have been banned or the lead up to them getting banned. I'm not defending any mods decision but mealy pointing out that there is some pretty ruff stuff that goes on. The GR forum is pretty good with it's members and I hope that this will continue this way


i think thats why Thor said that all mods should be involved with the decision snipe /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<center>http://www.ireland1.plus.com/images/min3.bmp
<CENTER><font color="#009999"><U>XBL gamertag = M1NeRvA</U></font></CENTER>

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 01:21 PM
I can't speak for all situations, as you have already said we dont know what goes on behind the scenes. However i do know of one user in particualr woh has been banned by accident. when he approached the mod in question he was told it could have been becuase his IP was in a "range" that was banned. my point is (and pls bear in mind when i say this i dont know the process of banning so i could be way off lol) how often has that happened, have we lost users of the forum because of this problem. If we have it really should be sorted out.

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 01:33 PM
That would be great. But many people do eventually leave. I think the best idea would be to reintergrate the OT and Gen forum. That will create a larger more dynamic forum.

http://webhome.idirect.com/~nkirv/ASHcom%205%20alone3%20copy.jpg

Shut up when you talk to me.

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 05:06 PM
Oh yeah, and on the topic of new people missing posts could we see about someone fixing the posts moving to the top problem. The problem didn't show up until they 'fixed' the forum roughly about the same time they separated the OT and General in the first place.

<font color="red">Liberal Weenies! Tell it to someone who cares! Howard Dean perhaps? (http://www.actionforum.com/forum/?forum_id=223)</font>
http://p.xanga.com/AsianPrince213/profile.jpg
Return of the King. . . err, Prince.

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 09:47 PM
I wasn't here in the early days - I've only had the game about 7 months, but here is my input:

You're all nuts! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

I'd think the combining of OT and GD would confound things. If GR2 is a reality, just as other, newer games pulled people away from GR, so will GR2 pull <s>fickle</s> people away from other games and these forums will jump to life again. In this scenario a lot of people who are asking to recombine the two will want them separated later because of activity (shame on you /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif ). Also, having a lot of changes back-and-forth may appear as instability to some and may turn people away because RSE/Ubi 'can't get their act together'.

While on the topic of banning, ms-kleaneasy brings up an excellent point. Many of us (I assume) have dynamic IP addresses so the only way to filter out a schmuck is to ban a range. I was never affected by that here, but, interestingly enough, this semester I am thrust into a group project /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif (damn social loafers I have to pick up the slack...). One of the group members gave her work e-mail address out for contact/collaboration. When I sent out an e-mail hers bounced because my IP address for that 'lease period' was in a range that her company had banned because of SPAMing (digger69, are you trying to make Veteran there too?). I've found a <s>sneak around</s> work around, but it still annoying and a little insulting. I don't have a solution because I suspect that many ISPs don't care if their members act up on one game forum, but there's the complaint, anyway.

As for unbanning that must be done carefully. One of the reasons I (and many others) believe we have so much recidivism in the US is because of light sentences. If people are banned and know that they will be unbanned after their sentence expires they might be more likely to 'act up'. I'm sure the mods can come up with some kind of 'code of laws' with a schedule of punishments though. Maybe even claim that some offenses will bring permanent bans, but have a secret, behind-the-scenes understanding that it's not completely permanent. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

As far as cheats go: the legitimate clans take care of that on a case-by-case basis. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Many (most?) of you have been here longer than me so y'all probably know better than I about recruiting, but why not have a forum for that? GR.net has one, don't they? Let them flame - a better way for people to see who is 'bad' and stay away from. Maybe have a disclaimer or extra clauses for the particular forum. I know my clan wouldn't tolerate me acting up if I had my clan sig and obviously identifiable tag in a forum and was acting like a [Expletive Deleted] and would get warned/expelled depending on the level of the behavior. If someone from the Kold Killerz Badd Boyz Knockin' 'Em Out the Box clan acted up, the behavior was brought to the attention of the KKBBKEOB leadership and they did nothing then they would be a clan from which to stay away. Take, for example, snipe21's clan the Cocky Quokkas their membership has dwindled since the unfortuanate knickers soiling incident of 02... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

<LEFT>http://web.wt.net/~bucko/SniperICO.jpg <LEFT>

Don't try to run away - you'll only die tired.

Message Edited on 11/02/03 06:37PM by BuckoM

Message Edited on 11/03/0305:04PM by amdrocks

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 10:07 PM
BuckoM wrote:
-
- While on the topic of banning MiNeRvA brings up an
- excellent point.

although i like to be right....that wasnt me /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<center>http://www.ireland1.plus.com/images/min3.bmp
<CENTER><font color="#009999"><U>XBL gamertag = M1NeRvA</U></font></CENTER>

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 10:45 PM
*** currently isn't filtered out. No one is suggesting that all bans should be lifted after x amount of time. If it's up to moderator discretion then you never know if you'll be priviledged enough to come back. Most people who really come back to harass people come back from a different IP and name and banning them really doesn't do that much good. The mods have contacted ISPs for certain individuals (more than 1 ISP for a certain individual) and that seems to keep the really bad ones away, since they have to keep changing ISPs.

Edit: You'll also note that I modified my suggestion of recombining the forums in a later posts, so that people who need help can get it.

<font color="red">Liberal Weenies! Tell it to someone who cares! Howard Dean perhaps? (http://www.actionforum.com/forum/?forum_id=223)</font>
http://p.xanga.com/AsianPrince213/profile.jpg
Return of the King. . . err, Prince.


Message Edited on 11/02/03 04:50PM by Thoramir

Message Edited on 11/02/0304:54PM by Thoramir

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 10:58 PM
MiNeRvA. wrote:
- BuckoM wrote:
--
-- While on the topic of banning MiNeRvA brings up an
-- excellent point.
-
- although i like to be right....that wasnt me /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

I see that it was the post below yours. I fixed it...

<LEFT>http://web.wt.net/~bucko/SniperICO.jpg <LEFT>

Don't try to run away - you'll only die tired.

Message Edited on 11/02/0306:37PM by BuckoM

XyZspineZyX
11-03-2003, 03:49 AM
My sympathies tend to lie with much of what Thor stated, at least where it pertains to banning. I too would like to see some of the regulars return. But, alas, people move on and it is sometimes difficult to work up any enthusiasm for that return. Out of sight out of mind, perhaps. I do, however miss many that once prowled these forums.

I come here often to read, less to respond. I know few here anymore, and It is hard to "Break" in again.
If I can strike a note again with some and find a kindrid spirit or two, perhaps i can return and become , once again, a working part of this. I hope so:

Good to see you guys taking an interest in this place. I am confident that it can be as it once was.

Take Care All:

Leep Out:

http://www.arach.net.au/~allanb/gr/leep/LEEP3.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-03-2003, 04:20 AM
along with what leep said....how many of those who were banned do you think would actually wanna come back after all this time...?


leep, dont worry jump right on in... u did it once, you can do it again....

<font face="verdana" size="0" color="00aa00">-Matt
<center>http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-4/159002/raft.jpg</center>
<center>FK-CLAUDE</center>>

XyZspineZyX
11-03-2003, 04:51 AM
<FONT COLOR="Lime">Edit: Drop it</FONT>



I think the only thing that will really revive the forum is GR2 making the scene. Then it will be chaos in here. There could be a revival of sorts I guess but that all depends on if some of the old timers want to jump back in the scene like Leep eluded to.

As far as allowing some of the "perma bans" back I dont think it would make that much of a difference because theres not that many of them and most of the ones there were banned by someone other than myself. If they wanted to reverse their decision I would think theyd do so. Besides, most of them have prolly skirted the ban by now.

And as far as needing more mods. There are 6 now for GR, though 4 of them spend most of their time in RvS Im sure that will change when GR2 comes out.

Clans: Most all of them have their own forums and tend to stick close to um. Of course something like a tourney would be great but that would be a job for the Community Manager and I dont think GR 1 is a top priority at this time /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

The IP Forum: Im really not sure what kind of traffic it pulls (not being a "posting" forum) without looking at statistics which were not privy to /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif but Im sure it still serves for some, maybe more than we know.

I guess some might get tired of the colors but I doubt that will change, it may be that the entire forum may change before that /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Im not poo-poon your ideas just offering my view. Like snipe said, they can be brought up before the powers that be and some of them already have, several times /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif .


<FONT COLOR="Lime">UbiSoft/GR Forum Moderator</FONT>
<font face="verdana" size="1" color="orange">ICQ:158984699</font>
Email Me (johnpain@ssth.com)
<FONT COLOR="red"><U>UBI-Terms of Use</U> (http://www.ubi.com/US/Info/TermsOfUse.htm)</font>
<FONT COLOR="yellow"><U>Forum Guidelines</U> (http://www.ubi.com/US/CommunityZone/Forums/guidelines)</font>

Message Edited on 11/03/0305:11PM by amdrocks

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 05:50 AM
yeah GR2 is the only thing that is gonna revive this place i think.

once it does. even the ot and general forums will be jumping and will need to stay seperate.

i agree with the colors tho. they've been here since this thing has launched.

need to at least make it match the home page

http://teamvf.com/sigs/ghostfaced.jpg

http://digitalreject.com/images/mb.gif (http://digitalreject.com)

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 06:55 PM
GhostFaced wrote:
- yeah GR2 is the only thing that is gonna revive this
- place i think.


Yes, and No. GR 2 is the only thing that will make this place anything resembling the way it was. I'm not talking about that. I belong to other forums where there are no new games coming out to inspire new interest and they are doing a helluva lot better than this place, and they've been around longer too. Will we get lots of new traffic when Ghost Recon 2 comes out? Yes. Do we have as many people here now as we could have? Probably Not. How do I know? 80% of the people I can think of that used to post here are still posting somewhere. VF's forums, SSTH's forums, BP's forums, Rabbid Saint's forums, RAV's forums, the various ladders' forums (Edit: And you can add The Platoon's and GR.net's forums too that count too).

All of these groups are still playing Ghost Recon (some more than others), they're still talking too. But they're not talking here. Why? Probably because they don't see enough value in spending their time here.

Do we need a new game to stimulate ANY amount of new interest in this site? No.

How do I know this? Because a forum dedicated to fly fishing in the not-so-big state of Maine can generate 4 times the amount of traffic this place gets at it's slowest times of the year, which don't neccisarily co-incide with the off-season.

A forum dedicated to carnivorous plants grew at least 10 times larger since I joined these forums.

You're telling me that the most exciting computer game I've ever played can't generate more interest than a carnivorous plant? Ghost Recon has probably earned UBIsoft more money in the last year than carnivorous plants have earned the entire carnivorous plant industry in the last 10-15 years.

Sure, we'll get a lot of new people IF Ghost Recon 2 ever comes out, but how long can we expect them to stay? Ghost Recon 2 won't be new forever.

Even if we only attract five more people this forum will be at least 5 times more interesting, it doesn't take that much to improve the atmosphere in here.

Hell, the RvS forum gets a heck of a lot more traffic than this place and few of those there actually likes Raven Shield.


P.S.

You might have 6 moderators on your list but who are we kidding? I count 2. Sure Witness will probably come back if Ghost Recon 2 comes out but odds are we'll never see Pope or Icky again, and we never really saw much of Volkan anyway. The only reason we have moderators here now is because I decided to ask Wit to bring in some new mods to curb all the cursing that people were getting away with (particularly in the General forum) and that we could improve the situation, since then this place is doing a lot better. I think it could be doing better still, but I don't expect or even want it to be like the old days. Besides, I also said we didn't need more moderators yet.

<font color="red">Liberal Weenies! Tell it to someone who cares! Howard Dean perhaps? (http://www.actionforum.com/forum/?forum_id=223)</font>
http://p.xanga.com/AsianPrince213/profile.jpg
Return of the King. . . err, Prince.


Message Edited on 11/04/03 01:05PM by Thoramir

Message Edited on 11/04/0301:07PM by Thoramir

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 07:34 PM
Does anyone have any more ideas or improvement to the ones a I gave (other than saying it's no use).

<font color="red">Liberal Weenies! Tell it to someone who cares! Howard Dean perhaps? (http://www.actionforum.com/forum/?forum_id=223)</font>
http://p.xanga.com/AsianPrince213/profile.jpg
Return of the King. . . err, Prince.

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 09:41 PM
Thoramir wrote:
-The only reason we
- have moderators here now is because I decided to ask
- Wit to bring in some new mods

Without going into details thats not how my mod position came into being /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif Though it wouldnt have without the approval of all mods involved with these forums. And I have the utmost respect for Wit...but thats deviating from your topic.


Thoramir wrote:
-(other than saying it's no use).

I hope you didnt gather that from my comments because thats not what I was trying to say. I wouldnt mind at all if the GR forums are revived somewhat, maybe we can start a carnivorous plant section /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<FONT COLOR="Lime">UbiSoft/GR Forum Moderator</FONT>
<font face="verdana" size="1" color="orange">ICQ:158984699</font>
Email Me (johnpain@ssth.com)
<FONT COLOR="red"><U>UBI-Terms of Use</U> (http://www.ubi.com/US/Info/TermsOfUse.htm)</font>
<FONT COLOR="yellow"><U>Forum Guidelines</U> (http://www.ubi.com/US/CommunityZone/Forums/guidelines)</font>

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 10:08 PM
amdrocks wrote:
- Thoramir wrote:
--The only reason we
-- have moderators here now is because I decided to ask
-- Wit to bring in some new mods
-
- Without going into details thats not how my mod
- position came into being /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif Though it wouldnt have without
- the approval of all mods involved with these
- forums. And I have the utmost respect for Wit...but
- thats deviating from your topic.

Perhaps it was a coincidence but I did ask if we could get some more moderation here (General was getting full of cursing), and he said he had his hands full in RvS. So I suggested the addition of another mod, his reply was that he'd see what he could do (or something similar) and I was happy to see that you were brought on a couple days later. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif That said, I don't know the details, but I had assumed Wit listened since he told me he'd get something done about it. Edit: Hmm, I also shouldn't have said the 'only reason' a bit more smart alecky than I intended.

- Thoramir wrote:
--(other than saying it's no use).
-
- I hope you didnt gather that from my comments
- because thats not what I was trying to say. I
- wouldnt mind at all if the GR forums are revived
- somewhat, maybe we can start a carnivorous plant
- section /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

I was thinking more of what Ghost Faced said, he seemed a little more pessimistic. I guess his post wasn't really pessimistic, but he did say that the 'only thing' that will help this place out would be GR 2.

<font color="red">Liberal Weenies! Tell it to someone who cares! Howard Dean perhaps? (http://www.actionforum.com/forum/?forum_id=223)</font>



Message Edited on 11/04/03 04:24PM by Thoramir

Message Edited on 11/04/0304:27PM by Thoramir

XyZspineZyX
11-05-2003, 04:14 PM
moo

cows will solve everything

http://webhome.idirect.com/~nkirv/ASHcom%205%20alone3%20copy.jpg

Shut up when you talk to me.

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 01:30 AM
Haha Ash/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif


Thoramir wrote:
- Yes, and No. GR 2 is the only thing that will make
- this place anything resembling the way it was. I'm
- not talking about that. I belong to other forums
- where there are no new games coming out to inspire
- new interest and they are doing a helluva lot better
- than this place, and they've been around longer too.
- Will we get lots of new traffic when Ghost Recon 2
- comes out? Yes. Do we have as many people here now
- as we could have? Probably Not. How do I know? 80%
- of the people I can think of that used to post here
- are still posting somewhere. VF's forums, SSTH's
- forums, BP's forums, Rabbid Saint's forums, RAV's
- forums, the various ladders' forums (Edit: And you
- can add The Platoon's and GR.net's forums too that
- count too).



Thor sybaritegal for along time tried to get me to move to GR.net and after along time I did sign up for an account. I always visited there along with a number of other forums and posted but UBI forum was my home. I make the odd comment on three other forums but I just found that I was more use here so I have stayed. Nothing wrong with going to another forum but I guess now that GR is pushing 3 years old and some of the old forum posters have found there new home and drop in from time to time here.

Forums do keep games alive and I have found many friends here. I have no need to move but I for one couldn't agree more with you that this forum needs a face lift and new strategy to keep those that post here around./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<CENTER><font face="Georgia Ref"size="3"color="#8B816E">UBISoft/GR Forum Moderator</font></center><CENTER> <CENTER><A HREF="mailto:snipe21@ssth.com"><font face="Georgia Ref"size="2"color="#8B816E">Email Me</font></center><CENTER> <CENTER><A HREF="http://www.ubi.com/US/Info/TermsOfUse.htm"><font face="Georgia Ref"size="2"color="#FFFF00">UBI/Terms of Use</font></center><CENTER><CENTER><A HREF="http://www.ubi.com/US/CommunityZone/Forums/guidelines"><font face="Georgia Ref"size="2"color="#FFFF00">Forum Guidelines</font></center><CENTER>

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 02:48 AM
Actually it came out two years ago this month (November 8th if I recall). I know it seems like forever though. You weren't one of those naughty bastards who had an illegal beta copy, were you? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Does anyone else have any ideas to help this place out that I didn't think of?

<font color="red">Liberal Weenies! Tell it to someone who cares! Howard Dean perhaps? (http://www.actionforum.com/forum/?forum_id=223)</font>

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 03:36 AM
I'm not sure unbanning people would help much. If they left GR at the same rate as others seem to have, very few of an already small number would return. I do miss some of them, but some were given much more latitude than usual because of their contributions here, and still went too far.

Still, I don't know what would revive things here (short of more prancing, of course /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif )


A man only needs one rectum. - F. Salter, "Recon Scout"

http://www.justresting.com/pictures/JustResting.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 04:05 AM
cobaka wrote:
- I'm not sure unbanning people would help much. If
- they left GR at the same rate as others seem to
- have, very few of an already small number would
- return. I do miss some of them, but some were given
- much more latitude than usual because of their
- contributions here, and still went too far.
-
- Still, I don't know what would revive things here
- (short of more prancing, of course /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif )

Really, of all the ideas I presented, that's the one I care about least. It was mainly there because I noticed that some people were put off by what they thought were excessive bans.


<font color="red">Liberal Weenies! Tell it to someone who cares! Howard Dean perhaps? (http://www.actionforum.com/forum/?forum_id=223)</font>

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 05:54 AM
There are 8 sections to these forums none of which move real well.

Surely some of them could be combined again, so when new guys drop in at least the place will look a little bit more alive, having said that I don't know which ones you could combine...

I'd like to see

Mod Forum
Strategy & Tactics Forum
OT forum
General Discussion Forum.......at least combined! I included the mod forum because mods are what is keeping GR alive right now.


How many new guys are taking it personally when their threads are locked because they have posted it in the wrong section? A simple mistake, and the lock is not a very good introduction to the forum. They will surely hesitate at posting again... you can see that happening now.



Dev Forum
Server Listing Forum
Console forum
Technical Support Forum... as for these I'm not sure..

http://www.arach.net.au/~allanb/gr/digger6991.jpg
<font size=-2>One more post towards "Veteran" /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
<font color="FFFF00">I would like to introduce my favourite little emoticon http://www.arach.net.au/~allanb/gr/pac1.gif I call her Pac Min. Yer, she has a problem keeping her mouth closed, but I wouldn't have it any other way...</font>
<font size=-2 color="97C9FF">Disclaimer:
Please be advised that the above post may contain traces of humour. If you suffer any adverse reactions to humour, stay calm, elevate any areas of swelling and/or ulcerations and promptly call the poisons information line...
</Font>


Message Edited on 11/06/0312:57PM by digger69

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 11:30 AM
i think we should all have a party /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

just a thought lol

thing is your all gonna have to start sleeping at proper times cos i end up talkin to myself which is kinda off putting :'(

<center>http://www.ireland1.plus.com/images/min3.bmp
<CENTER><font color="#009999"><U>XBL gamertag = M1NeRvA</U></font></CENTER>

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 12:10 PM
We do sleep at proper times, its these oddballs who dont /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Liquid

"Dont be fooled Timmy, if the cow had a chance he'd kill you and everyone you love"

Most Looking forward to :-
http://www.ireland1.plus.com/images/FSW.jpg (http://www.fullspectrumwarrior.com)

XBL comedy club presents:-
"Don't forget, if you use the binoculars, you can't get a very good gun"
"Shut your British mouth and lets play"
"Threat indicator, That is so G*Y"
"Okay, it just makes it easier for me to kill you"

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 01:25 PM
I think they could let us post soft core porn to begin with.

GO NUDE GNOME RECON!





http://webhome.idirect.com/~nkirv/ASHcom%205%20alone3%20copy.jpg

Shut up when you talk to me.

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 06:51 PM
ASHcom wrote:
- I think they could let us post soft core porn to
- begin with.
-
- GO NUDE GNOME RECON!
-

eeeeewww not really my thing......how about giving away free flights to everyone who makes veteran? (sorry digger you'll have to stay where u r) /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

<center>http://www.ireland1.plus.com/images/min3.bmp
<CENTER><font color="#009999"><U>XBL gamertag = M1NeRvA</U></font></CENTER>

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 11:38 PM
digger69 wrote:
- How many new guys are taking it personally when
- their threads are locked because they have posted it
- in the wrong section? A simple mistake, and the lock
- is not a very good introduction to the forum. They
- will surely hesitate at posting again... you can see
- that happening now.

Good point digger but it has to be done and I probably dont handle it as well as I could. When we have a few more tools to do the job then it can be handled in a much better way. Stay tuned /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif .

<FONT COLOR="Lime">UbiSoft/GR Forum Moderator</FONT>
<font face="verdana" size="1" color="orange">ICQ:158984699</font>
Email Me (johnpain@ssth.com)
<FONT COLOR="red"><U>UBI-Terms of Use</U> (http://www.ubi.com/US/Info/TermsOfUse.htm)</font>
<FONT COLOR="yellow"><U>Forum Guidelines</U> (http://www.ubi.com/US/CommunityZone/Forums/guidelines)</font>

<FONT COLOR="red"><U>SevenSteps Forum</U> (http://ssth.com/forums)</font>

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 01:39 AM
More tools? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<font color="red">Liberal Weenies! Tell it to someone who cares! Howard Dean perhaps? (http://www.actionforum.com/forum/?forum_id=223)</font>

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 01:51 AM
Thoramir wrote:
- More tools? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif I thought he said there were 6 of them..

AMD wrote:
Good point digger but it has to be done and I probably dont handle it as well as I could. When we have a few more tools to do the job then it can be handled in a much better way. Stay tuned .


I think you guys do a good job at it... you don't have to explain your actions but you do. Most new posters would have hung around for a while before posting, they think they know how it works, post and it gets locked....


If we combined a few boards it would be less likely to happen. Lets face it a combined board is not going to get snowed under!


http://www.arach.net.au/~allanb/gr/digger6991.jpg
<font size=-2>One more post towards "Veteran" /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
<font color="FFFF00">I would like to introduce my favourite little emoticon http://www.arach.net.au/~allanb/gr/pac1.gif I call her Pac Min. Yer, she has a problem keeping her mouth closed, but I wouldn't have it any other way...</font>
<font size=-2 color="97C9FF">Disclaimer:
Please be advised that the above post may contain traces of humour. If you suffer any adverse reactions to humour, stay calm, elevate any areas of swelling and/or ulcerations and promptly call the poisons information line...
</Font>

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 02:19 AM
Digger we listen too hence GD forum lol/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<CENTER>http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~tarkas/Snipe21.jpg <CENTER>
<CENTER><font face="Georgia Ref"size="3"color="#8B816E">UBISoft/GR Forum Moderator</font></center><CENTER> <CENTER><A HREF="mailto:snipe21@ssth.com"><font face="Georgia Ref"size="2"color="#8B816E">Email Me</font></center><CENTER> <CENTER><A HREF="http://www.ubi.com/US/Info/TermsOfUse.htm"><font face="Georgia Ref"size="2"color="#FFFF00">UBI/Terms of Use</font></center><CENTER><CENTER><A HREF="http://www.ubi.com/US/CommunityZone/Forums/guidelines"><font face="Georgia Ref"size="2"color="#FFFF00">Forum Guidelines</font></center><CENTER>

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 07:41 PM
Dang-wrote this once and it dissappeared.:

Well-here goes again:

I have a dream today, that all will be well and all the old timers will come back- past sins forgiven- (raises hand with drink in fist and toasts the dream.)

I have a dream that new blood will be infused - new people that will hold true the same vision and principles that we once did- I have a dream today , people.

I have a dream that we will be judged by the content of our posts, and that Mods will be kindler and gentler, but firm when the situation calls for firmness. And, here at least, that light shines through clear and bright.

I have a dream, (shakes head sadly) that those that have gone on- you know who they are- will some day pause, read a post or two, and discover that what they have been yearning for, what has been missing in their lives, was here all the time. I have a dream today.

And, the forum will blossom again with witticisms, and thoughtfull discourse, and yes issues that bring out the best in us- Ghost, Helo- Arach- many, many others, that kept this forum and dream alive.

( sighs heavily, walks slowly into kitchen, sounds of a cap twisting off, crunching sounds, walking back to keyboard and sits back down at computer, sighs once again)

It seems that what I thought was a dream is only indigestion: /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

But- there is always tomorrow: /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif


Leep Out:

http://www.arach.net.au/~allanb/gr/leep/LEEP3.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 12:35 PM
Leep wrote:
- Dang-wrote this once and it dissappeared.:

I hate it when that happens! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

-I have a dream that we will be judged by the content of our posts,


Ummm, in my case thats not a good idea....


Ghost, Helo- - Arach- many, many others, that kept this forum and dream alive.


If you take a look at the RvS forums, theres a lot of the "old regs" over there!





http://www.arach.net.au/~allanb/gr/digger6991.jpg
<font size=-2>One more post towards "Veteran" /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
<font color="FFFF00">I would like to introduce my favourite little emoticon http://www.arach.net.au/~allanb/gr/pac1.gif I call her Pac Min. Yer, she has a problem keeping her mouth closed, but I wouldn't have it any other way...</font>
<font size=-2 color="97C9FF">Disclaimer:
Please be advised that the above post may contain traces of humour. If you suffer any adverse reactions to humour, stay calm, elevate any areas of swelling and/or ulcerations and promptly call the poisons information line...
</Font>

XyZspineZyX
11-15-2003, 01:12 PM
The general forum is showing some signs of reviving now. All it took was one rumor about GR2's release.

http://kotisivu.dnainternet.net/ir25/images/4sec_v2_png.png

XyZspineZyX
11-15-2003, 09:30 PM
I could come here more often, if it would help /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://www.desiredfx.net/sigs/files/furiousgopher.jpg
<FONT COLOR="#B8860B">[b]<font size="1">Don't Make The Gopher Furious
Forum Gopher

XyZspineZyX
11-16-2003, 12:23 AM
I need my own forum. JP?

http://home.comcast.net/~cjmello63/ravcjsig2.jpg

<font color="red"/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif RAV= (http://www.raraavises.net)</font>
<font color="orange">ӡJMLL¸63</font>

http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/

XyZspineZyX
11-16-2003, 04:28 AM
CJMello63 wrote:
- I need my own forum. JP?


Can I come too? The Swinging Nuts can swing again. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I'm not crazy, I'm just Insano.

XyZspineZyX
11-18-2003, 05:03 AM
I want to start my own Smurfs forum. WHO'S WITH ME?

-----------------

<font color="ffae00">Sportsguy AKA Sportsmurf
http://www.smurf.com/cgi-bin/rand_strip.cgi </font>

Moderator - cfbtalk.com > Think you know College Football? Well, show us what you've got - Michael "Sportsguy" Gabucci

<font color="ffae00">Disclaimer:
Unlike Digger, my post contains no traces of humor whatsoever. On a humor scale to 1-10, I would rate around a -58. If you are looking for something funny however, go talk to Snipe. I hear he smells funny.
</Font>

XyZspineZyX
11-18-2003, 05:22 AM
Sportsguy1521 wrote:
- I want to start my own Smurfs forum. WHO'S WITH ME?



/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif .... your on your own buddy!

http://www.arach.net.au/~allanb/gr/digger6991.jpg
<font size=-2>One more post towards "Veteran" /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
<font color="FFFF00">I would like to introduce my favourite little emoticon http://www.arach.net.au/~allanb/gr/pac1.gif I call her Pac Min. Yer, she has a problem keeping her mouth closed, but I wouldn't have it any other way...</font>
<font size=-2 color="97C9FF">Disclaimer:
Please be advised that the above post may contain traces of humour. If you suffer any adverse reactions to humour, stay calm, elevate any areas of swelling and/or ulcerations and promptly call the poisons information line...
</Font>

XyZspineZyX
11-18-2003, 08:56 AM
Sportsguy1521 wrote:
- I want to start my own Smurfs forum. WHO'S WITH ME?

All quiet on the eastern front.

http://kotisivu.dnainternet.net/ir25/images/4sec_v2_png.png

XyZspineZyX
11-18-2003, 10:30 AM
awwwwwww poor sportsguy.....i'll come...if u want me to that is lol /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

<center>http://www.ireland1.plus.com/images/min3.bmp
<CENTER><font color="#009999"><U>XBL gamertag = M1NeRvA</U></font></CENTER>

XyZspineZyX
11-19-2003, 05:24 AM
The more the merrier. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

-----------------

<font color="ffae00">Sportsguy AKA Sportsmurf
http://www.smurf.com/cgi-bin/rand_strip.cgi </font>

Moderator - cfbtalk.com > Think you know College Football? Well, show us what you've got - Michael "Sportsguy" Gabucci

<font color="ffae00">Disclaimer:
Unlike Digger, my post contains no traces of humor whatsoever. On a humor scale to 1-10, I would rate around a -58. If you are looking for something funny however, go talk to Snipe. I hear he smells funny.
</Font>

XyZspineZyX
11-20-2003, 04:39 AM
yay!! so whats involved in smurf forums anyway? and more to the point....do i get to be forum pet??

<center>http://www.ireland1.plus.com/images/min3.bmp
<CENTER><font color="#009999"><U>XBL gamertag = M1NeRvA</U></font></CENTER>

XyZspineZyX
11-20-2003, 05:15 AM
Well it looks like this forum is getting a lot more active /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif



It just had a little comma for a few months /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<center><FONT COLOR="#B8860B">[b]<font size="1">http://www.desiredfx.net/sigs/files/furiousgopher.jpg
Don't Make The Gopher Furious
Forum Gopher

XyZspineZyX
11-20-2003, 09:35 PM
Thoramir wrote:
- More tools?

Everyone will see soon enough ! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif


@ CJ and Insano: Now theres an idea !!! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

<FONT COLOR="Lime">UbiSoft/GR Forum Moderator</FONT>
<font face="verdana" size="1" color="orange">ICQ:158984699</font>
Email Me (johnpain@ssth.com)
<FONT COLOR="red"><U>UBI-Terms of Use</U> (http://www.ubi.com/US/Info/TermsOfUse.htm)</font>
<FONT COLOR="yellow"><U>Forum Guidelines</U> (http://www.ubi.com/US/CommunityZone/Forums/guidelines)</font>

<FONT COLOR="red"><U>SevenSteps Forum</U> (http://ssth.com/forums)</font>