PDA

View Full Version : Auto-aim in MP

Killgood145
02-02-2004, 08:17 AM
Why with the update do I now have auto-aim? Before the update there was no auto-aim at all in team survival and now there is. People can now "lock-on" to you while you are behind walls. I know that not everyone has noticed the auto-aim but when you do you can't ignore it. This has now taken a lot of the skill out of the game, and now grenades arent as effective. You can't throw a grenade in front of somebody because it always auto aims at somebody. So my questions are: Why did ubi put it in, and are they going to take it out?

Killgood145
02-02-2004, 08:17 AM
Why with the update do I now have auto-aim? Before the update there was no auto-aim at all in team survival and now there is. People can now "lock-on" to you while you are behind walls. I know that not everyone has noticed the auto-aim but when you do you can't ignore it. This has now taken a lot of the skill out of the game, and now grenades arent as effective. You can't throw a grenade in front of somebody because it always auto aims at somebody. So my questions are: Why did ubi put it in, and are they going to take it out?

MrBisto
02-02-2004, 08:34 AM
I think you are imagining things my friend.

Killgood145
02-02-2004, 09:04 AM
there really is if you don't believe me put me on your friends list and i'll show you. Gamertag is Killgood.

doobus48174
02-02-2004, 09:11 AM
dude....that has been there

AtomicOverkill
02-02-2004, 12:17 PM
Anything with in the red circle is auto aimed. Thats just the way the game was made, live with it. its not like it really helps much.

http://home.comcast.net/~davedreams/hsx_images/AtomicOverkill.gif

.BulletTooth.
02-02-2004, 12:54 PM
I believe "Auto-Aim" would be a server option, in which they have to turn it off. That has always been the case with the Rainbow Six games (i.e. the PC versions) being that the server administrator controls whether Auto Aim is enabled or not. Perhaps you were playing on a server that had AA enabled.

BulletTooth

<font size="1" font color="#319A00">Casey 'BulletTooth' Keefe</font>
<font size="1" font color=white>Community Manager - Tom Clancy</font>
<font size="1" font color="#319A00">NAFCSC - SF Chapter</font>

<font size="1">"This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality. Embrace this moment, remember we are eternal, all this pain is an illusion." -Maynard James Keenan</font>

Xkrypton
02-02-2004, 01:45 PM
dude, WTF ? i never played with AUTO AIM, and even when i HOST games i've never seen that AA option? is it just me ? are you guys talking about XBOX ?

Man_Berries
02-02-2004, 03:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BulletTooth.50:
I believe "Auto-Aim" would be a server option, in which they have to turn it off. That has always been the case with the Rainbow Six games (i.e. the PC versions) being that the server administrator controls whether Auto Aim is enabled or not. Perhaps you were playing on a server that had AA enabled.

BulletTooth

_&lt;font size="1" font color="#319A00"&gt;Casey 'BulletTooth' Keefe&lt;/font&gt;_
_&lt;font size="1" font color=white&gt;Community Manager - Tom Clancy&lt;/font&gt;_
_&lt;font size="1" font color="#319A00"&gt;NAFCSC - SF Chapter&lt;/font&gt;_

_&lt;font size="1"&gt;"This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality. Embrace this moment, remember we are eternal, all this pain is an illusion." -Maynard James Keenan&lt;/font&gt;_<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just Curious Bullet have you even played Rainbow SIx 3 for Xbox?

.BulletTooth.
02-02-2004, 03:23 PM
Yes, before the reset I was at 156 hours of XBL play. However, I have NOT provided a server nor have I played with the server admin tools, hence my question that it might be an option in the admin tools. Go troll somewhere else...

BulletTooth

<font size="1" font color="#319A00">Casey 'BulletTooth' Keefe</font>
<font size="1" font color=white>Community Manager - Tom Clancy</font>
<font size="1" font color="#319A00">NAFCSC - SF Chapter</font>

<font size="1">"This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality. Embrace this moment, remember we are eternal, all this pain is an illusion." -Maynard James Keenan</font>

XyZspineZyX
02-02-2004, 08:52 PM
Why do people insist on trying to flame you

XBL Gamertag: RoaringMad Mac
What is best in Life?
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!"

http://home.insightbb.com/~jbullock/MC02.jpg

HybriX_maZ
02-02-2004, 09:09 PM
There is definately no way to change any "auo-aim" settings. None whatsoever. I also have not noticed any auto-aim really. That's the good thing about this kind of FPS, the crosshair cannot move unless you move your character, hence the crosshair always being in the middle of the screen. In games like GoldenEye the crosshair could move around freely. These games also had autoaim as an option. It was also a much needed option. The PC style is a lot better, which is why I think many console FPS are now using it instead.

http://www.gamecomplex.com/images/other/sig.jpg (http://www.gamecomplex.com)

XBOX_PLAYBOY
02-03-2004, 03:22 AM
The reticle has a target area! Auto-Aim is not an XBOX feature at all!