PDA

View Full Version : PunkBuster problem with Pandora Tomorrow.

return2sender
03-24-2004, 05:56 PM
Well, I bought PT today and with the installation, it asked me to download PunkBuster and I did. I didn't have it installed before.. but anyways. The first few times, PB worked and I remember seeing an option to turn it on and off. But later on tonight I noticed that I couldn't enter games with PB enabled and I couldn't find the box to check yes for the life of me. I also checked in the game directory and the PB documents are in there. So can anyone tell me why I'm having this problem and/or how to fix it?

Thanks.

return2sender
03-24-2004, 05:56 PM
Well, I bought PT today and with the installation, it asked me to download PunkBuster and I did. I didn't have it installed before.. but anyways. The first few times, PB worked and I remember seeing an option to turn it on and off. But later on tonight I noticed that I couldn't enter games with PB enabled and I couldn't find the box to check yes for the life of me. I also checked in the game directory and the PB documents are in there. So can anyone tell me why I'm having this problem and/or how to fix it?

Thanks.

Fortifi
03-24-2004, 05:57 PM
Buddy, everyone is having this problem. Just gotta sit tight and wait 'till Ubi does something about it.

johnny-zero
03-24-2004, 05:59 PM
should read the other threads posted already, add your voice to them so they are noticed, also post under the punkbuster thread in the tech support forum

return2sender
03-24-2004, 06:00 PM
Haha word, I just scrolled down and saw that long thread with peeps having the same problem. My bad. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

return2sender
03-24-2004, 06:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by johnny-zero:
should read the other threads posted already, add your voice to them so they are noticed, also post under the punkbuster thread in the tech support forum<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will do.

bigdman0711
03-24-2004, 06:09 PM
I'm sorry you comp users are having this problem. This is one of the reasons I chose Xbox Live over PC. Right now, the only bug in XBL is where one player doesn't always join the game from the lobby. They're probably gonna fix this soon. BTW, Ubi, Punkbuster is a good idea, since some hack can and will come along, but if you're gonna do it, do it right. Comp users don't need this problem 2 days after they get the game.

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffin' glue."

-That guy from Airplane

HarvenDEJ
03-24-2004, 06:09 PM
I'm getting my copy tomorrow.. I assume this problem is only when trying to join a server using Punkbuster, correct? But joining a server not running it.. will work fine, yes?

Funcotron_Joe
03-24-2004, 06:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HarvenDEJ:
I'm getting my copy tomorrow.. I assume this problem is only when trying to join a server using Punkbuster, correct? But joining a server not running it.. will work fine, yes?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes thats right, but i dont think you gonna have alot of servers without PunkBuster. Why would the implement it then anyways if servers not going to use it. PB all the way, just fix the bug http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/351.gif

Fortifi
03-24-2004, 06:12 PM
No, you can't join crap after that punkbuster enable tick dissapears.

Funcotron_Joe
03-24-2004, 06:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fortifi:
No, you can't join crap after that punkbuster enable tick dissapears.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well probably because all the servers are PB ENABLED. I cant say it for sure cos i still dont have the game, but it should be easy to tell if the server has PB on or off.

Fortifi
03-24-2004, 06:16 PM
All of them have it on.

Razer_54
03-24-2004, 06:53 PM
How does PunkBuster work?

http://razer_54.250free.com/Images/razer.jpg
-------------------------
Feirong: "Do your worst!"
Sam: "Hm - will do."
-------------------------
"If people give their 2 cents, and get a penny for their thoughts, then someone is making money somewhere."

DEFX1980
03-24-2004, 07:20 PM
yes i have this issue. its a pretty annoying bug. i mean wth it vanishes. also now i have a cd key problem. saying my cd key is being used online. ??????? im not sure if this is because i re-install the game. but that shouldnt matter