PDA

View Full Version : stuck with the father

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2003, 11:26 AM
can somebody help me get past the father? I'm stuck here fore several days now.

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2003, 11:26 AM
can somebody help me get past the father? I'm stuck here fore several days now.

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2003, 02:51 PM
Just avoid the father (easier said than done), do the jump flip move over any bad guys that aren't blue and wall bounce jumps over any that are, smashing away with your sword all the time. If any of them block you it means they are about to hit you so either block or get the hell out of their way and pick on someone else.

If your health goes down, run to the pool at the far end - you have to be lucky but it is possible. When you're left with the father it is real easy to just jump flip over him and hack at him several times - keep doing it and he won't be able to retaliate.

I thought this was difficult at the time but belive me, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2003, 03:21 PM
I almost quit playing the game over this encounter. Up until this point, I had never lost a fight, and they really weren't all that tough. The problem was, I never really learned how to fight very well earlier on, and by the time you get here, you get your butt whooped.

Here are some things to help:
1) Press your "block" button (right click on the PC) and KEEP IT PRESSED. No one (except the father occasionally) can hit you while blocked. Keep moving, even if it is just in circles.

2) Learn to flip off the walls (and other vertical objects). This technique alone will get you through the game. Just get up against a wall, and press jump+jump, and you'll go flying over the head(s) of your enemy(s). Press your sword attack on the way down.

If it is the father, then he'll block you (until all the others are destroyed first). But if not, keep hitting with your sword - hit three times, then use the dagger to collect the sand.

If you surrounded when you land then just press and hold BLOCK and get back against the wall and do it again.

3) Repeat until everyone is dead.

Once I mastered this, everything afterward has been cake.

by the way, if you happen to meet up with an enemy who resists your wall flip, then press jump while running at them, and you'll flip over them the same way, but usually they don't resist both.

Good luck!

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2003, 04:01 PM
The only ones you cant flip over frontwards are the blue guys...all of them included...you must use the walls...and these guys will also swat at your feet and take you out that way...so roll side ways...or jump backwards to avoid that..they are the most annoying to kill and the hardest to beat.

All others you can flip over...girls can be a little ruthless...so dont let them get you from behind..but you can flip over them too from that position. The rest are wussies and pretty easy to kill.

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
PG

http://princeofpersia.proboards20.com/

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2003, 06:33 PM
thank you everybody

I hit the father for at least 50 times after I killed all the others and he stil didn't die.

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2003, 07:25 PM
Hmm, I am all thumbs so this has been taking me a while as well. The older ya get the harder these games are. At least for me anyhow.

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2003, 07:59 PM
the father will not die in my game. I have killed all the other sand creatures (17 I believe) and I hit him with de dagger at least 50 times. Every time I jump over him, I stab him with the dagger and a yellow light is shinning from his body, but he does not die. I 'm going to throw this game in the thrashcan if I don't pass this level fast.

What am I doing wrong?
Does somebody know ore can send somebody me the saved game just after you killed the father/monster?

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2003, 09:12 PM
I was never able to kill the dad that way...use your blade..not the dagger..dont use the dagger till he falls to the ground...then suck up his sand...and yes..you have to smack him quite a few times....get close to a wall and keep jumping over him....

Good luck

PG

http://princeofpersia.proboards20.com/

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2003, 09:57 PM
If you jump flip over the father and the he spins around to face you and you see a yellow flash, then you *didn't* hit him. He blocked you.

When you hit him, he'll scream in agony, and arch back, etc. Just like the other guys typically do.

He actually doesn't take that many hits to kill (contrary to popular belief). I killed him in about 10+ seconds, and I'll tell ya how...

I got into a corner with him. I jump flipped, and managed to score a hit. Since I was in a corner, I was near a wall already (when I landed from the last jump), and didn't have to walk around him to get to the wall again, which normally gives him recovery time. So while he was still reeling from the last hit, I was already jump flipping off the wall again - hit - jump - hit, etc. Back and forth, from wall to wall in the corner. He was dead so fast *I* almost hit the floor in amazement!

BTW, I didn't plan it that way, I just happened to be in a corner at the time. But it sure as heck worked out for me. Try it, maybe it'll help?

XyZspineZyX
12-12-2003, 04:14 AM
my pc always reboots when i get to this time,and i think there is a bug or something wrong with my menmory .

if someone have pass it ,email the saved game to me
hmmly@yahoo.com.cn

thanks very much!!!

XyZspineZyX
12-12-2003, 08:30 AM
I got it, thanks for the help.