PDA

View Full Version : I MAY HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION: incorrect cd error (AS only)

PTM567878
03-14-2004, 09:21 AM
Ok, this is working for me, it might work for others: Note: this is only for those who can play ravenshield (not athena sword) without the incorrect cd error. I stumbled across this while settin up my options in ravenshield. Ok, in the options menu, look for 'Custom Game' In there, it will say what Rshield related games you have installed. If you have athena sword installed, it should say Athena Sword, and then to the right it should say 'installed'. Either doubl click it, or select it and hit 'activate' BAM, ravenshield turns into athena sword, and doesnt ask for the CD (although, i did max install, or full, or whatever when i installed it) I tried playing single player campaign, worked perfectly. I havent tried online yet as i had wanted to get this out asap. Note: Again, this is for people who are able to get into ravenshield w/o the error, but get the error in athena sword.

PTM567878
03-14-2004, 09:21 AM
Ok, this is working for me, it might work for others: Note: this is only for those who can play ravenshield (not athena sword) without the incorrect cd error. I stumbled across this while settin up my options in ravenshield. Ok, in the options menu, look for 'Custom Game' In there, it will say what Rshield related games you have installed. If you have athena sword installed, it should say Athena Sword, and then to the right it should say 'installed'. Either doubl click it, or select it and hit 'activate' BAM, ravenshield turns into athena sword, and doesnt ask for the CD (although, i did max install, or full, or whatever when i installed it) I tried playing single player campaign, worked perfectly. I havent tried online yet as i had wanted to get this out asap. Note: Again, this is for people who are able to get into ravenshield w/o the error, but get the error in athena sword.

Gunny Highway
03-14-2004, 12:55 PM
Have you tried launching AS with RvS cd2 in drive and NOT AS cds, that will aslo do the trick, even mentioned in manual so I'm told?

Or is it another problem you are talking about?

http://home1.stofanet.dk/gunny/gunny.jpg

Na1tE
03-14-2004, 03:59 PM
yeah, that seems to work for me, thx, i was getting worried when icouldn't play it. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

bgmrgoat
03-14-2004, 05:30 PM
That error is caused because a cd-key hasnt been entered for RS and AS. If you got gold edition and reinstalled RVS or installed from scratch you ned to put the RVS cd-key in first then AS cd-key. If you updraded from patch 1.3 before they incripted the CD-key you need to do the same thing.

sundog928
03-16-2004, 06:37 PM
Just to say hey man it worked for me also. ty,ty,ty, very much. I could say alot more, but i couldn,t even get it to load up and now I get to check it out ! I am having a couple of personal problems with scratchy sounds but only once in awhile and it goes away. All in all decent new scenery anyway. So thanks dude cause I had my game 24 hrs before actually getting to play. You rock and so do the forums!!! Out Sundog

Ambrosios
03-24-2004, 11:49 AM
hmm......Didn't i remember that in the manual...it ask you to put in RVS CD2 in the cd-rom before launching the game.........not AS CD2

savageone
03-24-2004, 04:00 PM
yep, it says to use your rvs disk two to play A.S.

frankienorway
03-25-2004, 01:17 AM
Once again it was user fault, and not the game....