PDA

View Full Version : Pretty newby BUT....

DanSil3ntHill
03-27-2004, 05:12 AM
In multiplayer as the spy, i'm assuming that you approach them from behind in order to grab them. Wich would probably be easiest after you stunned them with your gun... But i'm not sure, i have'nt been able to do it to anyone yet. Is this correct and if so, after you grab them what are your options? I've heard breaking there neck, and i've heard putting them to sleep, how do you do each. I know... prety newby but i'm just have'nt been able to do it yet

Thanks

DanSil3ntHill
03-27-2004, 05:12 AM
In multiplayer as the spy, i'm assuming that you approach them from behind in order to grab them. Wich would probably be easiest after you stunned them with your gun... But i'm not sure, i have'nt been able to do it to anyone yet. Is this correct and if so, after you grab them what are your options? I've heard breaking there neck, and i've heard putting them to sleep, how do you do each. I know... prety newby but i'm just have'nt been able to do it yet

Thanks

Ownage08
03-27-2004, 05:43 AM
I dont think u can get them while there in shock, u have to just keep trying, ive grabbed a few people but only after like 3 flashes and like 5 attempts of getting behid em. Also it doesnt work if ur right behind them, if ur like a meter behind them and u try it, it usually works for some reason. Action is kill, mouse button 1 is put to sleep. H is taunt.

pretend3r
03-27-2004, 05:45 AM
grabbing a merc is difficult. I always have a bit too much lag for it I think

http://members.lycos.nl/esoagency/logos/sig4B.jpg

Colevant
03-27-2004, 06:06 AM
if ur doing it right after a shock, u gotta be like a foot away i found is best, but there is a gay invuln time they get which needs to be taken out!

MP Name(PC): IMJUSTABUSH

click here for pb fix. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=954105331&m=853108103)

slaggo
03-27-2004, 07:31 AM
you honestly think that the merc's invuln time after being shocked should be taken out when spies have ALL the hiding holes?

but anyways, i can't think of when i've SEEN an invuln time with the mercs...what the hell are you talking about?

it IS difficult to grab them...it SHOULDN'T be overly easy or else, it'd be TOO aggravating to be a merc. it's realistic to have difficulty with grabbing someone from behind when they KNOW you're chasing them.

too many people take their spies toe-to-toe with mercs...for me, the spies typically lose when they do that. of course, i've had spies get me while we're running around each other...it's all about skills.

****go
Xbox gamertag: ****go

Colevant
03-27-2004, 07:47 AM
****go, there is a invuln time, right after u shock them, u cant do anythign to them for acouple seconds after they have stopped glowing, its whack. If ur a smart merc though, u know how to make sure u dont get grabbed after a shock......
and this is about the pc, i dunno what its like for ur xbox. hehe

MP Name(PC): IMJUSTABUSH

click here for pb fix. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=954105331&m=853108103)

Jmaster87
03-27-2004, 08:01 AM
how do you grab to begin with? i cant figure that out

Tarrell
03-27-2004, 09:33 AM
First, make sure the merc you spot has NO motion sensor on, they'll hear the beep of motion and turn around and smack you around.

If he has IMV on turn off all vision modes and walk up to them, luck is a pretty huge factor, because some people see you and some don't, get behind them and press the "use" button, its the same button for deactiving mines and decon-ning containers.

after you've snuck up on the merc, pressed "use" button (SHIFT) you'll move closer(like in SC1) and you'll grab him, occasionaly you hear the odd thumb as if you jumped on him, and you'll have him, fellow mercs seeing only a flashlight in the vicinity will recognise the movement, since its almost static, and not very fast.

BREAK NECK= "use" button (SHIFT)

KNOCK OUT= "primary fire" button (RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON)

SUFFOCATE= just hold him in your arms and rock him to sleep...

DO NOT hold the merc where other mercs can see him, its VERY easy to headshot the spy and free the merc.

Happy Hunting.