PDA

View Full Version : New Update - Bikes and Fire!

Ubi-Negitron
07-06-2017, 08:27 AM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/frontieronlinecontent/community/bikes_and_fire_SQUIRE1.jpg

Storm’s a-comin’, y’all!

We have a blazin’ new update – and your reputation’s on the line, with Vials of Fire, Boosters, and 7 absolutely new Tracks to win, that make you race for your Reputation!

Note - The event starts on Android in the next 2 hours, and on iOS in the next 8 hours.

Enter Miss Iris Norkana

In a time long past, Ms. Iris Norkana wanted to rule the world with a mighty iron fist, but was frozen in her chambers after a flash freeze wiped everyone out.

Ms. Norkana, a has-been politician of high regard, has challenged you, the Frontier’s most loved rider.
By soiling your street cred, she hopes to bring the Villagers to her side and become pawns in her nefarious scheming!

Save your ‘Reputation’, and send her back to where she came from!

What’s ‘Reputation’?

Each race in the Bikes and Fire event begins with the player having a limited amount of Reputation (100 Rep).
Your Reputation on each Track will reduce over time (at 1 Rep per second), and crashing your bike will also result in loss of Rep (10 Reps).

Ms. Norkana thickens the plot, hurling dangerous Vials of Fire at you that reduce your Reputation on every Track you race on.
These vials may drop from the sky, roll down slopes, or appear in landing areas.

The Reputation left with you at the end of the Track will be added to your Final Total Reputation!

Note: You can restart tracks the event from the Snapshot Screen, but not from the Leaderboard and the Spinwheel.
Also on the Snapshot Screen, you will see a stamp which totals your Rep gained during the race. The stamp will state the Number of Reps you’ve earned in that Track.

A Fair Fight!

All players will be given the same Bike for every Tier, with the same level of upgrades.
Everyone gets to race on the following bike(s) on the respective Tier(s) –

Tier 1 – KTM 500 EXC
Tier 2 – Mantis
Tier 3 – Berserker

Boosters

Boosters are special purchasable remedies that will make the event easier for you.
There are 3 Boosters, with a 24 hour timer for each.

These Boosters are as follows:

1. Charisma: Helps gain 20% extra starting Reputation for the duration of the Booster
2. Impatience: Reduces the wait timer by 50% of the original wait timer for the duration of the Booster
3. Ego: Helps gains 2x Rep from Backflips and Frontflips for the duration of the Booster

The Rewards

There are some glorious rewards to be won in the Bikes and Fire event.
Check ‘em out below –

- 7 brand-new Tracks
- 2 Bike Paintjobs (for the Phantom and the Tango)
- 3 Sweet Outfits

So hop on your rides, and save the Frontier from this fiery onslaught!

For any questions or feedback about this update, do let us know as a response to this thread.

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
07-06-2017, 09:58 AM
what's the cost of the boosters?

and... the times made on the event count for the normal leaderboards?

been avoiding using the KTM since forever, as i didn't like the way it was put among the normal bikes and destroyed all the times made in the past, now i'm forced to use it, or be cut of a lot of new tracks, etc? :mad:

edit: didn't have the update previously, got it now and answered my own questoions :P

boosters cost gems, as i thought, glad they don't seem to be mandatory to get enough parts to get all the prizes

as for the KTM, since flips are encouraged, it's a win win for me, as i get more rep, and delay my race, avoiding PB's :cool:

edit 2: don't want to celebrate too soon, but the event seems really cool and balanced. amount of rep needed for prizes isn't overwhelming, cooldown isn't too long or short, boosters cost gems but i believe one can succeed without them, nice amount and diversity of prizes to be won, and some new mechanics and mix of speed and skills are needed to get the best result possible

if bugs don't spoil it, it may be the nicest event in a long time! fingers crossed!

CagBall
07-06-2017, 01:04 PM
As Chatkiller said above, the event does seem really nicely balanced. I just hope that it's possible to get all the track pieces without having to spent too many gems.

...waits for Xitooner to post the optimal strategy... :D

godlesplay
07-06-2017, 01:50 PM
I have Ninja outfit, so what reward I will get instead of it?

H-Refr
07-06-2017, 04:44 PM
Note - The event starts on Android in the next 2 hours, and on iOS in the next 8 hours.

Still no update in AppStore.

NSP_I_VeNoMz
07-06-2017, 05:27 PM
WOOP 7 new tracks, and 2 made available in the daily shop, really are spoiling us :D

KrazFTW
07-06-2017, 05:50 PM
I don't know why but every time when i got struck from ~6 vertical bombs it makes me laugh :D and always on crucial locations. I like this event!

kamilus26
07-06-2017, 05:59 PM
When the event ends? I tried to find an answer to this question but I failed. :(

xitooner
07-06-2017, 11:23 PM
...waits for Xitooner to post the optimal strategy...

I LOLed! :) (I am having performance-anxiety... I hope someone beats me to it) :)

Actually, I just saw this new event...had no idea this was on (and its still not on IOS yet, darn it). Sounds interesting/fun based on everyones feedback so far. Cool!

kyleplaysguitar
07-07-2017, 03:14 AM
They said it would start on iOS in 8 hours over 8 hours ago. Where's the event?

CaptainWeelie
07-07-2017, 06:07 AM
Glad to know you guys really liked the event. The format was altered based on the suggestions given by y’all :)
Keep racing and hope that going forward, it works as smooth as it is now, for you :)

P.s. The update will be out on iOS very soon. We'll update you when it's available :)

Cheers!

EDIT: The update will be live on iOS in the next 2 hours.

RacerX19
07-07-2017, 06:41 AM
Just wondering when the update will be available for iOS?

kyleplaysguitar
07-07-2017, 07:49 AM
I was able to get it a few minute ago. It's fun!

NeetjeNL
07-07-2017, 08:20 AM
Yeah, cool event! Thank you RL :D

As far as strategy goes... Keep enough rep to reach the finish, then perform enough backflips to get back to 100 rep. I usually try to end with a frontflip just before the finish line and push forward. Cool to see +100 rep in the next screen :cool:

CagBall
07-07-2017, 09:45 AM
I LOLed! :) (I am having performance-anxiety... I hope someone beats me to it) :)

Actually, I just saw this new event...had no idea this was on (and its still not on IOS yet, darn it). Sounds interesting/fun based on everyones feedback so far. Cool!

;) It's actually a good/different event. Still lots of grinding though, but at least it's fun. I just need to resist the temptation to throw lots of gems at it!

There's a good power up that reduces the waiting time to 2 hours which might be the best way to approach it. There's no way I'm spending gems on lootwheel respins though - it's better to refresh the tracks for 15 gems. However, with the aforementioned power up it refreshing the tracks wouldn't be necessary for the most part.

Still, 35,000 reputation seems a long way off!

CADZILLA
07-07-2017, 10:30 AM
Fun event. Thanks.

H-Refr
07-07-2017, 12:44 PM
Hi, CaptainWeelie!
Why there's no substitution prizes for those who already have Ninja Outfit and both paintjobs?

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
07-07-2017, 03:20 PM
Hi, CaptainWeelie!
Why there's no substitution prizes for those who already have Ninja Outfit and both paintjobs?

judging from the buker, they quit adding substitute prizes a while ago :(

xitooner
07-07-2017, 04:35 PM
There's a good power up that reduces the waiting time to 2 hours which might be the best way to approach it. There's no way I'm spending gems on lootwheel respins though - it's better to refresh the tracks for 15 gems. However, with the aforementioned power up it refreshing the tracks wouldn't be necessary for the most part.

I totally agree; this is the way to go. :)

CHICKNDOG
07-07-2017, 05:50 PM
I like the event however it's caused a ton of bugs on my iPad.

j.pan
07-08-2017, 06:21 PM
Jooha, like ♥Lady Iris♥ too. Where is the button to join her side ;-)? Not as epic as Data Cubes, but fun anyway.

Ok, again some "double rewards". Think i can survive this. Orange wheeled Tango paintjob is new to me. It is from a early Tango Pack. There should be some tracks with good contrast to this pj :o

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
07-10-2017, 10:32 AM
reviewing it again after letting it set:

still nice, at least because some innovation was brought

still should have focused more on the skill part

carpet bombing is lame. period. there should be less bombs, and they should be placed in strategic (but avoidable) places, at least most of them.

would be much happier by jumping here, flipping there, speed up and down, accordingly to the situation

king of like the treasure hunt event where for some pieces one would have to think a bit on how to get there? this could be the opposite, and we'd need NOT to get there, but by skill

as it is built it ends up being just a matter of surviving through the first 80% of the track and then at the end finding a safe place where to flip 3546 times to fill the rep meter again

edit: also refreshing that with some dedication, one can win all prizes and actually end with more gems than we began! :cool:

CagBall
07-11-2017, 12:29 PM
I'm changing my mind about this event. It was good at first, but having to grind the same thing for 1 month is getting old fast. Events like these should be limited to 1-2 weeks max.

j.pan
07-11-2017, 03:44 PM
There's something to it. Without Lady Iris somehow boring. Miss her ideas like ..."erase 68,4% from mankind" :-)) Frontier Riders are demanding. Hope she's back soon!

crasher356
07-15-2017, 04:39 PM
So... I'm a level 43 player so I've put some time and even some cash into this game (until I was stiffed - not getting all of what I paid for in a Riders Club bundle deal) and I have to say this events' rewards are not bad and the concept has promise but the time, effort, total rep requirement, and frustration to competitively attain them is ridiculous.....I have somehow managed to rank in top 2% for a while now but I enjoy my mobile devices' current unbroken status too much to grind this hard for another 2 weeks...I am now counting on just completing the tracks to continue progressing, and the player pool to keep growing to stay in the top 5%. A few suggestions for a similar future event... * Reduce this type of event length to 2 weeks and reduce the carpet bombing so a player does not get totally wiped out in one devastating blow * Run 2 events... one for the more casual players such as myself, and one for the more competitive players * Give everyone a chance to win some rep on the bonus wheel, even if they don't medal on the track. I'm curious how many gems the current top 9 players spent to gain 1,000,052,128 to 2,147,483,647 (that's 1- 2 Billion +) rep points when my 9,346 is in the top 2%... or is it the use of hacks? If hacks, RL should not reward them anything IMO.... Keep on Crashing !!

jteaguetek
07-17-2017, 02:04 PM
There are 49 riders with over 35,000 Rep points ... why??? And did #1 use a hack to get over a million??? I don't think that is straight-up possible.

NeetjeNL
07-31-2017, 03:04 PM
For future events, I've got a suggestion to stimulate players to achieve better medals. In this event, I prefer to earn silver medals. Because the chances to win the correspondeing 25 extra rep outweigh the chances to win extra rep with gold and plat. With gold/plat the chances of winning 50 and 100 extra rep reduce badly, since the size of the extra-rep-wheel-part shrinks.

In an event like this, I believe it's more fair to present the same size extra-rep-wheel-part, where the number of extra rep depends on the medal.
In other events where the extra stuff doesn't depend on what medal you earn, but is randomly presented, it's fair to present a wheel part depending on the 'size of the extra stuff'.

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
08-04-2017, 10:17 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, it's gone!

top 1.0%
35000 rep earned
7/7 tracks collected
339 races

seems to have worked correctly, hope everyone got their prizes!

CADZILLA
08-04-2017, 08:15 PM
I wouldn't mind having this as a full time part of the game with it's own leaderboard.

easylife1982
08-07-2017, 03:53 PM
Spending few weeks with Fire Event first 3% a still no rewards to this day ..wtf??