PDA

View Full Version : Colors screwed up

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 05:26 AM
Hello,

I just purchased GR, ran it for the first time only to find that there was some kind of weird color anomaly. It reminds me of the old 256 paletted days when the palette gets overwritten. In any case, I hadn't patched it yet, so I did, now I'm 1.4 and the problem is still there. I tried changing video modes to no avail.

I have a Gainward nVidia TI4200 128MB card.

I hope someone knows what's up 'cause I really don't want to return this game.

--Steven

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 05:26 AM
Hello,

I just purchased GR, ran it for the first time only to find that there was some kind of weird color anomaly. It reminds me of the old 256 paletted days when the palette gets overwritten. In any case, I hadn't patched it yet, so I did, now I'm 1.4 and the problem is still there. I tried changing video modes to no avail.

I have a Gainward nVidia TI4200 128MB card.

I hope someone knows what's up 'cause I really don't want to return this game.

--Steven

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 06:32 AM
To shodgen,

First welcome to this great game and forums. Follow the below uninstall and reinstall the game no patches as this stage. Please post your dxdiag.

GR Uninstall

First of go to your add/remove program and uninstall GR/UBI and then follow below and delete the GR/UBI folders

1-start/all programs/accessories/windows explorer/my computer/local disk(c)/program files/red storm entertainment

2-start/all programs/accessories/windows explorer/my computer/local disk(c)/program files/UBI.com

To start from scratch uninstall all of GR and UBI and at your own risk do this but first back it up.

(1) start/run and type this: regedit and press ok

Up the top click file/export and on the pop up window down the bottom where it says (save as type) click the drop down arrow and click on ALL FILES. Then select your location and save.

repeat step (1)

1- hkey_current_user/software look for any red storm entertainment folders and delete along with any UBI soft folders

now do this:

2- hkey_local_machine/software look for red storm entertainment folders and delete along with any UBI soft and UBI soft entertainment folders and delete

now do this:

3- hkey_LocalMachine/ software/ Microsoft/ windows/ current version/ uninstall directory there should be a folder here named "{D89EF3B3-6F17-4665-B7A9-A4235A6DC787}" with some Ghost Recon info in it so delete only the ghost recon related info.

Dxdiag

start/run/ type in dxdiag click ok/ when it has finished loading/system tab/ down the bottom click SAVE ALL INFORMATIOM to desktop/copy and paste that in the forums.

Copy/Paste

You may know how to do this already, so overlook it if you do.

To copy/paste left click the left mouse button and while holding the left mouse button down drag it to the left then up the page until every word is highlighted. Then on any part of the highlighted words right click and a little window pops up and with the left mouse button click COPY.

Now come to the forums and place your thread for your problem and in the white space, right click the mouse button and another small window pops up. With the left mouse button click the word PASTE and your dxdiag is copy/pasted