PDA

View Full Version : Some minor concerns

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 07:21 PM
A couple of my conerns:
1) How is Punkbuster going to work? - I tweaked my .ini file in hopes of increasing FPS and i think it helped to bring 10-15 more through the combination of everything I could find. But is PB going to see this as cheating and boot my arse?
2) Am I experiencing trigger/bullet lag? - I said before that for me personally, the 1.4 patch helped me to almost no end. I get good constant FPS and have no other bugs. However, it seems I have been plagued with bullet lag the last couple times I have played. But maybe some of you have also experienced this as a result of a lower speed of lower quality server as to which I think my problems stem from.
The Phantom

De Oppresso Liber

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 07:21 PM
A couple of my conerns:
1) How is Punkbuster going to work? - I tweaked my .ini file in hopes of increasing FPS and i think it helped to bring 10-15 more through the combination of everything I could find. But is PB going to see this as cheating and boot my arse?
2) Am I experiencing trigger/bullet lag? - I said before that for me personally, the 1.4 patch helped me to almost no end. I get good constant FPS and have no other bugs. However, it seems I have been plagued with bullet lag the last couple times I have played. But maybe some of you have also experienced this as a result of a lower speed of lower quality server as to which I think my problems stem from.
The Phantom

De Oppresso Liber

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 07:32 PM
CDN_Phantom wrote:
- A couple of my conerns:
- 1) How is Punkbuster going to work? - I tweaked my
- .ini file in hopes of increasing FPS and i think it
- helped to bring 10-15 more through the combination
- of everything I could find. But is PB going to see
- this as cheating and boot my arse?

Probably not. In-game options make changes to the .ini file, and if Punkbuster boots because it detects a mismatch with that regard, it would be foolish.