PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Grenades

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 01:40 AM
Hello. I have a question to anyone who might be able to answer a question I am having on the grenades in RS.
It seems to me that the smoke and frag grenades detonation times/sizes are too small. My comparison of that is America's Army, which is probably the most realistic shooter I have played (explanation: I've played the demo of RS, waiting for Xbox ver). Frag explosions are at least 3 times larger in AAO than RS, and around twice as large as smoke clouds.
Do counter terrorist teams use sepacil frags//smokes with lower explosion sizes than the army due to cramped areas, or is the scale not the same in the games?

Thnx. for your help.

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 01:40 AM
Hello. I have a question to anyone who might be able to answer a question I am having on the grenades in RS.
It seems to me that the smoke and frag grenades detonation times/sizes are too small. My comparison of that is America's Army, which is probably the most realistic shooter I have played (explanation: I've played the demo of RS, waiting for Xbox ver). Frag explosions are at least 3 times larger in AAO than RS, and around twice as large as smoke clouds.
Do counter terrorist teams use sepacil frags//smokes with lower explosion sizes than the army due to cramped areas, or is the scale not the same in the games?

Thnx. for your help.

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 02:48 AM
I would imagine that CT squads use smaller gernades, I'm no expert, but I would imagine that that due to the cramped areas, as you said, that CT gernades would have less blast than Army's. I think the thing to compare would be the "M" name in front of them. "M-something Fragmintation gernade."

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 04:49 AM
Generally CT teams wouldnt use frags, due to the danger of hurting/killing hostages... Flashbangs or shockgrenades, however, are the tools of the trade. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 07:48 AM
I had read this about grenades with a smaller charge.

Speaking of things that go 'BOOM!', a winner in the XM96 Lightweight Fragmentation Grenade program should be selected and fielded by this point. The latter has been derided as a 'girl grenade', but it should fit a similiar role in SF units as the old NWM V40 Mini-grenades. The M84 stun grenade should also be in the field for peacekeeping roles and other other 'pizza delivery' missions. (Update: A winner was never chosen in the XM96 LWFG program. However, SOCOM has evidently purchased the Arges HG86, and the "Big Army" is considering issue of the same for MOUT/UO use under a "Solider Enhancement Program".)

Courtesy of ARMM (the guys who made the NATO mods) http://www.gamegossip.com/forums/showthread.php?s=dd030fc945cef3d9298c7c26f5d872f5&threadid=28792

Even though as the above poster stated fragmentation grenades aren't the best idea when rescuing people. Possibly an high explosive grenade sans fragments could be used.

Message Edited on 10/10/0302:56AM by Tacamo

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 10:10 PM
i thin kthat ct teams would use alot less powerful grenades, not all missions ct teams are to do with hostages, if a terrorist organization has took over a house or building and have let all the hostaghes go then the ct teams sole intention will be to kill, so they may use a slightly more powerful nade then

http://sigs.hqhosting.net/colbensas4.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 12:18 AM
If it's a CT team like Rainbow or the SAS, then their objective is to bring controll to the situation, using whatever means nessisary. However if it is a SWAT team in the same situation, then it is to control the situation and to preserve life if possible, so flashes and CS would be the order o the day

"Firepower is usually definded as the number of rounds sent down range, 1000 misses is not firepower, one kill is."

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 03:43 AM
Rainbow and SAS would have some restrictions too, if hostages were involved... They didnt use frags at Prince`s Gate, did they? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 06:22 AM
Yes collateral damage concerns can't be overlooked as well. Since even in a situation where only hostiles are in a building/room. The government might not be able to allow grenade fragments to shread up a room. In some extreme conditions even a flashbang could have too much pyrotechnic power.