PDA

View Full Version : Right Stone Circle Solution, but NO results, or else it locks up.

InquisitiveStan
01-29-2004, 06:06 PM
Does the hoped for progression of the game occur IN the Stone Room after depressing the particular 5 shapes? Or does the correct sequence cause something to happen somewhere else, somewhere that I have not looked, after sinking the 5?
I believe that I have the correct ones in the correct order, but still can't get anywhere past this room, or further anywhere else in the game without the Linking Book.
I even un-installed and re-installed the game and started over, thinking that the occasional lock-up had fried some of the program data. No, I am still stuck in the same place.
Thanks all for the help on my other thread, I think this is keeping me from finding that secret tone sequence.
Sorry this is SO LONG, I'm getting exasperated.
Any help would be GREAT! Thanks!

InquisitiveStan
01-29-2004, 06:06 PM
Does the hoped for progression of the game occur IN the Stone Room after depressing the particular 5 shapes? Or does the correct sequence cause something to happen somewhere else, somewhere that I have not looked, after sinking the 5?
I believe that I have the correct ones in the correct order, but still can't get anywhere past this room, or further anywhere else in the game without the Linking Book.
I even un-installed and re-installed the game and started over, thinking that the occasional lock-up had fried some of the program data. No, I am still stuck in the same place.
Thanks all for the help on my other thread, I think this is keeping me from finding that secret tone sequence.
Sorry this is SO LONG, I'm getting exasperated.
Any help would be GREAT! Thanks!

PrincessXenobia
01-29-2004, 07:18 PM
No, the effect takes place right there, although I remember it being a trifle subtle and it took me a second to notice. What stones are you pushing?

Homer6
01-29-2004, 09:42 PM
When you have pushed the correct stones, in the correct order, you will have no doubts when something happens, as there is a change in a wall.

Remember the important things.....as you turn on your computer. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

InquisitiveStan
01-30-2004, 12:03 PM
Thanks, those are the answers I was expecting.
In answer to PrincessXenobia,I will try to be subtle.

****************possible spoiler******************

1 wedge shaped fish, to the right while facing the entry door.
2 Bug shape (from the pool) to the left side while facing the door I entered.
3 Frog- the flat one with the wide head, a few left of the Bug.
4 the Sunner, to the right of the Whark, facing the round doorway.
5 Whark while facing the round doorway.

Homer6
01-30-2004, 01:22 PM
You didn't say if you solved the secret room, but perhaps you did?

Remember the important things.....as you turn on your computer. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

PrincessXenobia
01-30-2004, 02:10 PM
it should work the way you described it. Did it?

InquisitiveStan
01-30-2004, 04:54 PM
Afraid not, that is the point where the music keeps going but nothing happens. It acts as if the solution was not correct, I can spend forever there pushing down those same stones, or others, it acts the same most of the time. Sometimes it just hangs up there, once it even dumped me back to my desktop, the game was just gone. I have started over three times on the original install, and re-installed and started over again once, I still get the same results at this point. I contacted Tech Support a couple of weeks ago about the "freeze" (in other areas of the game), they said it was a known issue and they were working on a fix, they said to watch for a post with the patch or fix. I keep trying to play through the difficulties, the game is fun and addictive. Thanks for the help.

Homer6
01-31-2004, 08:35 AM
Been there done this one. You might think the image you've choosen is the correct one but it might not be. Look at the images again, make sure you are choosing the correct ones.

hadleigh
02-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Inquisitive stan try this, when you have depressed what you think are the correct stones and in the correct order try pressing another one, if the original 5 rise up and the 6th one goes down your original selection was wrong, if however the cursor dissappears after the first 5 and nothing happens and you can't press a 6th one then I reckon your game is stuck.

Onwards and upwards.

InquisitiveStan
02-03-2004, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the replies Homer and hadleigh. It appears that I do not have the correct symbols as I spent about 2 hours last night pushing about every sequence I could think of, except the right one anyway. I was very surprised and happy that the game didn't hang up even once in that whole period.

Hadleigh, the sixth stone would always kick the others up, so it looks like I certainly haven't solved this one. Is there something I should have done prior to trying to solve this room? Something that sets this puzzle up to work? I am not doing something correctly at all. Kick-start me in the right direction, please. I didn't have this much trouble following hints in ALL of URU and Exile III combined. Thanks.

PrincessXenobia
02-03-2004, 04:55 PM
Well, Stan, that's because Riven is harder than Myst and Exile put together http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif! No joke -- it ain't easy, as you're discovering. But to answer your question -- no, you don't need to anything to this puzzle to set it up. But I seem to remember mistaking one animal symbol for another. It was the frog. There are 2 frog-like symbols. The one you want is the one that doesn't really have a head -- just sort of a teardrop shaped little guy with a big eye. Of course, I just re-read your post where you describe the frog you're pushing, and I realize that I didn't catch that the first time around -- sorry! It's been a long time since I played http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

InquisitiveStan
02-03-2004, 05:00 PM
Thanks PrincessXenobia, I'm going to get back in there and see if I can come up with the right blend of creatures this time. Wish me luck! Later.

PrincessXenobia
02-03-2004, 06:19 PM
Good luck!