PDA

View Full Version : Atrus is back, and the City is better!!

hogarth...
01-17-2004, 11:49 PM
The black screen issues seem to have been resolved. We can now log on to Atrus.

The lag in the City has been remarkably reduced, and the black avatar issue has been fixed - I see live people!

After a rocky day, this is very welcome, and I tip my construction helmet to the guys who've done such great work, both getting things back up, and chasing off the ghosts!

hogarth...
01-17-2004, 11:49 PM
The black screen issues seem to have been resolved. We can now log on to Atrus.

The lag in the City has been remarkably reduced, and the black avatar issue has been fixed - I see live people!

After a rocky day, this is very welcome, and I tip my construction helmet to the guys who've done such great work, both getting things back up, and chasing off the ghosts!

AnaisRW
01-18-2004, 06:29 PM
Musta been up a real short time.

Atrus is down again.

hogarth...
01-18-2004, 11:08 PM
Yeah, I know...and I was so happy too...sniff...

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

hogarth...
01-19-2004, 09:35 AM
As of this morning, Jan 19, at 8:15AM Pacific time, I was able to log on thru Atrus.

No way of knowing how long this will last, but it's the first time since Saturday night that I could do it.

On attempting to get in though, I still had that 2.7MB "update" download. How many times are we going to have to download the same thing?

Delirious_AmMo
01-19-2004, 01:19 PM
I see everybody speaking of a 2.7Mb download?!
I wonder where my 2.7Mb download went then, cause I haven't had any download at all, except for my first login which was a few weeks before the "black-out" of Atrus...

grtx,

AmMo

queenlydia53
01-19-2004, 06:22 PM
Atrus was better except for one thing tonight. For about 45 minutes I was the only one moving. I also could walk right through people. Chat ground to a halt. Even found another 2 red markers. Saw someone get past impossible barriers.

SilentObserver
01-19-2004, 08:44 PM
With Katran in "degradation" I've been trying to get into Atrus -- four times in the past half hour, I've gotten a black screen with ring cursor, locked hard (couldn't even ALT-ESC or ALT-TAB to the desktop or another application, like my firewall). Katran was at least letting me into Relto, though I had frozen trying to link out of Ae'gura...

On Katran as Image Maker
KI # 00133293

I may be a scwewy wabbit, but I'm not going to Alcatwaz!
-- E. J. Fudd, 1954

ya_li
01-20-2004, 02:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by queenlydia53:
Atrus was better except for one thing tonight. For about 45 minutes I was the only one moving. I also could walk right through people. Chat ground to a halt. Even found another 2 red markers. Saw someone get past impossible barriers.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How meny marks u have total??
and where r u found this last 2?

"only the wind is free"
ya_li

Cordie
01-20-2004, 02:50 AM
I was back in Atrus yesterday with no problems what so ever, even got into the city, over the barriers at the bottom of the Palace Stairs and got my last marker (until they release some more).

I had sent a CRC report asking why Atrus was down and this was the reply I received:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>There was an issue with the Atrus vault server. This issue caused a variety of problems like authentication errors, download problems and connection losses for those who actually did make it into the game. This problem should be resolved now. If you are still experiencing difficulties please do not hesitate to update this petition. We apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am hoping that things will be okay now but it would appear that if it goes wrong at the weekend then we have to wait for Monday to come around before it gets fixed.

Cordelia
KI# 02048896
DRC (20) Neighborhood (Atrus Shard)

Asphodel_Nebula
01-20-2004, 04:14 AM
I can now get back on Atrus, but after 10 minutes or something it says that something is wrong (server or connection or something?) and I get thrown back to windows. I've never had this before, so I'm pretty sure nothing is wrong with my computer etc.

queenlydia53
01-21-2004, 07:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ya_li:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by queenlydia53:
Atrus was better except for one thing tonight. For about 45 minutes I was the only one moving. I also could walk right through people. Chat ground to a halt. Even found another 2 red markers. Saw someone get past impossible barriers.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How meny marks u have total??
and where r u found this last 2?

"only the wind is free"
ya_li<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

5 red ones one near where I linked in the other past the big tree you can walk through. I got a suggestion from someone else to walk not run

voclark
01-21-2004, 07:44 AM
The authentication errors are back and cannot get in.

Cordie
01-21-2004, 08:07 AM
When I logged in yesterday there was a message came up on the screen from CCR in the logon screen stating that they would be taking the Authentication Servers down today between 7am and 9am EST for upgrading.

That would probably be why you can't get in http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Cordelia
KI# 02048896
DRC (20) Neighborhood (Atrus Shard)