PDA

View Full Version : Movies resolution (and start-up) help...

TheenfestidOne
03-08-2004, 08:49 PM
The movie resolution in Splinter Cell as well as the start up is very low. This causes problems for my computer because if a game changes the resolution to anything that I don't use (which is 1024 x 768), then my monitor messes up (it flickers and loses areas on the side when the resolution changes back).

Anyways, my question is: is there any way you can change the start-up resolution to 1024 x 768 instead of the default (640 x 480 or 800 x 600, I believe) and the movies?

TheenfestidOne
03-08-2004, 08:49 PM
The movie resolution in Splinter Cell as well as the start up is very low. This causes problems for my computer because if a game changes the resolution to anything that I don't use (which is 1024 x 768), then my monitor messes up (it flickers and loses areas on the side when the resolution changes back).

Anyways, my question is: is there any way you can change the start-up resolution to 1024 x 768 instead of the default (640 x 480 or 800 x 600, I believe) and the movies?

Singatron
03-08-2004, 09:41 PM
man I posted the question about changing the movies horible resolution and everyone has told me that there is not a way of changing that. Hope some one finds out a way http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

CellAgent51
03-09-2004, 07:15 AM
Everybody is correct. It is the way Blink RADTools work. That is the movie player being used here. The people who encoded the movies did so at a relatively low resolution and instructed the movie player to play it at those low resolutions. I know it is possible to play a low resolution movie at a higher resolution (essentially upsampling) but neither the RAD tools used nor the encoding method support this. Presumably it might be possible with PT. We'll find out.