PDA

View Full Version : missing terrain layers?

polypod311
05-25-2004, 10:53 AM
I haven't seen mention of this problem in FAQ or on the boards.
While editing my map, i noticed that my layers for sand and rock had disappeared from the terrain editor leaving only the default layer. I still had the two other layers rendered on the map at that time, but later lost them after generating surface textures without them in the layer editor.(doh)
It's no problem re-doing it but how can i avoid this in the future? Am i to export/save the layers seperately to just saving the map?

polypod311
05-25-2004, 10:53 AM
I haven't seen mention of this problem in FAQ or on the boards.
While editing my map, i noticed that my layers for sand and rock had disappeared from the terrain editor leaving only the default layer. I still had the two other layers rendered on the map at that time, but later lost them after generating surface textures without them in the layer editor.(doh)
It's no problem re-doing it but how can i avoid this in the future? Am i to export/save the layers seperately to just saving the map?

AE-on
05-25-2004, 02:15 PM
Did you accidentally switch to another Mission?

I have not mapped enough to really have had really evil problems, but I have never seen anything really get lost.

AEon Check the Far Cry Editing FAQ by Swoop/AEon (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=273109392&m=292101473)