PDA

View Full Version : Why people are not playing

natey14
06-10-2004, 06:07 AM
I bet there arent that many people playing because their graphics card cannot run the game. You would be surprised at how many people have really crappy video cards, i bet this game would be a lot bigger of a hit if they made pixel shading an option instead of a necessity.

natey14
06-10-2004, 06:07 AM
I bet there arent that many people playing because their graphics card cannot run the game. You would be surprised at how many people have really crappy video cards, i bet this game would be a lot bigger of a hit if they made pixel shading an option instead of a necessity.

Flaky.
06-10-2004, 06:12 AM
That is the effect of better technologies. deal with it, and don't buy budget v cards to play high end games.

It's a good thing that the evolve. You have to ugrade later or not. (and SC isn't the only game that recquires it.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~
http://users.skynet.be/fa614651/Sig.gif
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">SFF-Supporter

Flaky: Somewhat eccentric; odd: ‚"That slightly flaky quality, in joy as well as in grief,
that prepares us subtly for the mad scenes to come‚"Ě

"If Pacman affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms,
munching pills and listening to repetitive music!" </pre>

natey14
06-10-2004, 06:48 AM
actually i would still have my Geforce 4 MX440 if PT didnt NEED pixel shading, all im saying is their would be a lot more people to play with, if Ubisoft woulda made PT more compatible, and im not complaining really, im just saying i bet there would be a lot more people playing online if it supported a wider variety of video cards. I liked me Mx just fine and i could run BF:vietnam and the original SC and Call of Duty on high graphics...but a lot more games have pixel shading now, but PT is the only one that HAS to support pixel shading.

And someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning :P http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/88.gif

architect-nyc
06-10-2004, 07:41 AM
I doubt that it's the technology that's keeping the number of players down; for every post w/a video card problem relating to SC2, you'll find a dozen relating to people complaining about the behavior of other players.

I'd chalk up the small size of the SC2 community to things like the intimidation factor of playing 2 on 2, the complexity of the gameplay, and the lack of any real precedent for this gametype.

Flaky.
06-10-2004, 08:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by natey14:
im just saying i bet there would be a lot more people playing online if it supported a wider variety of video cards.

but a lot more games have pixel shading now, but PT is the only one that HAS to support pixel shading.

And someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning :P http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/88.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1# Yes, if they would have made the game compatible with a 5 yearold card, everybody would have been able to play it.

2# It's not the nly game that requires it! look at (to give 1 example; the other major stealth game: T: DS needs it to)

3# Yes that is true, I ve still got 6 exams to go in a 2,5 weeks span. I think i have the right to be bad-tempered.

Kind regards,
ME

Flaky: Somewhat eccentric; odd: ‚"That slightly flaky quality, in joy as well as in grief,

Xan-99
06-10-2004, 11:16 AM
actully graphics card requirement are limiting players i have at least 5 friends that would have tried ( and most probably loved) the game if it werent for tht damn pixal shading, they arent bothered enuf to get a new card but would like to play the game, think of the hundreds extra people tht would be on if pixil shading could be turned off

player name: Xan-VR
team m8 name: Amnesiac-VR
Victims Required
you gotta love the tazor

Amn-VR.
06-10-2004, 11:19 AM
same with me. lol

--------------------
playername: AmnesIAc-VR
sc parter: Xan-VR
server name: TEAM PLAY

victims required,

"weOWNyou"

TacoLaMmY
06-10-2004, 12:20 PM
I suggest that your friends realize that their budget dated video cards aren't going to get them very far in today's market, that's simply the reality of it, and I'd suggest you nudge them to move with the times. If not, well, then a lot of companies won't be seeing their money, simply because they won't be able to play anything the companies put out.

hqd22
06-10-2004, 02:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TacoLaMmY:
I suggest that your friends realize that their budget dated video cards aren't going to get them very far in today's market, that's simply the reality of it, and I'd suggest you nudge them to move with the times. If not, well, then a lot of companies won't be seeing their money, simply because they won't be able to play anything the companies put out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

or some people are not that serious about games that they will go out and buy a $300 video card. fortunately i got a video card that is supported by splinter cell. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif but i already stopped playing this game because it got boring for me due to lack of maps

Flaky.
06-10-2004, 03:04 PM
You can easily find a Graph card beneath 100 $ that can play SC pt with ease.

TacoLaMmY
06-10-2004, 03:11 PM
Seriously, the cost of a video card is not a valid reason for not being able to play most games today. As Flaky mentioned, you can easily find cheap cards which will perform adequately. My mentality though is that if you go cheap, the sooner you'll have to replace it.

OsT-Ammu
06-10-2004, 03:30 PM
i think the reason that the player noumbers are so low is that, there was never a realy big PR for the game like sc3 will have.

and i think that some players think that the game is to hard :S, and yes if you compair with Cs (Counter-Strike) the game is hard cuz in Cs you can understand how the game works and be able to kill some one yer first time playing it. (yeah sure the turioals in scpt are a head start).

as the game companys says: the average gamer gives a game 5 minutes to show them how fun it is and if they dont get action and score some points the gamer will say "crapy game" and stop playing it

http://w1.520.telia.com/~u52021903/1/sig/sig%20test%202.jpg
server: irc.quakenet.org channel: #OsT_SCPT - Home of the OsT's!

XyZspineZyX
06-10-2004, 03:44 PM
It's just too complex for some people. So they play it like CS and leave after everybody gets mad at them.

Anyway, it's good that popular games are requiring Pixel Shading nowadays. Developers shouldn't be limited by budget cards.

Next stop: raytracing-capable video cards! \o/ But don't grab your wallet just yet. Raytrace-capable video cards and raytracing-required games are WAY off from now.