PDA

View Full Version : Redundance Cyclic Error

Kunfuzed1
03-14-2004, 01:59 AM
Whenever i try to install Rainbow 6 3, it tells me to put in the second disc. i do, and it keeps installing until it stops on a file called *something*Airport*something* and it says that there is a Redundancy Cyclic Error. Why? I have tried deleting R6 from my RegEdit, and that didnt work, and i tried copying CD2 into a folder, but the file data_3 will not copy into a folder...please help me...

Kunfuzed1
03-14-2004, 01:59 AM
Whenever i try to install Rainbow 6 3, it tells me to put in the second disc. i do, and it keeps installing until it stops on a file called *something*Airport*something* and it says that there is a Redundancy Cyclic Error. Why? I have tried deleting R6 from my RegEdit, and that didnt work, and i tried copying CD2 into a folder, but the file data_3 will not copy into a folder...please help me...

RaidenG
03-14-2004, 02:29 AM
I got the same problem when I tried to run the first RvS patch off the AS disk- I tried copying several times and failed with a couple different errors, but I finally worked around it by copying the folder that the patch was in to my HD.

Just keep trying, theres probably a way to work around it if youre creative.

XyZspineZyX
03-14-2004, 03:08 AM
It sounds like your disc is corrupt. Either through a scratch or dust or just a bad copy.

the RCE error, is basically the system is trying to copy a file, that doesn't match up to what the system is expecting. This is normally a corrupt file.

On cd's sometimes, it is a scratch, or in the case of a brand new disc, a faulty copy.

Is this a new disc, that you have just bought? If so you might want to take it back and have it swapped.

<center>http://homepage.ntlworld.com/craig.engela/HawkSigAnim2.gif</a><center>
<font color="CC33FF">"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein </font color>
<font color="grey">"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
- Sun-tzu</font color>