PDA

View Full Version : Getting Riven To Run

Salome1958
02-13-2004, 10:26 AM
Dear Fellow Explorers:

Greetings from the Great White North!! I hope this finds you and yours well.

I'm writing to find some kindly soul among you to help me with getting Riven to run. Myst works just fine, as Exile and Uru. I clicked on it twice, no go. I am open to any and all suggestions vague notions.

Thank you kindly and take care!!!

Sincerely yours always,

Salome.

Salome1958
02-13-2004, 10:26 AM
Dear Fellow Explorers:

Greetings from the Great White North!! I hope this finds you and yours well.

I'm writing to find some kindly soul among you to help me with getting Riven to run. Myst works just fine, as Exile and Uru. I clicked on it twice, no go. I am open to any and all suggestions vague notions.

Thank you kindly and take care!!!

Sincerely yours always,

Salome.

mystmystery
02-14-2004, 09:21 AM
Hello Salome;
This was one of the same problems I had with Riven. I e-mailed Ubi, their fix worked for getting the game to open and run (I have Windows XP Operating system), unfortunately for me, I am now stuck at a certain part and must wait for a patch. Hope you have better luck.

Here is UBI's suggestion, verbatim:

"Try running riven in windows compatibility mode. To do this right click on the Riven Icon and goto properties and goto the compatibility tab. Checkmark the box that says "run this program in compatibility mode for" and select windows 98 underneath that. After this, click on apply then ok and try starting the game using the same shortcut. It should load just fine."

mystmystery
02-14-2004, 09:28 AM
I also found this site when I was searching for a fix with my problem:

http://www.mystcommunity.com/forum/topic.cgi?forum=9&topic=18&replies=17

Personally, I am much too unfamiliar with computers to attempt such changes & tricks, but perhaps you are.

Good luck

Salome1958
02-14-2004, 05:06 PM
Dear Myst:

Good evening from Canada! I hope this finds you and yours well.

UBI's solution worked like a charm!! Granted, it slows down things, but it still works like a charm.

Thank you ever so kindly and take care!!

Sincerely yours always,

Salome.