PDA

View Full Version : RE: Petition to save URU Live

Lyimah
02-07-2004, 02:14 AM
I been checking the petition that was started by URU Obsession at petitiononline.com (http://www.petitiononline.com/savelive/) and came across a few interesting signitures.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>1294. Bill Slease (Cyan)
<LI>1296. Edog(Cyan)
<LI>1299. Ryan Warzecha (Cyan)
<LI>1300. Eric A. Anderson (Cyan) So close... so close.
<LI>1303. Adam Van Ornum (Cyan)
<LI>1308. eric s. anderson (cyan) grrr.
<LI>1309. Eric Votava (Cyan) Hope springs eternal
<LI>1312. Brandon Knowles (Cyan)
<LI>1316. Greg J Miranda (Cyan)
<LI>1321. Victoria Brace (Cyan) http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
<LI>1326. Victoria Almond (Cyan)
<LI>1329. RAWA (Cyan)
<LI>1341. Tim Larkin (Cyan)
<LI>1348. Derek Odell Web Master/Lead Tester ------ Cyan Worlds, Inc.
<LI>1349. Ryan Persch (Cyan) Cyan dreams may yet be realized
<LI>1352. Zac Wellsandt (Cyan) The deep city breaths.....Uru again......
<LI>1358. Karl Johnson (Cyan)
<LI>1367. Bryce Biggerstaff (cyan)
<LI>1375. stephan(cyan)
<LI>1384. Aaron Biegalski (Cyan QA)
<LI>1494. Steve Ward (Cyan)
<LI>1631. Jeff Lundin (Cyan)
<LI>1762. Mark DeForest (Cyan) At first I was not going to sign this petition because after going through the grief and then deleting 6,000 lines of code from the KI four weeks ago, mentally I have turned the corner and am now focused on the expansion pack. But maybe somewhere... someplace... there is room for an URU Live on a different level. (And, no Brice, I'm not talking about an interface to CyanChat.) Thanks for all the support![/list]

For the folks that are so upset with Cyan (the ones who are being very nasty to them calling them liars and such) they do not want Live to be scrapped as well. I signed the petition but I like others dont think it will accomplish much (can always hope though http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ) When I checked tonight there was 1838 signitures so far. Which if UBI charged $15.00 per subscription it would bring in $27,570.00 per month. Interesting enough i did not notice anyone from UBISoft signing the petition (not saying they have not because I dont know anyone personally from UBI.)
My point is please lighten up on Cyan some. Cyan has always been a company that has stood behind the community that their games created and I figure they always will. And before I start getting flamed yes when I heard the news about Live I was deeply upset and felt a little betrayed but I have seen to many post here bashing Cyan's skull in. From what I can tell they are hurting just as much as the rest of the community over this decision.

To Cyan: I am very sorry that Live did not go as planned and I wish you all the luck in your future endeavors.

Cavern Name: R'lyimah (all shards)
Mayor of: Tehrokh Jeruth Neighborhood
Member of: Guild of Greeters

Lyimah
02-07-2004, 02:14 AM
I been checking the petition that was started by URU Obsession at petitiononline.com (http://www.petitiononline.com/savelive/) and came across a few interesting signitures.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>1294. Bill Slease (Cyan)
<LI>1296. Edog(Cyan)
<LI>1299. Ryan Warzecha (Cyan)
<LI>1300. Eric A. Anderson (Cyan) So close... so close.
<LI>1303. Adam Van Ornum (Cyan)
<LI>1308. eric s. anderson (cyan) grrr.
<LI>1309. Eric Votava (Cyan) Hope springs eternal
<LI>1312. Brandon Knowles (Cyan)
<LI>1316. Greg J Miranda (Cyan)
<LI>1321. Victoria Brace (Cyan) http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
<LI>1326. Victoria Almond (Cyan)
<LI>1329. RAWA (Cyan)
<LI>1341. Tim Larkin (Cyan)
<LI>1348. Derek Odell Web Master/Lead Tester ------ Cyan Worlds, Inc.
<LI>1349. Ryan Persch (Cyan) Cyan dreams may yet be realized
<LI>1352. Zac Wellsandt (Cyan) The deep city breaths.....Uru again......
<LI>1358. Karl Johnson (Cyan)
<LI>1367. Bryce Biggerstaff (cyan)
<LI>1375. stephan(cyan)
<LI>1384. Aaron Biegalski (Cyan QA)
<LI>1494. Steve Ward (Cyan)
<LI>1631. Jeff Lundin (Cyan)
<LI>1762. Mark DeForest (Cyan) At first I was not going to sign this petition because after going through the grief and then deleting 6,000 lines of code from the KI four weeks ago, mentally I have turned the corner and am now focused on the expansion pack. But maybe somewhere... someplace... there is room for an URU Live on a different level. (And, no Brice, I'm not talking about an interface to CyanChat.) Thanks for all the support![/list]

For the folks that are so upset with Cyan (the ones who are being very nasty to them calling them liars and such) they do not want Live to be scrapped as well. I signed the petition but I like others dont think it will accomplish much (can always hope though http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ) When I checked tonight there was 1838 signitures so far. Which if UBI charged $15.00 per subscription it would bring in $27,570.00 per month. Interesting enough i did not notice anyone from UBISoft signing the petition (not saying they have not because I dont know anyone personally from UBI.)
My point is please lighten up on Cyan some. Cyan has always been a company that has stood behind the community that their games created and I figure they always will. And before I start getting flamed yes when I heard the news about Live I was deeply upset and felt a little betrayed but I have seen to many post here bashing Cyan's skull in. From what I can tell they are hurting just as much as the rest of the community over this decision.

To Cyan: I am very sorry that Live did not go as planned and I wish you all the luck in your future endeavors.

Cavern Name: R'lyimah (all shards)
Mayor of: Tehrokh Jeruth Neighborhood
Member of: Guild of Greeters

Natika.
02-07-2004, 02:34 AM
I found this in the list,<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>1419. WhatTheHellIsWrongWithYouGuys Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you guys? God damned thieves and liars... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> WE can only guess who this is and what he wants. Sure does sound familiar.

Kru'zer on Atrus KI #01355205
Natika on Katran KI #02937791
URU Obsessed

Kuhlade
02-07-2004, 12:07 PM
Reading down that list breaks my heart. I can only imagine how abandoned those guys must feel. We here only 'played' the game, they put their hearts and souls into it. Bless them for signing our petition. Their work was not in vain, they need only read through these forums to see the impact they have made, and in such a short period of time.

Chloe on Achenar
KI: 00205348

Natika.
02-07-2004, 12:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Their work was not in vain, they need only read through these forums to see the impact they have made, and in such a short period of time.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree and we are taking this petition serious. If you have alternate views please don't sabotage our efforts. petitiononline.com

Kru'zer on Atrus KI #01355205
Natika on Katran KI #02937791
URU Obsessed

Ted_Koppel
02-07-2004, 12:27 PM
I have to agree with Kuhlade
(cool name btw).
Seeing the names of Cyan employees on the list speaks volumes.

B'il
KI# Don't know it, but you can always find me on Katran, unless of course the server is down, then in that case you can find me at home drawing pictures of mountain tops, lemon yellow sun...

rickla
02-07-2004, 12:32 PM
I've been pretty mad, and still am, but it's likely not cyan but ubi. It's usually not the hands on folks. I still say there were technical resource issues, but as someone on that side, I'll bet cyan was also having quite a big resource battle too.

The cyan names mean they are wanting to finish what they started. IT's the business side that most would have the issues with, including the cyan signers.