PDA

View Full Version : Sound Issue on Demo for PT

DisTurBeD_MuNkY
03-21-2004, 07:47 AM
Hey, I was playing the PT demo and I'm on the second level and I get this really f*cked up sound thing.. It's usually after I've just took out the first guy and I'm moving down near the cabins or whatever, the wooden structures anyway.. Basically the sound just gets really fuzzy and theres a constant low hum/buzz to it.. and the voices and stuff are distorted. Anyone know how to fix this one?

Edit: I'm sure someone will ask my system specs right away.. So I guess i'll just post those to save the trouble.

GFX: 9800 PRO 256MB
Motherboard: ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
Sound: nForce 2
Processor: AMD 2800+ K7 Barton
Memory: 1GB PC3200 DDR

DisTurBeD_MuNkY
03-21-2004, 07:47 AM
Hey, I was playing the PT demo and I'm on the second level and I get this really f*cked up sound thing.. It's usually after I've just took out the first guy and I'm moving down near the cabins or whatever, the wooden structures anyway.. Basically the sound just gets really fuzzy and theres a constant low hum/buzz to it.. and the voices and stuff are distorted. Anyone know how to fix this one?

Edit: I'm sure someone will ask my system specs right away.. So I guess i'll just post those to save the trouble.

GFX: 9800 PRO 256MB
Motherboard: ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
Sound: nForce 2
Processor: AMD 2800+ K7 Barton
Memory: 1GB PC3200 DDR

thegrommit
03-21-2004, 09:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Motherboard: ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
Sound: nForce 2<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know the nforce2 has had occasional scratchy sound problems. Have you updated your drivers? The most recent set are 3.13

DisTurBeD_MuNkY
03-21-2004, 10:20 AM
Nah, I still have the 1.0 or wahtever came installed.. I had updated before to 2, but that caused an issue with not being able to get to the control panel for it http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif So i just went back to 1.0.. I'll go get those new ones.. I figured it was probably nForce 2 and was thinking of buying an Audigy Sound card or something..

[This message was edited by DisTurBeD_MuNkY on Sun March 21 2004 at 09:57 AM.]

DisTurBeD_MuNkY
03-21-2004, 12:48 PM
I just wanna post to say that getting the new drivers resolved the issue.

So thanks for your help, guys http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif