PDA

View Full Version : sound issue

TheGoldenDragon
02-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Hy, i have the following problem. During the game my sound starts to go crazy. Like a microphone to close to the speaker a annoying hard peep. I have the soundblaster extigy =>externe soundcard from creative. Will this also be in the full game???

Gotta hate this society!

TheGoldenDragon
02-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Hy, i have the following problem. During the game my sound starts to go crazy. Like a microphone to close to the speaker a annoying hard peep. I have the soundblaster extigy =>externe soundcard from creative. Will this also be in the full game???

Gotta hate this society!

cartwrim
03-01-2004, 06:44 AM
M8, I have exactly the same problem with the extigy. Auto detect sets my sound quality to high but the only thing I can think of is a conflict with the graphics. (I have a 64mb ATI card in a laptop). Please help us!

nucshuco
03-01-2004, 04:03 PM
i have the same ploblem as you guys http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.
i also have SB extigy.

OFPN_Shadow
03-03-2004, 12:15 PM
Might be a driver-issue for the Extigy.
If I'm not mistaken all Audigy's use the same driver, but the Extigy has its own driver due to the USB-interface. Any newer Extigy-drivers available?
Tried updating the chipset's USB-drivers?
I have the Audigy and never had anything wrong with the sound in FarCry.
Sorry, not much of a help here.

OFP Missions Depot (http://home.c2i.net/shadow)
http://home.c2i.net/shadow/mark23right.gifhttp://www.3dactionplanet.com/flashpoint/news/shadow/92i.jpg

cybrdude
03-07-2004, 05:11 PM
I have the same problem with the Extigy. I have confirmed this problem on 3 motherboards: MSI K7N2-L Delta (Nforce 2), MSI KT4 (VIA KT400), and my latest baby the Asus SK8N (Single processor Opteron - NFORCE 3). Max Payne 2 supported Dolby 5.1 and sounded awesome. The Extigy is far superior to the Audigy cards as the unit contains a ZORAN 5.1 decoder chip. The SB LIVE and Audigy perform 5.1 in SW. The Extigy is blessed by Dolby Laboratories as it does 5.1 in hardware. The Audigy does not. Hopefully Ubisoft and Creative will fix this issue but beta 2 is not looking good.

Late.

[This message was edited by cybrdude on Sun March 07 2004 at 04:21 PM.]

johnystrange
03-10-2004, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I actually have the same problem myself with audigy ls (yeah I know its not as cool as the extigy). The only way around it was to keep hw mixing + dolby on, but disable the eax. I really hope they get this fixed

r3tr0x
03-11-2004, 01:11 PM
Yeah guys I'm having the same problem with my Audigy 2 :-( I didnt notice it when I first got the demo a while back but since playing the new research level its been happening alot - and its bloody loud too! Like a huge POP in the sound. I disabled EAX but left HW mixing enabled and went back to the original level and that seemed to sort it. This brings back horrible memories of Unreal 2 The Awakening. That didnt support EAX fully so enabling caused crashes and sound problems. Hope it gets fixed in the retail / patch. EAX is a must...

jbescup
03-14-2004, 11:45 PM
Yes, I too have extigy and the SAME problem!! Grrr. If you're out there listening, UBI, I hope you guys do something to fix it. This game rocks, it would suck to have it wrecked by malfunctioning sound!!

cartwrim
03-18-2004, 09:04 AM
Just wondering if any techies or UBI/Creative people could help with the same problems we're all experiencing here. And bumping this thread to alert the fact. Maybe there is a new driver coming for Extigy to help. When sound goes haywire it actually grashes the game and computer doesn't respond. I didn't pay over 100 for a soundcard to make my games crash! Any help appreciated. Eze

CptLong
03-18-2004, 12:58 PM
I think that there must be an overall, general bug in sound, at least with the demo I use (PC Gamer). I'm using NVidia, and it sounds like cheaply produced hip hop. If you've ever heard a CD skip, thats it
"HHHHHHHHHHey, wwwwwwhat was tttttttttthhhat" said the hip mercenery.....
I also get it in the music and especially when the binoculars pick up a target. Lets hope that's been fixed,
CptLong

SgtSlick
03-18-2004, 01:41 PM
Using Audigy 2 card, I can hear sounds only if speaker volume is turned the whole way up, but the only sound I can't hear at all is my own weapon sound. Finally, the game froze (and froze my machine) with a loud continuous tone. Had to press reboot button on front of computer to restart.

Using Nforce2 mobo w/ Athlon XP 3200, 512 Ram:

video & sound info below:
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type:
DAC type:
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0250&SUBSYS_87211462&REV_A2\00F000
Display Memory: 127.5 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit)(optimal refresh rate)
Monitor: GATEWAY VX900
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: nvdisp.drv
Driver Version: 4.14.0010.5656 (English)

Audio:
Description: SB Audigy 2 Audio [D000]
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0004&SUBSYS_10071102&REV_04\384000
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: ctaud2k.sys
Driver Version: 5.12.0001.0441 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: No
Date and Size: 10/8/2003 10:06:04, 366160 bytes
Other Files: ctaud2k.sys
Driver Provider: Creative
HW Accel Level: Full
Cap Flags: 0xF5F
Min/Max Sample Rate: 4000, 192000
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 64, 63
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 64, 63
HW Memory: 0
Voice Management: Yes
EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes
I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No
Registry: OK
Sound Test Result: Not run

IndianaJones00
03-18-2004, 03:27 PM
I am having sound problems also but I get static through my speakers, everything is fine for a few mins then the static starts and it is really annoying, have tried the Support Faq and it says...

"The following sound cards are known to have driver problems when using hw mixing and EAX:
- nForce (reinstalling the drivers should fix the problem)
- onBoard AC97"

Well I have onboard sound which uses AC97 and I have updated those drivers and the nForce drivers and the problem is still present, will this same problem be present in the final game?

johnystrange
03-19-2004, 02:33 PM
Ubi/Crytek,
Will this be fixed for the full game. Please respond. This will greatly effect my decision along with others here to buy the game next week.

r3tr0x
03-21-2004, 06:14 AM
I had a similar problem with sound in the demo guys. I am running an Audigy 2 card and was gettin those "microphone" pops in the game u mentioned. I was also getting a similar problem (although very rarely) playing MP3s in Windows and also in a few choice games (90% of them were fine). I've managed to figure out that the latest version of the nForce drivers hate my Audigy2. After a format and not installing any chipset drivers (just for troubleshooting purposes) the sound was fine in MP3s and in the games that were messing up before. As soon as I installed the latest nForce drivers the problems returned - especially in Far Cry. As I cannot run my system without chipset drivers I have opted to use the 2.03 (old i know!) as these have just about sorted 99% of my sound problems (its happened once in the last week), so im sticking with these. Anyone who is having Audigy sound problems try changing ur chipset drivers are it worked for me. So nice to play Far Cry without those annoying cracks, pops and squeals!! Hope this helps someone...
Later

Baleur
03-23-2004, 03:25 AM
well its not so GOD DAMN easy to change chipset drivers if u have a crappy Mobo with basically no drivers lol, besides i DIDNT have this bug with the demos, only the full http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif((( no fix ive seen ppl talk about on the forums have helped me, win xp, sb audigy, geforce fx 5800

hoak
03-23-2004, 05:02 AM
I have a sound issue that is not like this but is none the less very anomolous. I'm using onboard VIA sound on an Abit KV8-MAX3, and using the latest AC'97 codec and drivers.

Single Player sound is fine, but in Multi-Player it sounds like I'm listening to the rear channels only of a surround sound system.

I think there may be a feed-back issue in the games sound sub-mixer and renderer that is feeding-back rear channel sound (hence the feed-back squeel on some cards).

Do you guys experience sound issues in both SP and MP?

Richie_B43
03-23-2004, 07:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheGoldenDragon:
Hy, i have the following problem.... Like a microphone to close to the speaker....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Experienced similar 'speaker feed-back' effect after upgrade (?) to Audigy LS.

The fix that worked for me was to reduce Hardware Acceleration from full to standard acceleration setting by moving slider back one click.

[Control Panel - Sounds/Audio Devices - Volume Tab - Speaker Settings Advanced Tab - Performance Tab - Audio Playback Acceleration Slider]

Now running Demos with EAX and Hardware Mixing: Enabled / Sound FX: Full / Music Volume: 50% / Music Quality: High / Speaker Setup: Stereo without any more problem.

I origionally posted this fix in the General Discussion Forum, (Sound Problem topic) and it seems to have worked for some but not for others.

Hope it works for you............Good Luck.

Richie.

[This message was edited by Richie_B43 on Tue March 23 2004 at 09:03 AM.]

Baleur
03-23-2004, 11:09 PM
hehe this is really odd

Richie_B43
03-24-2004, 12:48 AM
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gifHELP....I'm being followed!