PDA

View Full Version : Chessmaster 7000 - Player Level

SharonCM2004
03-16-2004, 03:51 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm very new to the game of chess and I've been learning using Chessmaster 5500. However, when I bought a new PC, I found my CM5500 would not work so I bought CM7000 and I am extremely disappointed. What I liked most about CM5500 was that it had player levels from Beginner to Advanced that I could use so that as I am progressing in my playing ability, I would simply move up to the next level. I am still at the novice stage and my only reason for buying CM7000 was my new PC. CM7000 does not have the player levels and personally, I find it's loaded with a lot of frankly, junk, that I can't use at my current level. There are "personalities" which are a waste of my time as I am an individual and do not want to rely on soneone else's personality for my own playing. I did look through them and I didn't see any that would fit my current playing level or my own chess personality as I am still discovering that as I learn the game. The coach and advice options are fine if I wanted someone else to do my thinking for me, but I don't. I would like to rely on my own growing skills which I was able to do with CM5500. Can someone explain why with all of the features that are included in CM7000, why the player levels were removed instead of being left in? Please excuse my rant, but so far, CM7000, even at $5, has proven to be a waste of my money. If there is a driver that will allow me to continue using CM5500 on my Windows XP PC, please let me know. At some point, CM7000 may be useful to me, but presently, it is not.

SharonCM2004
03-16-2004, 03:51 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm very new to the game of chess and I've been learning using Chessmaster 5500. However, when I bought a new PC, I found my CM5500 would not work so I bought CM7000 and I am extremely disappointed. What I liked most about CM5500 was that it had player levels from Beginner to Advanced that I could use so that as I am progressing in my playing ability, I would simply move up to the next level. I am still at the novice stage and my only reason for buying CM7000 was my new PC. CM7000 does not have the player levels and personally, I find it's loaded with a lot of frankly, junk, that I can't use at my current level. There are "personalities" which are a waste of my time as I am an individual and do not want to rely on soneone else's personality for my own playing. I did look through them and I didn't see any that would fit my current playing level or my own chess personality as I am still discovering that as I learn the game. The coach and advice options are fine if I wanted someone else to do my thinking for me, but I don't. I would like to rely on my own growing skills which I was able to do with CM5500. Can someone explain why with all of the features that are included in CM7000, why the player levels were removed instead of being left in? Please excuse my rant, but so far, CM7000, even at $5, has proven to be a waste of my money. If there is a driver that will allow me to continue using CM5500 on my Windows XP PC, please let me know. At some point, CM7000 may be useful to me, but presently, it is not.