PDA

View Full Version : Weapons problem /Embarrassment of riches

aq_guy
09-05-2004, 04:38 PM
I've had FC for months (beaten it a couple of times on medium), and I've been reading these forums for longer than that, but I haven't seen this particular problem described. If it has already been addreseed, someone just point me to the posting please.

I'm currently using FC patched to 1.2, and for the most part it works fine on my system, such as it is (Geforce FX5200, yeah, I know, get a real video card, etc). This was a fresh install of FC and then patch 1.2, after uninstalling everything.

When I start a new game (using a new profile), ALL WEAPONS ARE AVAILABLE TO ME AT ONCE. In additiona to having all 4 weapon slots occupied, I can use the "nest weapon" feature to access, in turn, every weapon in the FC inventory. Most don't have ammo until I encounter it in the game, but it's still annoying to try to remember which weapons I "legitimately" have acquired. Plus it gives me an unwanted edge not to have to choose which 4 weapons I will keep at any given time.

I have looked through the files in the FC folder, trying to see where the game stores the list of weapons currently "on board", but no luck. Does anyone know where the game stores this information?

Maybe this was one of the issues for which Ubisoft decided to recall the 1.2 patch.

Has anyone else encountered this particular glitch?

aq_guy
09-05-2004, 04:38 PM
I've had FC for months (beaten it a couple of times on medium), and I've been reading these forums for longer than that, but I haven't seen this particular problem described. If it has already been addreseed, someone just point me to the posting please.

I'm currently using FC patched to 1.2, and for the most part it works fine on my system, such as it is (Geforce FX5200, yeah, I know, get a real video card, etc). This was a fresh install of FC and then patch 1.2, after uninstalling everything.

When I start a new game (using a new profile), ALL WEAPONS ARE AVAILABLE TO ME AT ONCE. In additiona to having all 4 weapon slots occupied, I can use the "nest weapon" feature to access, in turn, every weapon in the FC inventory. Most don't have ammo until I encounter it in the game, but it's still annoying to try to remember which weapons I "legitimately" have acquired. Plus it gives me an unwanted edge not to have to choose which 4 weapons I will keep at any given time.

I have looked through the files in the FC folder, trying to see where the game stores the list of weapons currently "on board", but no luck. Does anyone know where the game stores this information?

Maybe this was one of the issues for which Ubisoft decided to recall the 1.2 patch.

Has anyone else encountered this particular glitch?

ashasha
09-05-2004, 05:40 PM
The only way that I know of how to get all weapons is in DEVMODE and if you type "#AllWeapons()". This should not be happening unless you have it in the command line as an argument or something weird along with booting into -DEVMODE. Is it possible that somehow you got this typed in there by accident and it is still activated? Have you tried starting a new game just to see if it is the same?

aq_guy
09-05-2004, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the reply, ashasha. I do use devmode, promarily to have available the save_game feature I don't have the give_all_weapons line in the shrtcut though.

But your comment put me on the right track. I just went to the devmode.lua and deleted the "give_all_weapons" section (got no use for that capability for what I do). Started a new game and the problem is gone.

Many thanks.

ashasha
09-06-2004, 08:43 AM
Glad to hear that I could help someone here. I haven't been doing so hot the last few days or so.