PDA

View Full Version : dlink rouder decated server problem

XyZspineZyX
11-26-2003, 06:18 PM
i have two computers on the rouder i am hosting a decated server and i can join the computer that is hosting the server but the other computer i can not get on the server it says server dose not respond but other people can join it on the internet and why dose my server have a zero ping to every one when im on dmz host but i want to know the most is why cant i have bolth compuyter on the server with dmz host on

XyZspineZyX
11-26-2003, 06:18 PM
i have two computers on the rouder i am hosting a decated server and i can join the computer that is hosting the server but the other computer i can not get on the server it says server dose not respond but other people can join it on the internet and why dose my server have a zero ping to every one when im on dmz host but i want to know the most is why cant i have bolth compuyter on the server with dmz host on

XyZspineZyX
11-27-2003, 01:35 AM
you have 2 machines running thru router. 1 machine is set up as dedicated server. you have accessed the router settings and put the internal ip, something like 192.168.1.2 or whatever the dedicated machines internal ip is in the dmz tab and hit accept. that should open that machine up to the internet. it should show up on the server screen within the game. you should be able to join it. i dont have a dlink, i have a linksys and thats how i do it.

XyZspineZyX
11-27-2003, 01:39 AM
i have not tried to join the game on the same machine that is running the game. i know my brother has done what your asking, i would think though that it may, unless you have one hell of a cpu or running duals, would put the hoodoo to your cpu. rs runs my cpu @ almost 100% when running

XyZspineZyX
12-02-2003, 04:52 PM
1) ping :: allow ping in tools menu.
2) join by ip and type in the internal one, not thru the internet server list.
3) read more in the forum. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif