PDA

View Full Version : Multi player theory

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 07:39 PM
Judging from the screens and vidieo i think i may have a theory about one possible mode of multi player and the 3rd and 1st person views. In one of the screens shots it shows sam holding a hostage with the mission objective saying "Locate and question captured technician" not the hud is the exact dublicate of the one used in the first game so let use prosume that that screen shot represents the single player side of things.Now for multi player I think it may be objective based not unlike return to castle wolf.in this mode you need to diffrent characters so lets use the shadow net units as the attacking force these are the guys with one green dot as there goggles.In the video it shows a shodow net unit at time :43 that is controled in the first person lets prosume this is in multi player because it for one has a radar and the pic that we know is the single player does not have one.Controling them in the 3rd person would give you the more interaction you need and all the moves you lerned in the single player game or every thing the spy class needs. For the other side of things you could be this guy. In the video at :41 on the clock you see this guy with the two flash light eyes that the shadow net shoots with the laser gun.You see him again in the first person mode at :45 on the clock I think these guys are a second character class a guard character playing the same role as the guards in single player mode to try to stop the spy every 1st person view the guys with the flash lights are these guys.since all you are the guard and do not posses the skills the shadow nets possess the optimal view for you would be the 1st person.So it is more like a counter-op game you against human controlled guards in a mission enviroment the perfect multi player mode for splinter cell imagine the possiblities of game play fist off you could limit the spys to one or two no respawns and hopefully remove the radar so all the hardcore sc players can try there skills at a mission were the guards arnt so dumb any more giving you a whole new expieriance.So depending on what class you are i think the view in multiplayer changes.But this is only a theory and could be all wrong any way but i just thought i would throw in my two cents.

Team Silent Rage

Gamer Tag: TSR Raven

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 07:39 PM
Judging from the screens and vidieo i think i may have a theory about one possible mode of multi player and the 3rd and 1st person views. In one of the screens shots it shows sam holding a hostage with the mission objective saying "Locate and question captured technician" not the hud is the exact dublicate of the one used in the first game so let use prosume that that screen shot represents the single player side of things.Now for multi player I think it may be objective based not unlike return to castle wolf.in this mode you need to diffrent characters so lets use the shadow net units as the attacking force these are the guys with one green dot as there goggles.In the video it shows a shodow net unit at time :43 that is controled in the first person lets prosume this is in multi player because it for one has a radar and the pic that we know is the single player does not have one.Controling them in the 3rd person would give you the more interaction you need and all the moves you lerned in the single player game or every thing the spy class needs. For the other side of things you could be this guy. In the video at :41 on the clock you see this guy with the two flash light eyes that the shadow net shoots with the laser gun.You see him again in the first person mode at :45 on the clock I think these guys are a second character class a guard character playing the same role as the guards in single player mode to try to stop the spy every 1st person view the guys with the flash lights are these guys.since all you are the guard and do not posses the skills the shadow nets possess the optimal view for you would be the 1st person.So it is more like a counter-op game you against human controlled guards in a mission enviroment the perfect multi player mode for splinter cell imagine the possiblities of game play fist off you could limit the spys to one or two no respawns and hopefully remove the radar so all the hardcore sc players can try there skills at a mission were the guards arnt so dumb any more giving you a whole new expieriance.So depending on what class you are i think the view in multiplayer changes.But this is only a theory and could be all wrong any way but i just thought i would throw in my two cents.

Team Silent Rage

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 04:08 AM
Ah, I had overlooked counter-op. This actually isn't a bad idea at all. The concern comes into the purity of play. If you're the terrorist team, you know exactly what you're looking for, what his tactics probably are, what his objective is, and most or all (especially depending if you've played the mission before) of the routes needed to complete it. It then becomes a 20:1 suicide mission for the player(s) playing the good guys. The concept is awesome, though, and it would be incredible if Ubi could realistically pull something of this nature off.

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 10:59 PM
yeah but by the video the bad guys all have flash lights so you could pick them out relitivly easy and if they are the ones in first person and you are not that gives them a vision disadvantage plus you could bump it to manybe 4 against twelve.If these guys are bad a$$es like they say they are then it will be a worthy challage for those that went through the hardest difficulty setting with one kill.Lets see if they can make it though a guantlet of human controlled terrorist complete the objectives with out killing a single one now that would make them a bad.Also if they kept up with ranks of the spy class and terrorist class seperate then you can be jude by not how may kills you have but how many you dont have.

Team Silent Rage

Message Edited on 10/11/0303:04PM by Silent.Rage

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 06:57 AM
And with the weapons...i rili hope it doesn't some how turn itself into a run and gun game.....that's practically wat rvs multiplayer is turning into *sigh*