PDA

View Full Version : New UPDATE - Ride the MIDNIGHT CIRCUIT!

Ubi-Negitron
10-12-2016, 01:08 PM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/frontieronlinecontent/community/wts_patch_notes_event_announcement.jpg

Howdy Riders!

Get ready to roll because we’ve got a spooky, scary and challenging Halloween update coming for you!
This time, we wanted to give you guys an all-new experience – enter the Midnight Circuit, where all of you get a shot at being a winner!

Read on to discover all the details of this brand-new update –

‘Quickshift Cam’
Before we tell you more about the Midnight Circuit, hear of ‘Quickshift Cam’ - she’s been around from before you were riding ‘yer tricycles!
What’s her story, you may ask? She’s back to the Frontier after a very long time, and she’s changed the rules of the game completely.
She’s planned the Midnight Circuit on the eve of her return. Ride at her Midnight Circuit and win huge rewards!

The Midnight Circuit
The Midnight Circuit Is a weekly competitive playground where you are given one track and one bike to ride on, with the goal of making the best possible time on that track!
The Midnight Circuit takes place on the same track for everyone! Each week presents one global challenge common for all the riders worldwide.

The Midnight Circuit leaderboard
There’s also an exclusive Midnight Circuit leaderboard that’s independent of the existing leaderboards in the game!
The Midnight Circuit Leaderboard resets every week with a new weekly track!

What about retries?

- You're allowed to retry thrice against each ghost. After 3 retries, a timer starts to recharge your next free retries.
- To race again instantly, you may use 3 gems for racing the same ghost again.
- Quitting the race after 3 retries will count as a loss, and the timer will activate automatically.

New Outfits!
Discover two new outfits with this update!

‘The Dealbreaker’ - our ‘Day of the Dead’ outfit that endows its wearer with a special ability in the Midnight Circuit!
‘The Headhunter’ - a brand-new outfit that can be earned as a reward in the Midnight Circuit!

The Rewards!
Your rank in the Midnight Circuit will earn you a trophy, based on your Midnight Circuit Leaderboard rank! Check them out -

a) The Top 1% - Mythic Trophy
b) The Top 10% - Carbon Trophy
c) The Top 25% - Stainless Trophy
d) The Top 50% - Iron Trophy
e) All others - Rusty Trophy
Note: You will only receive one trophy!

What’s In the Trophy?
A surprise awaits you … Smash these trophies by tapping them in the reward screen, at the end of the week! The higher your rank, the better your trophy and the rewards in it!
So if you think you've got what it takes - ride wild, ride crazy, and prove your worth!

Bug fixes and optimization

A Few of you couldn’t see the Medals in the Medal Toggle properly. There was an issue with score calculations where the Donkey/Crazy bike toggle was displaying bronze instead of platinum medals, and vice versa. This has been fixed and you can now see the exact medals you’ve earned through your respective bikes.
Some players complained about a screen-freeze while watching an ad. Our ad network has since rectified the exact issue, and you will be able to watch ads in exchange for rewards, smoothly.
Leaderboard integrity is very important to us and we are continuing the banning of cheaters with this update too. Most cheaters have been banned from the Leaderboard this time around, we included names that some of you had mentioned, and a few others we observed as well.

For any queries/suggestions, do let us know as a response to this thread. :)

Zh.Killthemll
10-12-2016, 01:45 PM
https://scontent-hkg3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14691951_699951090171265_2685250826178705708_o.jpg

Howdy Riders!

Get ready to roll because we’ve got a spooky, scary and challenging Halloween update coming for you!
This time, we wanted to give you guys an all-new experience – enter the Midnight Circuit, where all of you get a shot at being a winner!

Read on to discover all the details of this brand-new update –

‘Quickshift Cam’
Before we tell you more about the Midnight Circuit, hear of ‘Quickshift Cam’ - she’s been around from before you were riding ‘yer tricycles!
What’s her story, you may ask? She’s back to the Frontier after a very long time, and she’s changed the rules of the game completely.
She’s planned the Midnight Circuit on the eve of her return. Ride at her Midnight Circuit and win huge rewards!

The Midnight Circuit
The Midnight Circuit Is a weekly competitive playground where you are given one track and one bike to ride on, with the goal of making the best possible time on that track!
The Midnight Circuit takes place on the same track for everyone! Each week presents one global challenge common for all the riders worldwide.

The Midnight Circuit leaderboard
There’s also an exclusive Midnight Circuit leaderboard that’s independent of the existing leaderboards in the game!
The Midnight Circuit Leaderboard resets every week with a new weekly track!

What about retries?

- You're allowed to retry thrice against each ghost. After 3 retries, a timer starts to recharge your next free retries.
- To race again instantly, you may use 3 gems for racing the same ghost again.
- Quitting the race after 3 retries will count as a loss, and the timer will activate automatically.

New Outfits!
Discover two new outfits with this update!

‘The Dealbreaker’ - our ‘Day of the Dead’ outfit that endows its wearer with a special ability in the Midnight Circuit!
‘The Headhunter’ - a brand-new outfit that can be earned as a reward in the Midnight Circuit!

The Rewards!
Your rank in the Midnight Circuit will earn you a trophy, based on your Midnight Circuit Leaderboard rank! Check them out -

a) The Top 1% - Mythic Trophy
b) The Top 10% - Carbon Trophy
c) The Top 25% - Stainless Trophy
d) The Top 50% - Iron Trophy
e) All others - Rusty Trophy
Note: You will only receive one trophy!

What’s In the Trophy?
A surprise awaits you … Smash these trophies by tapping them in the reward screen, at the end of the week! The higher your rank, the better your trophy and the rewards in it!
So if you think you've got what it takes - ride wild, ride crazy, and prove your worth!

Bug fixes and optimization

A Few of you couldn’t see the Medals in the Medal Toggle properly. There was an issue with score calculations where the Donkey/Crazy bike toggle was displaying bronze instead of platinum medals, and vice versa. This has been fixed and you can now see the exact medals you’ve earned through your respective bikes.
Some players complained about a screen-freeze while watching an ad. Our ad network has since rectified the exact issue, and you will be able to watch ads in exchange for rewards, smoothly.
Leaderboard integrity is very important to us and we are continuing the banning of cheaters with this update too. Most cheaters have been banned from the Leaderboard this time around, we included names that some of you had mentioned, and a few others we observed as well.

For any queries/suggestions, do let us know as a response to this thread. :)

when will it be alive?

CagBall
10-12-2016, 01:50 PM
^^^ Why did you quote the entire post?

Also, oooh very good! This looks like a good format for an event! Well done!

CaptainWeelie
10-12-2016, 02:24 PM
when will it be alive?

Hey Killthemll!

Midnight Circuit will be live on 13th of October by 11:00 am GMT/UTC.

Thanks,
CaptainWeelie

BaDBoY53-TFG
10-12-2016, 02:39 PM
Hi everyone,

Seems like it will be an interested event :) I have one question, as this event is a Halloween one, can we expect to see missing Halloween tracks from 2015 year event added to the shop or somewhere? I know there is a 5 tracks' pack available now, but I also know that there are 8 (+-) more tracks from that event that are/were not added to the game yet. I and a lot of other people are waiting for about a year to finally be able to buy these tracks.

I would be thankful to see some answer :)

yjgalla
10-12-2016, 03:08 PM
Does the update fix the battery drain introduced with the previous update?

xitooner
10-12-2016, 08:37 PM
What’s In the Trophy?

You already hinted that the brand-new "Headhunter"outfit can be earned in Midnight Circuit..... but I am wondering..... Since what we get is a surprise for the week... does that mean what each person gets at the end of the week is something different? Even if they all get the same trophy?

Example: Three people all get the "Top 1% - Mythic Trophy" at the end of the 1st week.... will they all get the same "surprise reward", or will they all get different prizes?

(Overall... I really hope you guys have decent rewards for this.... you introduced the Puppy and its rewards are so weak its essentially not worth the trouble; )

The Midnight Circuit Is a weekly competitive playground where you are given one track and one bike to ride on

What if the person doesnt have that bike/track yet? Thankfully I have everything so far but...not true for everyone. Are the bikes from the Events (Agent, Stallion, etc) included in this list? Or maybe you guys let them run a weak version of the bike if they dont own it? Is any track possible, even ones a person doesnt own? Just curious...

xitooner
10-12-2016, 08:45 PM
A Few of you couldn’t see the Medals in the Medal Toggle properly. There was an issue with score calculations where the Donkey/Crazy bike toggle was displaying bronze instead of platinum medals, and vice versa. This has been fixed and you can now see the exact medals you’ve earned through your respective bikes

Am curious to see if they actually fixed the underlying scoring issue (and will adjust points earned), or if they just adjusted the Medal display.... :)

ChemicalD-TBR
10-12-2016, 09:02 PM
This looks like a mixture of the KTM event + the bunker, except tougher. Should be interesting but i´m curious as to what the prizes will be and what they meant by random. I`m surprised nothing has been mentioned about tracks having the ranks reordered. Any CM care to comment?

@Xitooner - Based on what they´ve done with the track LBs i´d say they probably only adjusted the Medal display for the donkey... (i think your question was rhetorical but i answered anyways)

Bonxy
10-12-2016, 09:49 PM
Can we get a list of the gamers that have been banned ?

xitooner
10-12-2016, 10:54 PM
@Xitooner - Based on what they´ve done with the track LBs i´d say they probably only adjusted the Medal display for the donkey... (i think your question was rhetorical but i answered anyways)
Probably true. :) But I plan to go back to one of those tracks donkey gets bronze on right now, and see what I get when I beat my score by a little bit, just to check. Maybe take the time to score a donkey track on my alt ID at various points to make sure we still get the same scoring curve.

I hope you can get one from them (always best to get it from RL for sure) but I am pretty sure the "we included names that some of you had mentioned" comment was in regards to a list that Heaverbeaver gave them, and you might be able to get it from him.

kyleplaysguitar
10-13-2016, 12:41 AM
I have a suggestion for another bug fix:

It seems like sometimes I can't tilt. I'll press the tilt button and it does nothing and then I crash. This is especially frustrating in the bunker because I can't win anything. And it only started happening when I started playing on the iPhone 7. Sometimes, it seems to happen randomly and other times, it seems to happen at the same place on the track every time, like on Wood Switch City, it always happens at the part with the actual switch at about the two-thirds point in the track.

ChemicalD-TBR
10-13-2016, 01:16 AM
Probably true. :) But I plan to go back to one of those tracks donkey gets bronze on right now, and see what I get when I beat my score by a little bit, just to check. Maybe take the time to score a donkey track on my alt ID at various points to make sure we still get the same scoring curve..

Cool, let us know what you find please sir.

CaptainWeelie
10-13-2016, 07:26 AM
Hi everyone,

Seems like it will be an interested event :) I have one question, as this event is a Halloween one, can we expect to see missing Halloween tracks from 2015 year event added to the shop or somewhere? I know there is a 5 tracks' pack available now, but I also know that there are 8 (+-) more tracks from that event that are/were not added to the game yet. I and a lot of other people are waiting for about a year to finally be able to buy these tracks.

I would be thankful to see some answer :)

Hey BaDBoY53-TFG!

Yes you can expect to see them in future!
Can't promise on the exact date and time though :)

Hi Bonxy,

We cannot openly name the cheaters from our side as our policies don't allow us to do so.
Nevertheless, if you find anyone cheating, don't hesitate to let us know their names. We'll surely take care of it :)

Cheers,
Capt.Weelie

CaptainWeelie
10-13-2016, 07:45 AM
You already hinted that the brand-new "Headhunter"outfit can be earned in Midnight Circuit..... but I am wondering..... Since what we get is a surprise for the week... does that mean what each person gets at the end of the week is something different? Even if they all get the same trophy?

Example: Three people all get the "Top 1% - Mythic Trophy" at the end of the 1st week.... will they all get the same "surprise reward", or will they all get different prizes?

(Overall... I really hope you guys have decent rewards for this.... you introduced the Puppy and its rewards are so weak its essentially not worth the trouble; )

What if the person doesnt have that bike/track yet? Thankfully I have everything so far but...not true for everyone. Are the bikes from the Events (Agent, Stallion, etc) included in this list? Or maybe you guys let them run a weak version of the bike if they dont own it? Is any track possible, even ones a person doesnt own? Just curious...

Hi xitooner!
To answer your first question, everyone gets a different reward based on the trophy you've earned and on your current inventory. There's a very low probability that 2 players will earn same rewards even if they have same trophy.
The rewards here are independent of the Puppy, but better the trophy, better are your rewards ;)

Secondly, Even if the player does not own the track or the bike, the player will still be able to play on/with it for that particular week. The bikes from the events are also included in the list.
Hope this answers your queries :)

Cheers,
CaptainWeelie

bunnyhop90-
10-13-2016, 09:10 AM
Am curious to see if they actually fixed the underlying scoring issue (and will adjust points earned), or if they just adjusted the Medal display.... :)

I think this is a problematic piece of an update - previously, at least we could see where we needed to improve on donkey/crazy tracks, which would actually improve POINTS ON LB. Currently, all you will improve is the theoretical donkey/crazy medal on a given track, which only has aesthetical value, but no value in lb points. not a good improvement

Ryder302
10-13-2016, 09:16 AM

What use would we have with a list of those? They are already banned, right?

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
10-13-2016, 12:07 PM
having a xmas event "prizes are random, no bug, deal with it even if you get 872 rusty parts in a row" deja vu :x

hope i'm wrong!

CagBall
10-13-2016, 12:44 PM
If you finish the race it takes away all your retries and you have to pay 3 gems again. Also it gave me unlimited goes at the start - too bad I couldn't put down a good run.

Also - I have to wait a long time for the leaderboard to load everyone's times before I can race again. Seriously - It takes forever!

CagBall
10-13-2016, 01:54 PM
Also, after this new update the phone gets really hot again and it drains the battery fast. Something has changed to the performance. If I play for over 15 minutes the game starts to have frame drops and speeds/slows down.

Will definitely need looking at.

ChemicalD-TBR
10-13-2016, 04:50 PM
Also - I have to wait a long time for the leaderboard to load everyone's times before I can race again. Seriously - It takes forever!

My leaderboard gets stuck in a loop where it briefly shows a few scores then goes back to showing the loading icon, then flashes a few scores, back to loading icon... I found if i click on the question mark at the bottom right and then go back to the leaderboard it stops the loop and loads the leaderboard properly.

Bonxy
10-13-2016, 06:27 PM
What use would we have with a list of those? They are already banned, right?

To see if they have banned any of the main culprits. One of the cheaters has already posted a ridiculous score on the midnight club android table. Ruins the game.

Edit - Just updated my results and the 3 main cheaters from this game are still there - http://i.imgur.com/SX2NxA2.png

You obviously havent deleted the right people ?

NSP_I_VeNoMz
10-13-2016, 08:17 PM
SOO excited for this!!!!

Pdizzle337
10-14-2016, 09:23 AM
lol you guys might as well take coins out of these offers. I would buy but I'm not wasting money on useless coins

CaptainWeelie
10-14-2016, 02:46 PM
Hey Riders!

We’ve observed that after you lose a race, instead of seeing a timer, you may see a race button. After clicking the button, there could be a pop-up that says “Cannot connect to Midnight Circuit”.
On clicking [OK] you will be redirected to the village home screen. Once you enter the Midnight Circuit back again, you will be able to see the timer correctly.

This glitch is being taken care of by the devs and will soon be resolved.

This won’t hamper your gameplay experience! Thank you for your patience.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/frontieronlinecontent/community/IMG_9514.11.png

https://s3.amazonaws.com/frontieronlinecontent/community/IMG_951522.png

ChemicalD-TBR
10-14-2016, 10:18 PM
Since the update when i´m going down my list of friends sending gifts the game freezes.

FatalDragon69
10-16-2016, 04:09 AM
I made it into the Top 1% but every time I enter the Midnight Circuit now it drops me right down to 50%.....The bar literally drops from 1% to 50% every time I enter.....What the hell !?!? :confused: :mad:

NSP_I_VeNoMz
10-16-2016, 01:44 PM
I made it into the Top 1% but every time I enter the Midnight Circuit now it drops me right down to 50%.....The bar literally drops from 1% to 50% every time I enter.....What the hell !?!? :confused: :mad:

Me and Sandholm also experience this.

ChemicalD-TBR
10-16-2016, 06:21 PM
Same here, was at 2% and the bar showed 2%. Got into 1% and now bar drops to 50%.

CaptainWeelie
10-17-2016, 06:43 AM

Me and Sandholm also experience this.

Same here, was at 2% and the bar showed 2%. Got into 1% and now bar drops to 50%.

Hey Riders,

Thanks for the heads up. Could you please tell me if your trophies/times change when you experience the percentage change?

CagBall
10-17-2016, 11:46 AM
I'm the same too.

The trophies drop through the ranks and it then reverts back to the Mythic Trophy but says top 50%. I think the event just remembers the last run you did.

cotletan
10-17-2016, 03:03 PM
Hey Riders,

Thanks for the heads up. Could you please tell me if your trophies/times change when you experience the percentage change?

Hello,

Same here
I was 2%, got to 1%
Now when I enter the event, it starts of showing 1% on the bottom bar, and with the Carbon trophy on the right. Then imediatly starts "updating", the bar goes backwards all the way to 50%, while the trophy animates achordingly. When it gets to the rusty ugly trophy, it imediatly changes the trophy into the Mythic one.
Rank and time are ok, they dont change or do anything odd.

ChemicalD-TBR
10-17-2016, 04:40 PM
Hey Riders,

When i first go into the Midnight Circuit this is what appears while the LB is loading.

http://i.imgur.com/jQ2OjoW.jpg

Once the LB loads the bar at the bottom starts moving to the left, going from 1% to 10%

http://i.imgur.com/FK6Ndl7.jpg

When it hits 10% the two trophies change and the bar keeps dropping to 25%

http://i.imgur.com/ZVuO8lP.jpg

When it hits 25% trophies change again and bar keeps going to 50%

http://i.imgur.com/LWgI5pU.jpg

When it hits 50% it very briefly flashes yet another trophy (to fast for me to take screenshot) and then the bar stops at 50% and the trophy changes one last time and then this is the final screen.

http://i.imgur.com/LmQGwu6.jpg

jabbafox
10-18-2016, 01:06 AM
I had this show last night. Apparently I didn't do as well as I thought. Aiming for the top -560000000% now!

http://imgur.com/EuVMGYS.jpg

CaptainWeelie
10-18-2016, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the update Riders! Have forwarded the information to the devs for further investigation!
Will keep you all posted for more updates!

Cheers,
CaptainWeelie

Nippuz-TFG
10-19-2016, 08:08 AM
Well,it seems to be aknowledged by now, but I'm getting the same glitch as the guys above, about the 1% rank and going back to 50%, I'm just hoping it doesn't screw us up or anything. I've been trying to rank up to 1% so hard since it came out and then this happens hahaha

zelvica
10-19-2016, 07:13 PM
Hello! I want to earn The Dealbreaker outfit. What means that "Double retries at the Midnight Circuit."? I need to retry 2 times and spend 6 diamond? Pleas anyone :)

Ubi-Negitron
10-21-2016, 08:27 PM
Hi zelvica, it means that with the Dealbreaker outfit, you'll get 6 retries without having to spend even 1 gem (diamond)! :)

Grandpoeba
10-23-2016, 02:23 PM
I can't seem to claim my reward.
The event ended 2 days ago now nothing happens if i "break" the cup to claim it.
Also the button "claim rewards" is grayed out so cant use it.
The timer is still at 00:00:00:00 so i cant compete in new event

Any1 else has this problem?

CaptainWeelie
10-24-2016, 07:16 AM
The event ended 2 days ago now nothing happens if i "break" the cup to claim it.

Hi Grandpoeba

Thanks for the heads up! We have fixed this issue and you should soon be able to claim your rewards!

ganascia89
10-25-2016, 02:02 AM

I hawe the dame problem of Grandppeba, i cat take my reward since the event is ended, and it's still stucked in it so i cant carry on the event!!

iainross2
10-25-2016, 12:53 PM
Well,it seems to be aknowledged by now, but I'm getting the same glitch as the guys above, about the 1% rank and going back to 50%, I'm just hoping it doesn't screw us up or anything. I've been trying to rank up to 1% so hard since it came out and then this happens hahaha

Same problem here. I just hope any tracks given as prizes will be able to buy in the store (after event has finished?). I feel like I only got the top 50% prize the other day when I was in the top 1%.

I'm in the top 100 on Global LB and If I don't get the new tracks I am quickly pushed down the LB

Thanks
Iainross2

*just seen there are 4 new tracks... I only got 4 prizes with no new tracks for top 1%... hopefully I'll get all 4 tracks by the end of the event (crossed fingers).

*new update has fixed the "1% rank going back to 50%" issue". Thankyou. :-)

theorigpreacher
10-25-2016, 07:59 PM
Hi Grandpoeba

Thanks for the heads up! We have fixed this issue and you should soon be able to claim your rewards!

I'm still having problems with this...help?

Pdizzle337
10-27-2016, 12:12 PM
Your only gonna get new tracks if you buy the stupid bundles

fulvioramos
10-29-2016, 11:31 PM
can you tell me if everyone ride the same bike or if it's the upgraded one?

i've never used this bike and think about the ones that even don't have it.

it would be unfair!

CaptainWeelie
11-04-2016, 07:23 AM
Hey Riders,

Our servers need some urgent fixes, so the game's online features will not work after 45 minutes, for 2 hours. Don't panic if the Midnight Circuit & other online features do not work correctly,
Apologies for the last minute update.

Will keep you posted on further updates!

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
11-07-2016, 04:32 PM
*BUG ALERT!*

i'm being given the wrong ghost

my best time is 21.360 and right now i've beat my ghost by ~ 0.400 but did 21.8xx

how's that? :confused:

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
11-07-2016, 06:56 PM
tried it again and it keeps happening!

i appear to be winning:

https://s11.postimg.org/p8px8y48v/image.png (https://postimg.org/image/p8px8y48v/)

but i'm actually losing, because:

https://s16.postimg.org/m6onw8ws1/image.png (https://postimg.org/image/m6onw8ws1/)

why am i running a ghost almost 1 second slower than my time?

hmc_jr
11-14-2016, 10:12 AM
was wondering why i can't connect to midight circuit... as i get the "unable to connect to the midnight circuit. please try again later and continue from where you left" message...
although i can connect and challenge other riders in the bunkers and am able to use the slot machine... i can't seem to connect and run the midnight circuit...

is the series finished/done?

HappyOldGit
11-14-2016, 01:42 PM
was wondering why i can't connect to midight circuit... as i get the "unable to connect to the midnight circuit. please try again later and continue from where you left" message...
although i can connect and challenge other riders in the bunkers and am able to use the slot machine... i can't seem to connect and run the midnight circuit...

is the series finished/done?

Finished last Thursday. No more for the moment......

hmc_jr
11-16-2016, 07:26 AM
Finished last Thursday. No more for the moment......

thanks for the info... any additional info if this feature will continue? i'm guessing a new series in december?