PDA

View Full Version : Graphics card prob

XyZspineZyX
12-01-2003, 11:34 PM
Hey, when i was reading the system reqs on the site,(well i just bought a new computer equipped with a geforce 4 mx for Xmas) and i wanted to know why u cant use the geforce 4 mx, i really wanted this game for the comp, i guess i could get it for my xbox or ps2, but is there any way i can bypass this w/o getting a new card?¿?¿?

XyZspineZyX
12-01-2003, 11:34 PM
Hey, when i was reading the system reqs on the site,(well i just bought a new computer equipped with a geforce 4 mx for Xmas) and i wanted to know why u cant use the geforce 4 mx, i really wanted this game for the comp, i guess i could get it for my xbox or ps2, but is there any way i can bypass this w/o getting a new card?¿?¿?

XyZspineZyX
12-02-2003, 12:00 AM
simms --

I'm not sure why the GeForce 4 isn't supported. I know that this isn't the most helpful answer, but if I find out more I'll be sure to post it. Why not try the xbox version instead? at least you have that option!

- djnogg

XyZspineZyX
12-02-2003, 12:26 AM
ty for ur help, i may rent it for the box or the station, but i dont wanna buy it unless i can get it for the comp, the possibilities are endless with the comp. if anyone hears anything about this that may help please post

XyZspineZyX
12-02-2003, 06:29 AM
I have a Geforce4 MX 440 graphics card, 64mb. anyway, I didn't know till after I got the game that it doesn't support my video card. Can anyone tell me if there is a workaround for this problem. I don't want to have to upgrade my video card. Thanks

XyZspineZyX
12-02-2003, 03:40 PM
No work arounds for a card that doesn't support Pixel Shaders.
4MX users should complain with nVidia and its marketing departament for making a product that it's DX7 technology (basically a faster GeForce 2) named after a DX8.0 product (GF4).

Sorry http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

mthain
12-30-2004, 06:15 AM
The game loaded OK on my computer and all the spec passed the initial tests but I can't use the game. I go into the game and it seems to want me to create a character, but only half the text appears, which obviously doesn't make any sense. The background seems OK, but I cannot do anything. Does this seem like a graphics card problem to you all? I have a Geforce 5200FX with 128mb. I guess this card is probably old now. The proc is 3.06 P4 and I have 512mb memory. I can only think its the graphics card, but dont really want to change it for this game.... Any ideas?
topfuel@ntlworld.com

warriorclint
01-26-2005, 01:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by simms46200688:
Hey, when i was reading the system reqs on the site,(well i just bought a new computer equipped with a geforce 4 mx for Xmas) and i wanted to know why u cant use the geforce 4 mx, i really wanted this game for the comp, i guess i could get it for my xbox or ps2, but is there any way i can bypass this w/o getting a new card?¿?¿? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hi buddy!well i had a geforce 4mx 440 too before....it was a very good card but not that good enough to support the latest pc games that come up!!to tell u more abt Geforce 4MX 440 card....this card is only a hardware TNL(transform & lighting graphics) card!it does not support Pixel and Vertex shaders!the upcoming games support Pixel and vertex shaders.....but the funny thing is the Geforce 3 series of graphic cards supports the minimum pixel and vertex shaders version 1.1!thats suprising right???so i upgraded my pc's graphic card to a Club 3D ATI RADEON 9600 PRO 256mb VRAM!!!this is the coolest card i ever had....all my games run as smooth as silk!!when it comes to Doom III,i play the game on high graphics not on Ultra high!!!on high details it delivers me blazing speed of frame rates on my pc!!!!
About warrior within,it runs smooth on all graphic settings maxed to the highest!my resolution i always set it to 800*600,for any game i play bcos its the best resolution to play any game u like!make sure u download the latest graphic drivers from the websites....so if urs is a geforce 4 then its the nvidia website!make sure to scan ur system from viruses and errors,defragment ur system every 2 weeks!
well to tell u about Geforce 4mx series..hmmm i would recommend u to upgrade ur graphic card only!!make sure ur system ram is atleast 256mb or above that will be even more better!
This is my system spec in which i have no prob with any **** game u throw at my pc!!!!!...........
2.4GHZ Intel Prescott Pentium 4 Processor,
512mb DDR RAM,
Club 3D ATI RADEON 9600 PRO 256mb VRAM,
Windows XP Pro(with service pack 1)
ASUS Motherboard P4P800-VM(with AGP 8x).