PDA

View Full Version : Please lets have real perriscope visablity

Stevepine
05-26-2004, 08:47 PM
In SH2 it didn't matter if you had the scope only just pointing its tip above the waves or the whole perriscope fully extended 3 or 4 feet above the water - the Destroyers reaction was the same.

I think one thing that really would be good to see would be this changed and therefore to encourage the player to be more a lot more stealthy using the scope.

In Red storm rising (on the c64 ..great game!) the scope actually had a visibility meter next to it... ( a kind of simple bar graph )
so that you could tell how easily you could be seen.
Any ideas? what do you think?

Stevepine
05-26-2004, 08:47 PM
In SH2 it didn't matter if you had the scope only just pointing its tip above the waves or the whole perriscope fully extended 3 or 4 feet above the water - the Destroyers reaction was the same.

I think one thing that really would be good to see would be this changed and therefore to encourage the player to be more a lot more stealthy using the scope.

In Red storm rising (on the c64 ..great game!) the scope actually had a visibility meter next to it... ( a kind of simple bar graph )
so that you could tell how easily you could be seen.
Any ideas? what do you think?

HeibgesU999
05-26-2004, 11:19 PM
are you sure sh2 doesn't model that?

Leif...
05-27-2004, 12:21 AM
The speed of the u-boat is also important. If there is spray around the scope itâ's much easier to detect. I imagine that it should be pretty much undetectable if staying low at a low speed.

Leifâ...

Capt.LoneRanger
05-27-2004, 02:44 AM
Agreed, Leif.

To spot the periscope is a lot more difficult than the white stream caused by the subs speed and water-speed (e.g. with strong wind) with raised periscope, snorkle (or radar-antenna).

greets
Capt.LoneRanger

http://www.imageshack.us/img1/7182/1703abcdefg.gif